Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Granger vs. George

This past season Paul George got a huge opportunity as a result of the injury incurred by Danny Granger. What many thought would spell despair for the Pacers turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Paul George has flourished and now, at 22 years of age, he is playing at a level higher than Granger saw until he was 25 years old. At 22 years, Granger was posting a paltry 7.5 points per game with a respectable 5 boards per game (or close to it). George though has proved to be a better rebounder than Granger ever was, and a better play maker. Both players have All-Star appearances under their belts, but now there is going to be a question for the Pacers headed into the offseason.

What are they going to do with their All-Star small forwards? Both guys deserve starting minutes, but how will Vogel handle this? How will the front office handle this? Is the answer as simple as moving Granger or George to SG while the other plays SF? Can their games adjust to that? And how will that move impact the development of Lance Stephenson who seems to be developing a great game all his own.

So should Indy focus on the young guys (George and Stephenson), and look to move Granger? What could Indy hope to get for Granger? Or should Indy keep this core intact and hope Vogel can come up with a rotation that allows all these guys to play? And who is better? Granger or George? Or is that even a question worth asking?

What are your thoughts?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Granger is the better scrorer of the two if he comes back to where he was before getting injured. But PG is the better rebounder, passer, and really all around player plus he's cheaper and is only a restricted in 2014 while Granger is a free agent.

If I was Indy I'd keep both play PG at SG next year and take advantage of his size. Make a serious run at Miami because Miami isn't used to facing a 6'9 SG and SF who can score. We'll have to see what Indiana is more interested if they would rather try to find a younger SG who they can control for more years or go for a win right now mind sight and keep DG for his last year.

Another option is instead of going after a SG they can trade Granger for a PF with West being a FA. Save some money getting rid of Granger and sign a SG like JJ Reddick to come off he bench and light it up.
    Last edited by Rndy; 05-25-2013 at 08:20 PM.

vCash

Granger vs. George

George plays sg, granger play sf, Stevenson bench.

Or move granger for a pf with wests departure

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Trade Granger for Wes Matthews and JJ Hickson. Indiana gets a young SG who can consistently stretch the floor and a young athletic PF with a midrange game to replace Dwest.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Trade Granger for Wes Matthews and JJ Hickson. Indiana gets a young SG who can consistently stretch the floor and a young athletic PF with a midrange game to replace Dwest.
    And why would Portland do that? Granger has missed am entire season and there's no way of knowing if he'll be as effective as he used to be. He's worth either Wes or Hickson. Not both.

vCash
    Hickson seems like a guy who wants to get paid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    And why would Portland do that? Granger has missed am entire season and there's no way of knowing if he'll be as effective as he used to be. He's worth either Wes or Hickson. Not both.
    Hickson's gonna leave anyways, and Wes isn't better than what would be a healthy Granger. From Indiana's side of things, the get rid of Grangers contract while gain their SG and PF of the future, while the Blazers get a veteran presence at SF to pair with Lillard, Batum (who can play either wing position), and LMA.

Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Hickson's gonna leave anyways, and Wes isn't better than what would be a healthy Granger. From Indiana's side of things, the get rid of Grangers contract while gain their SG and PF of the future, while the Blazers get a veteran presence at SF to pair with Lillard, Batum (who can play either wing position), and LMA.
    I would imagine Hickson and a 2nd round or protected first would be more likely. Just me though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    I would imagine Hickson and a 2nd round or protected first would be more likely. Just me though.
    The less we give up the better. Just trying to sweeten to pot by throwing Wes in there.

Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Meh, can't see the Pacers giving up Granger.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Granger to the Bulls
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Granger to the Bulls
    For what? The Bulls have nothing to offer the Pacers, but overpriced veterans to match salary. The only thing that intrigues me about the Bulls is Taj Gibson and Marquis Teague, neither will be traded, so what's the point of discussing this further?