Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    vCash
    ^^^ Ried's biggest mistake with the Defense was not naming Juan Castillo as DC, but rather hiring a DL Coach who only coaches/employs a Wide 9 Base Defense.This is why Andy Reid could not hire a repsected/experienced DC in the first place. Since most DC's do not want to employ the Wide-9 as a Base Scheme for it is too much High Risk-High Reward type of DL Scheme where it exposes the LB and Safeties. Reid should have known back in 2010 with young LB’s and Young unproven Safeties that this would be too much to expect. Also there were many reports coming out of Tennessee that even Jeff Fisher was growing weary of Washburn's antics so it was well known that Washburn was a jerk.
    Last edited by 76erEaglePhils; 12-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    the defense was doing well, we weren't losing cuz of Castillo, we were losing cuz Andy and Marty's offense were giving up turnovers and they wouldn't run.

When you pass a lot and dont get sacks and turnovers, you will have your defense on the field ALOT.

Turnovers + Lots of passing = tired defense
    no turnovers, no sacks = more tired defense

Andy needs to look in the dang mirror

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Funny thread title but,very misleading.

I don't quite understand the master of new threads getting this one named in his honor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    Washburn should have been the one fired during the bye Week and the Eagles could have had a glimmer of a hope for the 2012 Season. Firing Castillo was a panic move for the fans after D blowing late leads to Steelers/Lions to appease the fans and then the wheels fell off shortly thereafter.. I believe “Senior Advisor” Tom Donahoe with the support of Owner Jeff Lurie forced GM Roseman/AR to make the changes with Washburn,Babin,VIck and others who will be not returning be in 2013 and to get a good look at the young players.. I am waiting for them to Bench Asomugha and place Boykin as an outside cb where he belongs since, Asmo will not be returning either in 2013 and then use Hughes or Marsh as the cover Slot cb.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    ^^^ quite possibly so... but we as fans only know so much.

no one knew the extent of Washburn being such a jerk... It became clear when we cut Babin though.

Sadly Juan was a decision made in haste. We never did get to see him implement HIS system...we will never know but regardless hiring a former college defensive cord of 2 years when he was your OLINE coach was a huge mistake to begin with
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    ^^^ Ried's biggest mistake with the Defense was not naming Juan Castillo as DC, but rather hiring a DL Coach who only coaches/employs a Wide 9 Base Defense.This is why Andy Reid could not hire a repsected/experienced DC in the first place. Since most DC's do not want to employ the Wide-9 as a Base Scheme for it is too much High Risk-High Reward type of DL Scheme where it exposes the LB and Safeties. Reid should have known back in 2010 with young LB’s and Young unproven Safeties that this would be too much to expect. Also there were many reports coming out of Tennessee that even Jeff Fisher was growing weary of Washburn's antics so it was well known that Washburn was a jerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    the defense was doing well, we weren't losing cuz of Castillo, we were losing cuz Andy and Marty's offense were giving up turnovers and they wouldn't run.

When you pass a lot and dont get sacks and turnovers, you will have your defense on the field ALOT.

Turnovers + Lots of passing = tired defense
    no turnovers, no sacks = more tired defense

Andy needs to look in the dang mirror
    Guys, can we stay on topic please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles710 View Post
    Lmao to the ReidTard Comment Pretty funny.

but Whats funnier is that there is not a better Coach out there that we can get.

Gruden... Signed 5 years With espn in 2011.
    Bill Cowher... From what i read does not WANT to coach the eagles.

And Besides those guys, we are left with.

Tony Dungy
    Norv Turner
    Holmgren... i think.
    mangini lol

So either way we are screwed, Eagles will hire within, and there goes 2-3 Years.
    The only thing i can hope for. is Sean Payton starts to hate the saints this off-season

Cus ya know, no coach ever came out of nowhere to be a great head coach (cough Mike Tomlin, cough Mike McCarthy, cough Gary Kubiak).

Just saying man, it's hard to say there's not a better coach out there, some assistants will be great head coaches, just need a chance.

Resume's are the only thing a persons ability to coach should be based on.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    I see a sitcom potential in this. Basically the show would be rikux77 coming in to the house and starting a conversation that everybody was already talking about. All the time.
    “Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers”

vCash
    Did anybody else see T'eo Nesheim during the game? God, our front office is dumb for letting that gem go!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011