Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dwyane Wade To Li Ning?

http://sneakernews.com/2012/08/17/dw...de-to-li-ning/

His contract about to be up w/ Jordan Brand this article is speculating wether the investment on Wade is paying off and wether he'll choose to go else where like Li-Ning.

Spite of the look of the Wade signitures (Fly Wade 1 & 2) the shoes are performance beasts on the court. The Jordan Fly Wade 2 was regarded as the best basketball shoe in 2011 by some shoe reviewers including Sneakerfiles.com
    over more popular signatures such as Lebrons, Kobe & Durant.

I own both pairs and love to ball in both. I actually like the 1st Fly Wade's. The grip & support are fantastic. I actually don't even mind the look of the 1st Wade's. I had to get used to the look and design of the FLy Wade 2's though. But they performed just as well as the 1st. All JB really need to do is match the look w/ the performance and you will have a shoe that will sell off the shelves like the Kobe's, Lebrons and KD's. Nike are doing a hell of a job with all 3 and JB mos def need to step up design/look wise with their sigs including CP3 & Carmelo. Nike designs are nuts and JB need to start kicking some butt in that department.

Hopefully what ever Wade decides that it won't be Li-Ning and go w/ Nike or even Adidas. The Rose Adizero 2's are performance beasts also. Li-Ning would just spoil his rep & he deserves better.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    i hope he stays with jb. It was my dream back in 2004 that wade should have been in team jordan and wearing his j's. 2010 was a dream come true. Now he's gone? If that happens, jb is crap and i hope nike picks wade up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemikz9Clutch View Post
    i hope he stays with jb. It was my dream back in 2004 that wade should have been in team jordan and wearing his j's. 2010 was a dream come true. Now he's gone? If that happens, jb is crap and i hope nike picks wade up.
    Wade signing w/ JB was very fitting as he's career achievements were very deserving of it especially coming from a far less popular & mediocre Converse brand. I too was very excited w/ the signing but was quite dissappointed w/ the way they treated him. Rather than giving him his very first sigs he debuts his signing by promoting the Jordan 2012's instead wich i thought exploited Wade to sell the brand rather than promoting him as an individual elite player. So then everybody waited a year or so for his signatures and assuming it would be releasing in 2011 which it did but they released the Jordan 2011 first. His signs did not release until late in the 2011 NBA season. It seems to me Jordan Brand were more focused on their brand more than they were of Wade.

If he leaves JB or is forced out will it be Jordan Brands designers fault for not producing something as visually appealing as it's competitors and not giving Wade signatures any real obligation over it's yearly releases? or is it the fault of Wade not quite performing at the best of his abilities that we have been used to throughout his career?

I think it's a mix of both but even a mediocre player can sell shoes if the shoes look hella dope so i would have to lay majority blame on Jordan Brand. Unless of course Wade just has bad taste in shoes considering he does have some input on how the shoes look.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Report: Jordan Fly Wade 3 cancelled, Dwyane Wade contemplates move to Li-Ning

Dwyane Wade might be taking the summer off to heal from the wear and tear that his body endured during this past schedule-condensed NBA season, but there appears to be a little bit of business that he will have to attend to in the near future. That is because the word is out that Jordan Brand and Wade are considering parting ways this summer when Wade's contract expires.

As many sneakerheads might remember, Dwyane Wade was originally signed by Nike subsidiary Converse during his rookie season in 2003 and made the jump to Nike sister company Jordan Brand in 2009. Because of Wade's natural position and ties to the Chicago era, Michael Jordan himself saw it fit to anoint Wade as the man who would carry the Air Jordan legacy into the future. But now that is all in jeopardy with the Jordan Fly Wade 3 reportedly being cancelled and Wade looking at other optoins.
    Christian Laettner catches up with Dwyane Wade in London.
    Video: Wade drops in on Olympics

According to a list released by Sole Collector on the Top 5 Sneaker Free Agents on Thursday, Wade was listed at #3. Sole Collector's Nick DePaula cited reasons for his inclusion on the list range from the disappointing sales of his own Jordan Fly Wade signature shoes relative to his $10 million per season deal, the lack of direction as to his role - where he has to do double duty endorsing the flagship Air Jordan and his own line - in the company and his penchant for being "sensitive to work with at times and indecisive[ness] when it comes to product feedback."

The speculation out there is that Wade is considering making a move to a Chinese shoe company like Li-Ning, with whom he has already made contact with. For the past few summers, Wade has already made strides in extending his own brand in the basketball-rich country as part of Jordan Brand, and if the reports are true, he might be now looking to cash that equity he has built up with the fans and hope they will follow him to whatever sneaker company he chooses. Wade could also decide to stay with Jordan Brand sans the Fly Wade line or maybe even join Nike alongside Miami Heat teammates LeBron James or Chris Bosh, but according to DePaula, that does not seem likley.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/repo...ove-to-li-ning

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    Wade signing w/ JB was very fitting as he's career achievements were very deserving of it especially coming from a far less popular & mediocre Converse brand. I too was very excited w/ the signing but was quite dissappointed w/ the way they treated him. Rather than giving him his very first sigs he debuts his signing by promoting the Jordan 2012's instead wich i thought exploited Wade to sell the brand rather than promoting him as an individual elite player. So then everybody waited a year or so for his signatures and assuming it would be releasing in 2011 which it did but they released the Jordan 2011 first. His signs did not release until late in the 2011 NBA season. It seems to me Jordan Brand were more focused on their brand more than they were of Wade.

If he leaves JB or is forced out will it be Jordan Brands designers fault for not producing something as visually appealing as it's competitors and not giving Wade signatures any real obligation over it's yearly releases? or is it the fault of Wade not quite performing at the best of his abilities that we have been used to throughout his career?

I think it's a mix of both but even a mediocre player can sell shoes if the shoes look hella dope so i would have to lay majority blame on Jordan Brand. Unless of course Wade just has bad taste in shoes considering he does have some input on how the shoes look.
    Great point there dude! Sucks that this had to happen. I too think it's a mix of both. The designs were "meh" for me especially the 2nd shoe. Then you include wade's performance this season especially at the playoffs. It can and possibly made an impact to why this is happening considering jb shoes are a mix of performance and style

vCash

vCash
    this is dissapointing. i was thrilled when he signed with jordan and i bought the first fly wades right away. i love those shoes. but it sounds like he was being misused there, i just hope he picks a better shoe company than li ning!

vCash
    I bet they would pay wade 20+mil a year lol

vCash
    These are some ugly *** shoes

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

vCash
    probably a negotiation tactic from wade's team to gain leverage, li-ning shoes look terrible. :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    any of you guys can share some opinions on how wade maybe mistreated by jb 'cause i dont have any idea on those. Him annointed to continue wearing the air jordan shoes wasn't bad for me. Then him having his shoe made me confuse what will be the shoes he wearing. Is he gonna wear aj's now then fly wades the next game? Something like that.

vCash
    Well here's what their most recent shoes are looking like:
    http://shop.li-ning.com/Li-Ning/Bask...nav=Basketball

Honestly, I tried to picture D-Wade running around in these...didn't look good mentally. Unless they make them sleeker, they ain't gonna be pretty.

vCash
    It would be a joke if Wade leaves a great brand like JB & signs w/ Adidas let alone a chump brand like Li-ning. It would be a step down........... about a million steps down. I think he resigns or moves to Nike. I actually wouldn't mind if he goes to Nike as Nike designers have been coming up w/ great designs for the past 4 years now. I'm not even sure i can name 1 shoe that came out of Jordan Brand in the last 4 yrs that really stood out amongst the Hyperdunks/Hyperfuse, Kobe's, Lebrons and even the KD's.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Please go to nike. Im in love with the kobe 7s and i have like 3 pairs of em but i hate the fact that theyre kobes shoes. I would love for Wade to finally put out a shoe worth wearing becasue hes my favorite player. The only pair of Wades ive bought and quite frankly the only good looking pair were his first converse's. But sadly you cant find those anywhere anymore

vCash
    Go back to Converse. I didn't find the move to Nike a good one because he already had his "own" shoes at Converse back then.

I loved my Converse Wade 3s. RIP.
    I'm Normally Not a Praying Man, but If You're up There...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast