Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Eagles could part ways with Nnamdi after the season

It’s regarded as a foregone conclusion that the Eagles will cut quarterback Mike Vick after the 2012 season, given that he’s due to earn a base salary of $15.5 million in 2013.

Vick’s not the only high-profile player who could be on his way out of Philly.

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is due to earn a base salary of $15 million next season. Per a source with knowledge of the deal, $4 million of the salary is fully guaranteed. But $11 million isn’t; the question for the Eagles is whether they’re willing to pay Asomugha $4 million not to play for them — or $15 million to remain on the team.

Cutting Asomugha after the season would trigger no cap hit, other than the $4 million in guaranteed money. His contract had no signing bonus, with the Eagles using a structure that equates compensation to cap number each year.

There’s a way the Eagles could make Asomugha’s cash and cap number less problematic next season. Per the source, the contract reduces Asomugha’s pay by $3 million in 2013 if the participates in fewer than 90 percent of the snaps in 2011 or 2012. Benching Asomugha late in the year for a couple of games would prevent him from hitting that number, dropping his salary to $12 million.

Benching Asomugha to trigger a $3 million reduction in his pay may not be the wisest strategy for keeping him happy. Regardless, chances are he won’t be thrilled with his wages in 2013. Given the decline in his performance, no one will pay him $15 million next season.
    I remember ppl bashing me saying I'm glad Tampa didn't sign him. Warren sapp put the blueprint on this guy saying in Oakland he never consistently covered number 1s? Warren won
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Of course he is gone, unless he restructures.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    I hadn't paid much attention to the talk of him being on the decline until a few weeks ago when Julio caught that bomb on him from ol' Noodle Arm.

vCash
    most likely some1 else will pick him up and pay him about 3-4m/yr

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Dream team!
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

vCash
    He is still solid, He would help a team. He is on the decline but still not a bad player a very high number 2 CB, Low end number1
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    probally best for the eagles to start from strach at this point honestly
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Amazing - the Eagles dominated the division for a decade while parting ways with players on the back nine and not signing many pricey free agents. They fell just short of Superbowls many times and, IMO, believed adding some significant, costly free agent talent would get them over the top. It's backfired.

vCash
    hilarious. people calling him the second best DB behind Revis last year. my god, this team is a mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    hilarious. people calling him the second best DB behind Revis last year. my god, this team is a mess.

They're a very talented mess though. All that talent and add on some very high draft picks which cost a minimum for many years, look out. They aren't that far away.

vCash
    Hope Arizona signs both of them

vCash
    I'll take him over corey webster lol

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    For 4-5 mil a year, he can come be the number 2 behind Prince. He can't be as bad as Corey Webster has been this year
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Patriots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    They're a very talented mess though. All that talent and add on some very high draft picks which cost a minimum for many years, look out. They aren't that far away.
    That's the thing. As an Eagles fan, the last two seasons have been the most trying experience of my football watching life (I tend to void out the 90's Eagles or my brain wants to explode). Honestly, I can't tell you definitively what the problem is with this team, but for anyone to deny they aren't talented is just wrong. At a certain point, I believe it comes down to coaching but that's a conversation for another topic.

I don't see Nnamdi back next season regardless of how we finish. There is just no way they will be able to justify paying him 15 million to be a number two receiver. With Nnamdi and Vick off the books, we can go after a younger, more consistent corner, safety, and O-line help. 30 Million plus whatever else we had free is a lot of money to spend.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast