Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    vCash
    cant lead a team to the nfc championship?? yeah i guess thats not where we want to go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    If we can get a DT in free agency then I say we take Luke Joeckel. That should make our line pretty solid from the outside pass rush. Move Monroe to RT.
    why move a TOP 5 LT in the league to rt? if anything trade down and take his Team Matthews who is just a lil below him in athletic abilities but is clearly better as a RT than Joeckel or monroe. Matthews has the pedigree and Bloodlines to be a great player. he has good enough athleticism to consider at even LT.

as for taking a DT in round 1 sure we rank 31st against the run but lets not discount the fact that outside of the colts packers jets and lions we've played against some very good backs. i mean AP, Foster, Forte, D-MC, BJGE, Spiller, CJ2k, tate are all very good backs in the league.

look at our sack production. ill give you a hint its dead last with 14. one should add that Star doesnt rush the passer that well at all. hes purely a run stuffer IMO while a guy like Hankins(good athletic abilities for a 330 pounder) or richardson(dude is athletic and plays run and pass well) both provide more impact than star. im not saying star isnt good, im just saying hes very 1 sided on defense and given our defenses lack of ability to pressure and sack the qb should take more importence given this day in age where teams throw it more than they run it.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    cant lead a team to the nfc championship?? yeah i guess thats not where we want to go...
    game Manager. dont think smith has an impressive arm for deep balls.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    why move a TOP 5 LT in the league to rt? if anything trade down and take his Team Matthews who is just a lil below him in athletic abilities but is clearly better as a RT than Joeckel or monroe. Matthews has the pedigree and Bloodlines to be a great player. he has good enough athleticism to consider at even LT.

as for taking a DT in round 1 sure we rank 31st against the run but lets not discount the fact that outside of the colts packers jets and lions we've played against some very good backs. i mean AP, Foster, Forte, D-MC, BJGE, Spiller, CJ2k, tate are all very good backs in the league.

look at our sack production. ill give you a hint its dead last with 14. one should add that Star doesnt rush the passer that well at all. hes purely a run stuffer IMO while a guy like Hankins(good athletic abilities for a 330 pounder) or richardson(dude is athletic and plays run and pass well) both provide more impact than star. im not saying star isnt good, im just saying hes very 1 sided on defense and given our defenses lack of ability to pressure and sack the qb should take more importence given this day in age where teams throw it more than they run it.
    1. Because Joeckel I think can be one of the best LT in the league and he is best at pass protection but can do both well. Monroe can do both really good and I think he can play RT just as good as LT.
    2. Every team pays against good backs.
    3. Star is not purely a run stuffer and he will draw double teams on the inside
    Last edited by flgatorsandjags; 12-11-2012 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    1. Because Joeckel I think can be one of the best LT in the league and he is best at pass protection but can do both well. Monroe can do both really good and I think he can play RT just as good as LT.
    2. Every team pays against good backs.
    3. Star is not purely a run stuffer and he will draw double teams on the inside
    1. Monroe can be one of the best LTs in the NFL. i see no reason to add a LT in the top 5 when we already have a top 5-10 LT. i could understand if Monroe was injury prone or even in his late prime but switching from LT to RT isnt all that easy. i mean for starters u play with the opposite hand in the dirt the opposite foot back a lil depending on the formation.

why bother taking a LT when theres always quality LTs in the draft every year? i mean if we should take an OT in round 1 we should trade down some in order to do so and take Matthews who has the Bloodlines to be atleast a Probowler and possibley more. sure he doesnt have the lightest feet but at rt its always more about run blocking than pass protection and even pass protection, he is solid. i mean he shut down arguebly the best Dou at DE in college(mingo and montgomery).

2.yes every team plays good backs but factor no Daryl smith for the year and ya the run defense should take a hit from that because smith is our best defender.

3. yes i know he could take up double teams but that doesnt help our pass rush any because no one can rush up the middle for us. when our ends get the edge and beat the tackles the qb has room to step up. we need more of an all around DT than an almost 1 trick pony which is tieing up blockers and playing the run pretty well.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    if you want run stuffing watch werner. guy is a genius

vCash
    Here are the needs I see the Jags must address at some point during the offseason (in order of importance):

D-Line
    QB
    O-Line
    CB
    Backup RB
    TE?
    LB Depth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    Here are the needs I see the Jags must address at some point during the offseason (in order of importance):

D-Line
    QB
    O-Line
    CB
    Backup RB
    TE?
    LB Depth
    ID Go with
    1a) D-line
    1b) CB(i mean outside of cox we suck)
    2) O-line
    3) Starting lb(i want a LB that is impactful in all parts of the game and allen isnt that)
    4) TE(Lewis is good starter but a backup TE would be nice)
    5) RB
    6) Backup S
    7) WR
    8) QB(henne and gabbert are qbs u can win with and qb isnt worth being picked if it isnt a franchise guy IMO for us).

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    id agree with that.

vCash
    pick 2. Sign Melton, Levitre, Hillis. i want to trade back a few spots for some picks but i dont see any good offers.

round 1: Bjoern Werner DE FSU
    round 2: Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
    round 3: Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    round 4: Rick Wagner OT Wisconsin
    round 5: Logan Thomas TE Virginia Tech
    round 6: Sanders Commings DB Georgia
    round 7: Greg Reid CB Valdosta State

if thomas doesnt declare then id go Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I find it weird you guys dont have qb as the main need

Henne and Gabbert have been terrible aside from a couple moments

Gabbert still has a chance as he shows bright spots and he's still 23

We have wepons and we need a guy who can move this freakin offense and just use the guys we have around him

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    But i say we need to fix the defense most of all just because

I have a really strong feeling Tebow will be on our team next year

Who knows maybe he Plays back like at Florida but i know he'll be here next year

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    I find it weird you guys dont have qb as the main need

Henne and Gabbert have been terrible aside from a couple moments

Gabbert still has a chance as he shows bright spots and he's still 23

We have wepons and we need a guy who can move this freakin offense and just use the guys we have around him
    we have weopons who drop the ball alot(34 drops and counting according to stats LLC).

sure qb would be a main need if there was a FRANCHISE QB available but there isnt so go for Improving the whole roster instead

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    But i say we need to fix the defense most of all just because

I have a really strong feeling Tebow will be on our team next year

Who knows maybe he Plays back like at Florida but i know he'll be here next year
    for the bolded

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash

Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast