Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Joy. Eagles fans will get what they always wanted: the removal of Andy Reid. And as much as I hope that the next guy will be as good, the chances of that are truly slim: we had an awesome coach and talent evaluator for the last 14 years, they don't grow those on trees.

. Gonna miss you big red. Don't worry, most Eagles fans will too, eventually.
    We'll miss the Superbowl he... Oh wait.

He couldn't win the big one...

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    As a head coach you're only as good as your coaching staff, and the fact that he stuck with Mornhinweg and Castillo for so long was the beginning of the end. Troy Aikman said it best today, the inability to ever replace Jim Johnson is what resulted in the end of Andy's tenure here.

Andy turned this franchise around and deserves so much respect for that, I'll always appreciate the fact that he got us to 5 NFC title games and a Super Bowl. Even though the outcomes never came out the way that we wanted them to, the last 14 years have been full of a lot of drama, good memories and bad memories but were still very exciting nonetheless. He's a great evaluater of talent that will immediately get hired elsewhere if he decides to keep coaching, and I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

That being said, it's time to move on and let the players hear a new voice. A new coach will clean house and bring in an entire new staff which is exactly what we need right now. No excuse for a team that has this much talent being 3-6 and not making the playoffs two years in a row. Injuries are a part of the game, so I don't want to hear about the offensive line (most of us expected to have our quarterback miss half the season anyway). Looking forward to finally seeing something different out of this team next year, better or worse.

vCash
    his friendships killed him in his later years....

man we had some good coaches here the we let go

Thanks Andy....dont care what ppl say....your still a damn good coach and i hate the fact that everyone has sold out...14 years or 50 years....you kept us in it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post

Just stop.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Pretty much made this team relevant again for 10 years after terrible years under Rich Kotite and Ray Rhodes. Its funny that Buddy Ryan is so beloved and his win loss record is well below anything Reid has done.

For me I am sad this team can't come together and actually play like they should, Reid hasn't forgotten how to coach and some other team will hire him if he wants a fresh start. Its not a mistake to let him go it is time for a change, but it is a mistake for fans to take a cheap shot at him for a decade of relevance that he brought to this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post

Same thing could be said about Jeff Fisher, and boy howdy it seems as though the Tennessee Titans owner was missing him earlier this season.

Reid's probably the best coach to have been at this franchise since the invention of the Super Bowl, and yet people are calling him "Reidtard". If that doesn't tell you something is wrong here, than I don't know what to say.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 11-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    I don't get why would you still want Reid coaching this team when he has clearly lost the locker room.

Dont blame it on Roseman everybody knew that when Banner left and Roseman was in that he was gonna do eveything Andy wanted, and now this mess is all on Andy.

If the players lack discipline who is to blame? - The Coach.

If we have had crappy draft for a long long time, who is to blame? - The coach in our case.

If the playcalling is god awful who is to blame - the coach too because he has let Marty stay with the team for far too long.

Relevance means nothign without a championship is just mediocrity.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Paprico52: You are a classless piece of *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I don't get why would you still want Reid coaching this team when he has clearly lost the locker room.

Dont blame it on Roseman everybody knew that when Banner left and Roseman was in that he was gonna do eveything Andy wanted, and now this mess is all on Andy.

If the players lack discipline who is to blame? - The Coach.

If we have had crappy draft for a long long time, who is to blame? - The coach in our case.

If the playcalling is god awful who is to blame - the coach too because he has let Marty stay with the team for far too long.

Relevance means nothign without a championship is just mediocrity.
    Where is the lack of discipline coming from? When did we become undisciplined? Lack of players executing, yes? Undisciplined, no.

Crappy drafts? So a few guys don't pan out, but now we have had crappy drafts? This is crap. Yes we swung on missed on a few guys, but we have also landed the core of our team through drafting that has panned out fairly well.

We need a new offensive coordinator, Reid has let Marty do the job *remember when we all got mad about Reid having too much control in it), now everyone wants to blame Reid because Marty is failing. It's so hypocritical.

Reid is a damn good coach. Does he have his flaws, yes he does, one of them is putting too much trust into others to do their jobs better. A knock that the fans forced him in to by whining all of the time that he had too much control. the same thing has happened with Roseman. They take some of that control from Reid, and look what has happened.

Let Reid go back to being Reid and see what happens. His record and tenure isn't a fluke.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Andy Reid = Mike Brown

overworks, too stubborn, lost respect of players.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    Andy Reid = Mike Brown

overworks, too stubborn, lost respect of players.
    I just love connections that don't make any damn sense. Mike Brown was in LA for what...1+ season? Reid has been here for 14. Stop making connections to coaches who have little to nothing in common.

vCash
    I like Andy Reid as a coach, but he tried to do too many things here. He wanted to be the FO, General Manager, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Draft Scout. I think he spread himself too thin. Now he's in the position where he can only blame himself for not getting better quality assistants to delegate to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    I like Andy Reid as a coach, but he tried to do too many things here. He wanted to be the FO, General Manager, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Draft Scout. I think he spread himself too thin. Now he's in the position where he can only blame himself for not getting better quality assistants to delegate to.
    He had been replaced in a lot of those roles two years ago by Howie Roseman. Coincidentally, the major downfall of the Eagles coincided with this....two years ago.

Hard not to draw a small conclusion here.

vCash
    He had been replaced in a lot of those roles two years ago by Howie Roseman. Coincidentally, the major downfall of the Eagles coincided with this....two years ago.

I just finished posting something very similar to this.

Fans at times have very short memories. Remember when Reid had "too much control"? Everyone *****ed, but it was some of our most successful seasons.

Now, with most of that control relinquished, we have had 2 years of mediocrity. Most of it in player development/scouting/playcalling.

To be blind to this is funny.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash

There were a lot of weird things that happened around that time, though.

1. Castillo promoted from o-line coach to DC
    2. Mudd and Washburn brought in with their unconventional styles even though we didn't really have the personnel
    3. Vick's second season as starter - there was tape for other teams to game plan on now
    4. The worst draft I've seen as an Eagles' fan. (Watkins, Jarett, Matthews)

It sure seems like Reid's fingerprints were all over those. I really do like him, but he just took too much responsibility on himself and suffered for it.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast