Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Where do you place the blame?

We aren't exactly having a great season, and the roster isn't in great shape going forward. In fact, I'd argue we're in among the worst positions in the league at the moment. Who do you blame and how do you split it up? Here's mine:

10%: Injuries. Losing Revis killed the season, but Holmes slyly really hurt as well. I feel like with Holmes we win the Pats game. We're also in bad shape if Revis can't come back.

50%: Tannenbaum. He went all in for the 2011 season and it killed our cap. He's also a fairly mediocre drafter. This team was simply not constructed well.

35%: Rex. I just don't see how Sanchez deserves to have a job at this point. Rex is too stubborn to make a change and he now might be going down with the ship.

5%: Woody. He's the owner of the team. He needs to take responsibility when his employees aren't doing their jobs.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    For me, here is my breakdown:

Injuries-- 5%. I think Cromartie has filled in nicely for Revis and Kerley has played well in Holmes spot. No doubt the Jets miss them, but there are some things happening that it wouldn't matter if Revis or Holmes were there (Missing tackles, getting gashed in the run game, Sanchez INT's, no running game, poor o-line play).

Tannenbaum-- 20%. He has constructed a bad team, but of the 53 men on the roster, only like 5 are over 30. There is youth on this team. How many teams can say they have 3 QB's at 25 and younger? Which leads too...

Coaches (Rex included) 60%. The team has looked totally unprepared against San Francisco, Seattle, and Miami. And we have heard multiple opposing players say the Jets look like they "laid down" in the 4th quarter. That is unacceptable. Also, the coaches had 2weeks to prepare for Seattle and that is how they played today? The coaches don't know how to use Tebow, the defense is below average, special teams the past few weeks have been atrocious, etc, etc. I think a bunch of coaching changes would help.

Woody 15%. I know it seems high, but his ideas for running a team are all wrong. Tebow brought in did nothing but create distractions and was done for nothing more than PSL's and headlines. Also, Woody's comment about wanting a Mitt Romney victory over a Jets win doesn't set well with me either. If I was a player, I'd question how much I'd want to play for a team he owns. Seems too interested in headlines and selling PSL's than he does winning football games, and that is a bad combination.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    For me, here is my breakdown:

Injuries-- 5%. I think Cromartie has filled in nicely for Revis and Kerley has played well in Holmes spot. No doubt the Jets miss them, but there are some things happening that it wouldn't matter if Revis or Holmes were there (Missing tackles, getting gashed in the run game, Sanchez INT's, no running game, poor o-line play).

Tannenbaum-- 20%. He has constructed a bad team, but of the 53 men on the roster, only like 5 are over 30. There is youth on this team. How many teams can say they have 3 QB's at 25 and younger? Which leads too...

Coaches (Rex included) 60%. The team has looked totally unprepared against San Francisco, Seattle, and Miami. And we have heard multiple opposing players say the Jets look like they "laid down" in the 4th quarter. That is unacceptable. Also, the coaches had 2weeks to prepare for Seattle and that is how they played today? The coaches don't know how to use Tebow, the defense is below average, special teams the past few weeks have been atrocious, etc, etc. I think a bunch of coaching changes would help.

Woody 15%. I know it seems high, but his ideas for running a team are all wrong. Tebow brought in did nothing but create distractions and was done for nothing more than PSL's and headlines. Also, Woody's comment about wanting a Mitt Romney victory over a Jets win doesn't set well with me either. If I was a player, I'd question how much I'd want to play for a team he owns. Seems too interested in headlines and selling PSL's than he does winning football games, and that is a bad combination.

We have 3 "QB"? LOL

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash

Where do you place the blame?

I say 60% on Tanny....he is horrible at evaluating talent. He is only good at working the cap. He also did nothing to address the major needs of this team in offseason.

30% on Sparano......the guy is a horrible offensive coordinator. I'd say even worse then Schotty!!

10% Rex....because he is the coach and has to shoulder some blame.

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

vCash
    I blame society.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    100% coaching/front office - there are plenty areas to place blame on the team, but in all those areas, it all comes back to coaching and front office.

sanchez is here and with an extended contract based on their decision, clearly a terrible one, that they refuse to swallow their pride on. same goes for santonio, and all the other poor roster/draft mistakes we have made in recent years.

we are a joke of a team, and its becoming more embarassing and frustrating to watch week after week.

i sincerely think the next move must be to bench sanchez period. and i find it more impossible to believe that we cant all agree on that at this point, i mean really...

vCash
    I blame the lack of talent.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    First thing I gotta say is most of the blame goes to the talent evaluator and I'm not sure how much Rex Ryan has an influence on that. I think it's obvious he did not want Tebow on this team. But just how much influence does he have in drafting. A few years back on hard knocks he stated how he gets one draft pick a season and he used it on John Connor. How much influence does he have on the other picks?

If Rex doesn't have control on the personel decisions and has to work with what Tanny gives him, I can only give him 10% of the blame. However if Kyle Wilson, Wilkerson, Coples as well as all their lackluster draft picks since he has taken over are his call I can go up to 35%. His Defensive players always seem to be in the right position but unable to make the plays. That's a personnel issue more then anything.

If Tanny is making these decisions he should lose his job. He still hasn't replaces Ben Hartsock who seemed like an afterthought but its been 3 years and we still don't have a sufficient blocking tightend. Tanny setup A young QB in Sanchez to fail by not putting the right pieces around him. Could he have been a top 10 QB if he was handled correctly? We will never know. But what we do know is the last 2 years Sanchez has taken a serious beating. He doesn't have the weapons. His running back can't catch which hurts his check downs.

Sanchez has been terrible and I'm not making excuses for him but he has been handled terribly. At one point he looked like he could be a future star. Played great in the playoffs and for whatever reason he was left out to dry by a poor offensive line, poor play calling, lack of playmakers on offense and no depth. He hasn't been the same since he took that beating in the raiders game when mangold was out.

Rex 10%
    Tanny 40%
    Scouting 40%
    Woody 10% for pushing Tebow down Rex's throat and destroying any confidence Sanchez had left.
    Last edited by Rio40; 11-12-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    First thing I gotta say is most of the blame goes to the talent evaluator and I'm not sure how much Rex Ryan has an influence on that. I think it's obvious he did not want Tebow on this team. But just how much influence does he have in drafting. A few years back on hard knocks he stated how he gets one draft pick a season and he used it on John Connor. How much influence does he have on the other picks?

If Rex doesn't have control on the personel decisions and has to work with what Tanny gives him, I can only give him 10% of the blame. However if Kyle Wilson, Wilkerson, Coples as well as all their lackluster draft picks since he has taken over are his call I can go up to 35%. His Defensive players always seem to be in the right position but unable to make the plays. That's a personnel issue more then anything.

If Tanny is making these decisions he should lose his job. He still hasn't replaces Ben Hartsock who seemed like an afterthought but its been 3 years and we still don't have a sufficient blocking tightend. Tanny setup A young QB in Sanchez to fail by not putting the right pieces around him. Could he have been a top 10 QB if he was handled correctly? We will never know. But what we do know is the last 2 years Sanchez has taken a serious beating. He doesn't have the weapons. His running back can't catch which hurts his check downs.

Sanchez has been terrible and I'm not making excuses for him but he has been handled terribly. At one point he looked like he could be a future star. Played great in the playoffs and for whatever reason he was left out to dry by a poor offensive line, poor play calling, lack of playmakers on offense and no depth. He hasn't been the same since he took that beating in the raiders game when mangold was out.

Rex 10%
    Tanny 40%
    Scouting 40%
    Woody 10% for pushing Tebow down Rex's throat and destroying any confidence Sanchez had left.
    I've heard before on these forums that the problem with the Jets first rounders is that they aren't the value that they should be-- Kyle Wilson as a nickel CB is not something you draft in the 1st round; Muhammad Wilkerson as a 3-4 DE, meat and potatoes type guy that you can find all over the NFL Draft and stuff like that.

And as I have said with the personnel before: What does it say about the offense when your center is your best player? Name me another team in the NFL where that is true?
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    ...And as I have said with the personnel before: What does it say about the offense when your center is your best player?
    Fortunately for the Jets their Center is not their best offensive player.

Again, one of the better centers in the league has nothing to do with being the best OL on your team, and Mangold is NOT the best OL on the team.

vCash
    Sanchez.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    The bulk of the blame has to be put on Tanny and Rex for not building a team for the long haul. For giving out a lot of bad contracts. For having subpar drafts. The over achieved the first two seasons and they thought that wuold carry them to further success.

This team needs a serious overhaul on both sides of the ball. Besides Mangold, Brick, and maybe Hill because of potential, there isn't anyone on offense I would want to see on this team next season.

And on defense it's Cro, Revis, Landry, Mo and Cope and that's it. This team has no talent. NO explosive playmakers on either side of the ball. and absolutely no depth at any position. And that's what happens when you overpay free agents and reach on draft picks.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Fire Rex.
    Fire Tannenbaum.
    Find a new QB.

Clean house. Not today but at the end of the season. I want a fresh start.

vCash
    The ble can't be placed in one area, coaching and talent can be the first place. Injuries and play calling follow close behind too.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Honestly, I don't see how you don't put the blame on our GM. Everyone knew what our glaring issues were coming into this season, and the Jets did NOTHING to address them. Shonn Greene was bad last year, the O Line was deteriorating last year, it was obvious that we needed a legitimate back up quarterback, and our receiving corps was suspect.

Lets be honest, how many of these problems were addressed? Sanchez sucks but how much do you expect him to improve when he can barely hike the foot ball without feeling pressure from the D. Our running game is painfully stagnant, receivers are dropping easy passes, and we still have not addressed our issue with stooping the run. Those are issues the GM is supposed to handle. Am I wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast