Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I also think he knows Tebow isn't the answer. The more I see and read, the more I think Tebow was nothing more than Woody's wish to sell PSL's and Jerseys; and, to make headlines!
    Plenty of us knew this right when the trade happened. Heck the reason I got on the great and powerful John X Doe's ban list was because the day of the trade I got into an argument with him about how the trade was for show and had nothing to do with football and everything to do with trying to sell tickets.

This team is a ****ing joke and it all starts with the piece of **** QB we have running this team into the ground.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Yeah, they proved they're just as susceptible, as all other teams are, to defensive overexposure.

Do you deny that the defense kept the game close enough for the offense to keep it competitive?

I don't see how you can put the fault of this game on the defensive effort, when the offense gave you nothing at all.

Nothing.
    Much like a win, this loss was a solid team effort. Defense couldn't stop the run (no surprise), Sanchez can't: read blitz packages, hold on to the ball, or throw the ball, and Jeremy kerley's muffed punt led to 7 for the other team. Good job guys! You found your identity as a team!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    Much like a win, this loss was a solid team effort. Defense couldn't stop the run (no surprise), Sanchez can't: read blitz packages, hold on to the ball, or throw the ball, and Jeremy kerley's muffed punt led to 7 for the other team. Good job guys! You found your identity as a team!
    The defense stopped the run just fine, until they were FORCED to continually get back on the field after the offense couldn't produce anything of note.

To further illustrate the point you can't seem to grasp, the Jets would have been shut out again if not for the defense scoring the Jets only TD.

If you ever played defense you'd understand why a defense would wear out from a lack of offense.

This loss was FAR from a total team effort, the defense did enough to keep the Jets competitive, but a poor offensive effort for the Jets did them in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    The defense stopped the run just fine, until they were FORCED to continually get back on the field after the offense couldn't produce anything of note.

To further illustrate the point you can't seem to grasp, the Jets would have been shut out again if not for the defense scoring the Jets only TD.

If you ever played defense you'd understand why a defense would wear out from a lack of offense.

This loss was FAR from a total team effort, the defense did enough to keep the Jets competitive, but a poor offensive effort for the Jets did them in.
    I grasp your point just fine, i just don't agree with it. 28 points is 28 points. Who cares if it could have been worse? A loss is a loss

The offense was atrocious, but the offense is not the only facet of the Jets team. As far as being worn out is concerned-- if the Jets stop the seahawks in a three and out, they get to rest again. It doesn't matter if the offense put them in a bad situation, they need to step up and do what the offense couldn't.

I may have high expectations, but it is how I feel. Having a WR throw a TD on the Jets D does not make me think they are that much better than the offense. Marshawn ran for 124 yards at 4.6 yards per carry. We didn't stop the run just fine

vCash
    I grasp your point just fine, i just don't agree with it. 28 points is 28 points. Who cares if it could have been worse? A loss is a loss

The offense was atrocious, but the offense is not the only facet of the Jets team. As far as being worn out is concerned-- if the Jets stop the seahawks in a three and out, they get to rest again.
    Which the Jets defense did several times, BUT the Jets offense CONSTANTLY went 3 and out.

It doesn't matter if the offense put them in a bad situation, they need to step up and do what the offense couldn't.
    Do what the offense couldn't?
    You mean like score points, which is what they did.

I may have high expectations, but it is how I feel. Having a WR throw a TD on the Jets D does not make me think they are that much better than the offense. Marshawn ran for 124 yards at 4.6 yards per carry. We didn't stop the run just fine
    How much of that did Lynch run for in the first half.

How much of that did he run for in the 2nd half, when it became clear the Jets were going 3 and out every series, and the defense had to stay on the field?

You either get it or you don't, the defense is NOT the reason the Jets lost yesterday.

You don't have to agree, but if you don't draw the correlation then your not seeing the whole picture.

vCash
    I never said it was THE reason, I'm saying it's A reason. Giving up 30 points a game for the last three games is not going to help us win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Here's the thing. I don't think Rex is a bad coach. I think he's a very good coach with one incredible weakness: stubbornness. He refuses to believe that he could have been wrong about Sanchez no matter how obvious it is to the rest of us. My issue is that if he's too blind to make a change when it's so clearly necessary then maybe he shouldn't be a head coach. Bringing in Tebow won't make us a playoff team this year, but honestly you could put Tom Brady on this team right now and we wouldn't be. This year is over. O-V-E-R OVER. We need to see what we have with Tebow because there's a chance he's the QB of the future, there isn't such a chance with Sanchez.
    Def Coordinator

HC needs to pay attention, get talent on OFF and handle media better and not make decisions on "being a player's coach"

He's narrow minded and stubborn.....needs to stick to DEF

Go get Cowher or Chucky!!

vCash
    I don't get how you guys can say that Rex is a bad coach. Maybe we're watching different games, but when the Jets are losing they're not making mental/coachable errors. They are making talent/execution errors. A coach can yell at you until they are blue in the face, but there are some things you just can't coach. If any coach has looked bad its the Offensive Coordinator, the plays have looked repetitive and seem to follow no real strategy, but that could just be from the crappy players we have.

This isn't like when we had Herm Edwards and suffered from horrible clock management and game preperation

Or when we had Al Groh, or Mangini, and players flat out dis liked their coach, were over worked and our strategy was mostly to survive.

The defense is usually in the right position to make plays, and the players have been more or less unified in the locker room (I say that from lack of head lines speaking to the opposite)

vCash
    I think a lot of you, from what i've read, are missing the obvious.

First, REX RYAN is NOT A GOOD HC. He is defensive minded, him and Tanny decided they would build the team under Rex's philosophy of defense. They spent all the money and draft picks that matter on the Defense. They did this to make an elite defense and win like we did successfully the first two seasons. However, they completely neglected the offense. Now that the defense is middle of the pack, the whole team is atrocious because that NEEDED TO BE ELITE FOR US TO BE COMPETITIVE. Rex got Sparano, why? Because he is defensive minded. It is the whole philosophy of Rex Ryan of why we are in this place. You cannot neglect one side of the ball and expect to have a good team or place any blame on it when it fails. We have not provided the offense with the personnel or coaching competent enough to lead the team. How many OL, WR's, RB's have we provided the offense in top 2 or 3 rounds? Even when we did "try" and help the offense the moves were disastrous. Which brings me to point two.

Second, because the personnel, including coaching staff is awful, the blame has to go to tannenbaum as well as Rex. We need to fire every coach and front office person that has contributed to this roster. You guys can defend Greene, Wilson, Sanchez, Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Keller but non of those picks were good for where they were drafted.

As for the QB situation, if Drew Stanton had stayed he would be starting, what an idiot. Tebow cannot work because our OL isn't good at run blocking/scheming and that's what he does. Mcileroy throws the ball softer than Sanchez, so he has never been considered more than a clipboard holder. At the very least, Sanchez helps us loss this year and that moves us up the draft board, so that the new personnel making the decisions can come up with the appropriate decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-S-7 View Post
    I think a lot of you, from what i've read, are missing the obvious.

First, REX RYAN is NOT A GOOD HC.
    He is defensive minded, him and Tanny decided they would build the team under Rex's philosophy of defense. They spent all the money and draft picks that matter on the Defense. They did this to make an elite defense and win like we did successfully the first two seasons. However, they completely neglected the offense. Now that the defense is middle of the pack, the whole team is atrocious because that NEEDED TO BE ELITE FOR US TO BE COMPETITIVE. Rex got Sparano, why? Because he is defensive minded. It is the whole philosophy of Rex Ryan of why we are in this place. You cannot neglect one side of the ball and expect to have a good team or place any blame on it when it fails. We have not provided the offense with the personnel or coaching competent enough to lead the team. How many OL, WR's, RB's have we provided the offense in top 2 or 3 rounds? Even when we did "try" and help the offense the moves were disastrous. Which brings me to point two.

Second, because the personnel, including coaching staff is awful, the blame has to go to tannenbaum as well as Rex. We need to fire every coach and front office person that has contributed to this roster. You guys can defend Greene, Wilson, Sanchez, Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Keller but non of those picks were good for where they were drafted.

As for the QB situation, if Drew Stanton had stayed he would be starting, what an idiot. Tebow cannot work because our OL isn't good at run blocking/scheming and that's what he does. Mcileroy throws the ball softer than Sanchez, so he has never been considered more than a clipboard holder. At the very least, Sanchez helps us loss this year and that moves us up the draft board, so that the new personnel making the decisions can come up with the appropriate decisions.

I know about 5-10 posters in here saying the same thing read around and you will see... CCUgrad Cough Cough

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Whoever had the bright idea of hiring Sparano should be fired asap and can we get a new qb coach

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Whoever had the bright idea of hiring Sparano should be fired asap and can we get a new qb coach
    Word is that Tranny hired him over Bill Callahan because he gave a great interview.

I remember the last time a team hired a coach based on a great interview. His name was Art Howe, and the Mets lived to regret that decision too.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Word is that Tranny hired him over Bill Callahan because he gave a great interview.

I remember the last time a team hired a coach based on a great interview. His name was Art Howe, and the Mets lived to regret that decision too.
    Agreed

vCash
    The Jets already made it for me
    Spoken like a true 12 year old.

vCash
    Apparently (according to Incarcerated Bob lol), Rex wants out after the season.

#chipkelly2jets
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast