Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    vCash
    it depends on the direction we're going....if they think we're rebuilding i can see us going richardson, if they think we're a few players away, i can see us going moore or jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jobclarke View Post
    it depends on the direction we're going....if they think we're rebuilding i can see us going richardson, if they think we're a few players away, i can see us going moore or jones
    i think we need more of a rebuild then few players away but it depends wat we do in FA and who we resign.

the few players away afforded us that AWFUL 2008 draft of Harvey and Groves

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    we trade pick 2 for pick 12, 44, 82. the dolphins move up to secure Joeckel(should they let long leave) or Moore/werner/jones.

round 1: Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
    round 2: Margus Hunt DE SMU
    round 2: Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
    round 3: Kyle Long G/T Oregon
    round 3: Sio Moore OLB Connecticut
    round 4: Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
    round 5: B.W Webb CB William and Mary
    round 6: Tyrann Mathieu CB/S LSU
    round 7: Russell Shepard WR LSU

draft gives us athletic abilities and a fair amount of players who could fill roles.

Richardson and Hunt would add more athleticism to the dline.
    Ryan, Webb, and Mathieu would add talent to an otherwise barren cabinet at CB.
    Long gives us a valuable guy who can play Tackle and Guard and is related to howie long and chris Long.
    Moore adds more athletic abilites to our OLB spot occupied by allen.
    Barner adds a speedy backup RB who might be MJDs long-term replacement.
    Sheppard gives us a good slot wr option.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/...3-mock-jaguars

optimum scouting mock gives us RIchardson at 2. just gotta say i was first to it
    For one they said Tyson alualu solid. Mosley and. Knight on should start. Both are better than alualu. Anything after that I don't take serious. He won't go. Don't worry.

vCash
    Weird. How honey badger keeps falling....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    Weird. How honey badger keeps falling....
    hard to really peg a spot for him to go. if he played this year would be much easier to project where hed go. had he played this year probably round 2-3. i think dropping him atleast 2 rounds is fair givin his red flags and the not playing this year.

i think he will go higher than that but im still trying to figure out where he fits in at.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Jake Matthews will return for his senior season

vCash
    If we stay at pick 2 these are the only guys I think we should look at, in no special order.

1. L. Joeckel
    2. S. Lotulelei
    3. D. Moore
    4. B. Werner

Hopefully we can trade down and stay in the top 10 then I think we should look at only these guys.

1. C. Warmack
    2. D. Milliner
    3. S. Richardson
    4. J. Jones

vCash
    My round 2 favorites in no special order

1. X. Rohodes
    2. J. Williams
    3. S. Floyd
    4. A. Murray
    5. B. Jones
    6. J. Cooper
    7. J. Banks
    8 J. Poyer

Hopefully a few of these guys will be available we can pick from. Depending on who we draft in the firs and what we do in free agency depends on what route we go in the 2nd.

Wildcard

1. T. Austin WR/KR/PR/RB/WC

vCash
    You will have to include Logan Ryan. Dude is gonna shoot up draft boards come April.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    You will have to include Logan Ryan. Dude is gonna shoot up draft boards come April.
    dudes already graded to the 2nd round and if u noticed my mock we grabbed him

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I don't think there will be a lot of trades in this draft. Quarterback prospects usually initiate most trade moves. Unless Smith and Barkley (or some dark horse candidate) really blow people away in the pre draft process, there is unlikely to be a market for the #2 overall pick. That means the top prospects are likely to be linemen, of which there are good alternatives on both sides of the ball. So I think the teams in the top half of the first round will sit and wait to see who falls to them, rather than giving up extra assets to move up for a guy who might not be much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    I don't think there will be a lot of trades in this draft. Quarterback prospects usually initiate most trade moves. Unless Smith and Barkley (or some dark horse candidate) really blow people away in the pre draft process, there is unlikely to be a market for the #2 overall pick. That means the top prospects are likely to be linemen, of which there are good alternatives on both sides of the ball. So I think the teams in the top half of the first round will sit and wait to see who falls to them, rather than giving up extra assets to move up for a guy who might not be much better.
    in terms of dlinemen yes theres quite a few good ones but only 3-4-5 of them with top 15 grades. u got Joeckel, Lewen, Matthews(reportedly staying), Fisher(could be a riser with Matthews staying) and Warmack. theres a huge drop off in terms of ability from Joeckel to the other tackles who are rumored to declare. going guard early isnt very likely so warmack could fall to the 20s. i think a team wanting that franchise LT will want to move up to secure him like the browns did for richardson.

defensively you have: Mingo, Montgomery, Moore, Werner, Star, Richardson, Hankins, Ansah(combine riser), and jones going in the top 15. at this position its really a matter of scheme and who u like.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    But no team is going to trade up from the back end of the first round to #2 overall. Any such trade would have to come from a team with at least a top 10 pick. Nobody wants a lineman so badly that they will sacrifice their draft or future drafts to acquire him. There is no Lawrence Taylor in this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    But no team is going to trade up from the back end of the first round to #2 overall. Any such trade would have to come from a team with at least a top 10 pick. Nobody wants a lineman so badly that they will sacrifice their draft or future drafts to acquire him. There is no Lawrence Taylor in this draft.
    ya but theres a franchise lt. theres about 10 teams that all could use a LT that pick in the top 16. the team i suspect that would move up for one would be the dolphins if they lose Jake Long. they have extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd round this year.

also the 49ers fans tend to think this year the 49ers are gonna move up with the extra picks they are rumored to be getting.

the rams who seem to need offensive line help might be willing to move up to go grab one.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast