Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Isiah Thomas vs Dwyane Wade - Higher on the all time list?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isiah Thomas

39 54.17%
  • Dwyane Wade

33 45.83%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongWayFromHome View Post
    Not Dirk or Hakeem
    True. But those are exceptions to the rule and not the norm, just like the 2004 Pistons are the exception to the "You have to have a superstar to win a title" rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    True. But those are exceptions to the rule and not the norm, just like the 2004 Pistons are the exception to the "You have to have a superstar to win a title" rule.
    Agreed. I just always like to point out how awesome Dirk was

Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

vCash
    Agreed. I just always like to point out how awesome Dirk was
    I feel you man. I do the same for Hakeem.

vCash
    Wade.

vCash
    Not Dirk or Hakeem
    If that is the case then not MJ either as he was the only allstar twice on his team.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Thomas so far...

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Wade, Thomas wasn't no where close to the level of peak/prime Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Wow

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    If that is the case then not MJ either as he was the only allstar twice on his team.
    Pretty sure Pippen was always an All-Star level player when MJ won his titles irregardless if he made the popularity game or not.

vCash
    Never have I been so happy to have my player to be losing a vote.

vCash
    lol the poll is full of fail, must of been a bunch of knicks/laker fans voting. to bad its not public.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Yes, but always had a HOFer not past their prime. To be fair;-)

vCash
    I was close on this, but have trouble with All-Time ranks when a player is still got so much left to define. Wade will pass Isiah in a season or two, but this is not "who had a better peak", so picking either guy is not horrible.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Looking back at Thomas's stats, it seems clear that Wade is better, statistically. But watching Thomas play is an entirely different thing. Neither was much to write home about when it came to shooting threes, Wade has posted high scoring averages, but Thomas was a pass-first PG who looked to set up his teammates. I mean, the dude posted almost 14 assists a game one season! That is at least 28 points he's generating to go along with the 21 points he was dropping in the bucket himself, meaning he was involved with about 50 points per game that season. Wade, in the season that he lead the league in points, posted 30 a game with 7.5 assists, equalling about 45 points of his team's offense. When you consider how Thomas facilitated, their offensive games are put into perspective a little better. Thomas also played in an era that had hand-checking. If Wade had to deal with hand-checking I suspect his FG% would take a bit of a hit.

Defensivley, they are both great. I mean, the Pistons were known for their defense, and Thomas was the leader of that team. And Thomos had to deal with more challenging assignments. I mean, he was 6'1 and he had to defend Magic who was 6'9. Obviously Wade's height gives him advantages that Thomas didn't have, but Thomas was a solid defender. And considering their size, Wade doesn't have much of an edge in rebounding. The biggest difference between the two players is the FG%, and as I said, Thomas had to deal with hand-checking, Wade did not.

I must announce my personal bias as well. I'm from the Detroit area and it was Thomas's Bad Boys Pistons that got me hooked on basketball (though I was more of a Laimbeer fan than Thomas), so that may influence my opinion a little, but I have to go with Thomas on this one.

If I was asked which one I would want today, if they were in the draft together and they were the two best talents, I would choose Wade, because I expect Wade will have a much longer career. Thomas retired at 32. Wade is 31 (though if Wade continues to pile up 8-point performances like last night be might be retiring soon as well), and I expect him to play at an All-Star level until at least 35.

But if I was given one of the two players in their prime to lead my team, I would choose Thomas.

Thomas has muddied his playing career with his coaching and front office work though. I think that will influence how people view his career in the long run and 10 years from now, or 15, people will likely not appreciate what he brought to the game.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 11-12-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    Yes, but always had a HOFer not past their prime. To be fair;-)
    Not really. 1998 Pippen and rodman were past there prime and were injured as well. 1991 Pippen wasn't a hall of famer by any means either.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast