Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If I were Andy I'd be throwing Howard Mudd's entire office out the back door.

I understand this line has been patched together with backups, but these are PROFESSIONAL backups. I mean, you have to be relatively good to get into the NfL. You'd think these guys just got up off the couch. We're in the second half of the season and still these guys aren't finishing plays, taking bogus penalties concsistently, and completely missing assignments. I swear if you watch this line closely you'll see them run right by tacklers, almost as if they're the ones carrying the ball.

You can play the "backups" and "second-string" cards all you want, but the fact of the matter is the second half of the season is all execution. Mudd's had well over 15-16 weeks with these guys and they still look like just a bunch of stiffs.

Yeah the defense is soft beyond all hell, overrated, and has no depth at all. Yeah are receivers are weak and clearly, CLEARLY afraid to go get the ball. But like it or not if your line can only give you enough time to drop back, you're not moving the football, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    There were a lot of weird things that happened around that time, though.

1. Castillo promoted from o-line coach to DC
    2. Mudd and Washburn brought in with their unconventional styles even though we didn't really have the personnel
    3. Vick's second season as starter - there was tape for other teams to game plan on now
    4. The worst draft I've seen as an Eagles' fan. (Watkins, Jarett, Matthews)

It sure seems like Reid's fingerprints were all over those. I really do like him, but he just took too much responsibility on himself and suffered for it.
    Most of the above is because of Roseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Most of the above is because of Roseman.
    Which ones?

vCash
    If I had to honestly say, all of them...other than Castillo.

vCash
    1. Reid hired Mudd (and his unconventional scheme) so he could promote Castillo.
    2. Reid hired Washburn BEFORE he had a defensive coordinator in place, so whoever took it over had to accomodate a strange strategy that didn't have the LBs to make it work.
    3. You don't think Reid was the one who wanted Watkins? That just reeks of an Andy Reid pick, and I don't believe Roseman had the final say of any draft picks since he was pretty new at the time. I do believe that Reid was the official draftmaster that year.

I don't blame Reid for the FA signings as I do believe that Roseman was in charge there, but I'd have to think that Reid had some say.

vCash
    I've defended Reid for about 5 years now, but I think its time to cut ties. I think it would be good for both parties to start over.

vCash
    Reid was a good talent evaluator, had disciplined teams (very little penalties), and was great at getting team ready to play

Reid is not good at time management and rarely makes adjustments because of his ego

Yesterday was a prime example, passing 9 times in a row with a rookie qb with an all pro Rb

Past 2 years: undisciplined, unable to score in red zone, turnover prone

vCash
    Those blaming roseman are scapegoating him just like Castillo was

vCash
    First of all, lots of respect for what Reid was able to do, and how quickly he was able to do it. I appreciate everything he was able to do here, but it's time to move on. There's no reason anymore not to. It's been about 5 consecutive average or worse seasons now. Joe Banner said it himself "the definition of crazy is repeating the same actions over and over again, expecting different results."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles710 View Post
    Lmao to the ReidTard Comment Pretty funny.

but Whats funnier is that there is not a better Coach out there that we can get.

Gruden... Signed 5 years With espn in 2011.
    Bill Cowher... From what i read does not WANT to coach the eagles.

And Besides those guys, we are left with.

Tony Dungy
    Norv Turner
    Holmgren... i think.
    mangini lol

So either way we are screwed, Eagles will hire within, and there goes 2-3 Years.
    The only thing i can hope for. is Sean Payton starts to hate the saints this off-season
    This is ridiculous and everyone needs to stop thinking that we have to see a coach that has won it before. First of all, in the history of the NFL, no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams, so there's no evidence pointing to us needing any of these guys. Second, Andy Reid never won anything prior to coming to Philadelphia. He was never even an offensive coordinator.

There's plenty of coordinators and position coaches out there that could be a great head coach, Lurie just needs to find him. Look at some of the top teams in the league right now and you'll see in quite a few cases the head coach wasn't an NFL head coach before their current job and they are doing fine:

Jim Harbaugh
    John Harbaugh
    Gary Kubiak
    Mike Tomlin
    Mike McCarthy
    Lovie Smith
    Mike Smith
    Sean Peyton

Then add in some of the teams that have had success the past few years, are playing ok now, seem to be turning it around, or haven't had enough time to really evaluate yet:

Mike Munchak
    Leslie Frazier
    Greg Shiano
    Joe Philbin
    Jim Schwartz
    Ken Whistenhunt
    Bruce Arians (4-1 under him)

This is a pretty solid list, and could probably be expanded on. None of these guys were a head coach in the NFL prior to the job they currently have, and few of them (3 that I can think of) were head coaches in college. This isn't to say that all coordinators are going to end up being a good coach, but it just proves you don't have to get a former Super Bowl Champion. There's plenty of coaches out there to choose from, and they won't definitely be worse than Reid. Why not take the risk now? What are some people so afraid of? Are we afraid of not going 7-9 or 9-7 anymore?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Where is the lack of discipline coming from? When did we become undisciplined? Lack of players executing, yes? Undisciplined, no.

Crappy drafts? So a few guys don't pan out, but now we have had crappy drafts? This is crap. Yes we swung on missed on a few guys, but we have also landed the core of our team through drafting that has panned out fairly well.

We need a new offensive coordinator, Reid has let Marty do the job *remember when we all got mad about Reid having too much control in it), now everyone wants to blame Reid because Marty is failing. It's so hypocritical.

Reid is a damn good coach. Does he have his flaws, yes he does, one of them is putting too much trust into others to do their jobs better. A knock that the fans forced him in to by whining all of the time that he had too much control. the same thing has happened with Roseman. They take some of that control from Reid, and look what has happened.

Let Reid go back to being Reid and see what happens. His record and tenure isn't a fluke.
    I'm not saying he is a bad coach, I'm saying that like any other human he has mande mistakes that has set this franchise to crappiness.

If the players are soft it's because of the coach's style, they wer not soft because JJ was a tough son of a gun, and he would put players in their place.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Kelly out at Oregon would certainly be one. And honestly, outside of a return of Nick Sabean, I don't know of many college coaches who seem real prime to make that jump outside of Kelly. Kelly almost left last year, so he's nabbable, I feel.
    What type of coach is he offensive minded or defensive minded??

Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Hmm now that I think about it,perhaps Roesman is to blame?The Eagles haven't been worth a crap since he took over as GM.Something to think about.
    Well no point even ragging on Roseman we extended him last week to 2 year deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I just finished posting something very similar to this.

Fans at times have very short memories. Remember when Reid had "too much control"? Everyone *****ed, but it was some of our most successful seasons.

Now, with most of that control relinquished, we have had 2 years of mediocrity. Most of it in player development/scouting/playcalling.

To be blind to this is funny.
    Its the problem with our fan base and I'm not referring to PSD users either. The fan base in Philadelphia in general is so impatient and sad, they are so short sided too.

Everything Reid used to do they complained about at that time, then when he stops 2-3 years later they start complaining asking why did he stop doing the things that worked for him. It's like people find absolutely anything to **** about cause they have nothing better to do.

I will comment on one part that I disagree with, Reid had control of drafts but in his 14 years in 10 of those drafts he's drafted O-line and D-line the trenches basically and how many of them ever turned out to be near the top of their position or even stay here for a long time?? Probably 1 in Shawn Andrews but other then that everyone else was below average to average. Not saying you should always hit in the first round but those percentages are pretty bad and kinda sets us back, when we have to continually keep drafting those positions because the players we draft end up as busts.

Also it's been a long while since we've had one of those Reid hitting big on a mid round draft pick. Brent Celek in 2007 was the last time we hit it nice on a mid-late round pick.

Another thing is they let some guys go sometimes after a small sample size or for other reasons that end up producing with other teams and becoming viable starters.

I don't want Reid to go but the fans have literally drove him out and its basically inevitable after the seasons over so we can't do anything but to just get accustomed to it so we won't be as heartbroken as if it happened out of the dark.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    The one chance Reid has is for Foles to come in and prove that they can contend next year with the players they have (including those coming off injury).

Reid would have to fire Marty, possibly Mudd and Washburn, and make sure Bowles is who he's ready to stake his job on. He's got to get better assistant coaches and delegate rather than try to do it all himself.

vCash
    Washburn has to go no matter what.
    Mudd is whatever but Washburn is a complete waste.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    The one chance Reid has is for Foles to come in and prove that they can contend next year with the players they have (including those coming off injury).

Reid would have to fire Marty, possibly Mudd and Washburn, and make sure Bowles is who he's ready to stake his job on. He's got to get better assistant coaches and delegate rather than try to do it all himself.
    Even this is all pending on if Luire does not find a more suitable replacement. For instance, If Sean Peyton agrees to be the Eagles next head coach, Andy is gone! Whether Foles plays lights out or not.

vCash
    Brian Dawkins!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast