Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    I think less snaps is the way to go but it was interesting listening to Alfred Williams today, he was saying more Holliday in the backfield plays and he would bring up Jeremiah Johnson and play those three. I do like the idea of Holliday getting more plays the guy can make things happen, not to sure about Johnson though..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Moreno struggles mightily in a zone scheme. One of his biggest issues (besides ball security and being injury prone) is his vision. He doesn't know when the hole is going to open up or when to hit the hole. I believe Brandon Spano and Cecil Lammey both pointed out how he just doesn't get the feel of the zone scheme during preseason which was why McGahee was running away with the RB spot.
    see thats weird cause im almost positive that he ran behind a zone blocking oline at georgia. georgia is pretty well known for their zone/cut blocking schemes.

either way i stand by my point. mcgahees snaps need to go down, and if hillman is not comprehending the offense give moreno the chance. we might as well just get rid of ball cause hes not playing anymore either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    I think less snaps is the way to go but it was interesting listening to Alfred Williams today, he was saying more Holliday in the backfield plays and he would bring up Jeremiah Johnson and play those three. I do like the idea of Holliday getting more plays the guy can make things happen, not to sure about Johnson though..
    yeah we could use holliday the way the vikings use percy harvin... id rather him stay healthy and fresh for the returns though cause that dude is by definition a game changer. we already have hillman, i dont see why they would use johnson when they are a lot like each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    see thats weird cause im almost positive that he ran behind a zone blocking oline at georgia. georgia is pretty well known for their zone/cut blocking schemes.

either way i stand by my point. mcgahees snaps need to go down, and if hillman is not comprehending the offense give moreno the chance. we might as well just get rid of ball cause hes not playing anymore either.
    It's possible, but I do remember Spano and Lammey pointing out how much he struggled with the zone system. So idk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Oh my... we are now using cartoon metaphors. You do not seize to amaze.

Can you tell us who those coaches replaced said RB with? Didn't think so.

It isn't about offending anyone. It is about putting the best product on the field and positioning the team for success. Willis fumbles too much, but he gives this team the best chacne to win even taking those fumbles into account.
    How about you attempt to put your personal feelings aside and try to look at things from a team advantage point of view? Or would that take us into a realm you would have trouble existing in?
    he did, but honestly he has not been the same the last few weeks. hes not running as hard, and hes not holding onto the ball. in the last 2 games he has an average of a little over 3 ypc, 2 fumbles, and 0 td's. i dont know if his knee is giving him problems or what, but hes just not running the same.

vCash
    he did, but honestly he has not been the same the last few weeks. hes not running as hard, and hes not holding onto the ball. in the last 2 games he has an average of a little over 3 ypc, 2 fumbles, and 0 td's. i dont know if his knee is giving him problems or what, but hes just not running the same.
    True. However, I m not ready to put the last two weeks on Willis. We all watched the games, the line definitely left the team hanging in terms of run blocking.

I saw a Willis that looked similar as he did 4 weeks ago. What I didnt see was many holes to run through.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    It's possible, but I do remember Spano and Lammey pointing out how much he struggled with the zone system. So idk.
    oh i believe you. im just trying to find an answer to improve our running game.... the 22nd ranked running game is not acceptable imo. if we could get that up to even 10th best, we would be unstoppable. i mean our running game is comparable to detroits, green bay, cinci, and pit. ive been laughing at those teams when they try to run the ball... and we are just as bad as them. our team has the 4th worst per carry average in the league. i dont know i guess its the perfectionist in me... no matter how good we are im always looking for a way we can improve lol.

vCash
    moreno ran in a power blocking scheme at georgia and was great at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner:24319642
    moreno ran in a power blocking scheme at georgia and was great at it.
    That might be... they could have switched schemes between the time he left and now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    Yea, no need for Johnson. If you want explosiveness in the open field..then I don't see why we wouldn't go to Moreno.

That holliday wrinkle did catch my eye..you have a homerun threat..you might want to keep using him. I expect to see that happen a lot more down the stretch. They already have to pay attention to Bay-Bay and his bubble screen threat...imagine this little shrimp.

Just hold onto the ball though.

vCash
    Yea, no need for Johnson. If you want explosiveness in the open field..then I don't see why we wouldn't go to Moreno.

That holliday wrinkle did catch my eye..you have a homerun threat..you might want to keep using him. I expect to see that happen a lot more down the stretch. They already have to pay attention to Bay-Bay and his bubble screen threat...imagine this little shrimp.

Just hold onto the ball though.
    eah the thing thats been confusing me is the last couple weeks those screens have been going to decker....

vCash
    eah the thing thats been confusing me is the last couple weeks those screens have been going to decker....
    i dont get that at all either... dt88 is so much more explosive with it, why wouldnt it go to him

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234