Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Just throwing this out there... (Edit: oops, didn't notice y'all mention it before posting)

If the Saints win out (difficult but doable) and go 11-5, there is NO WAY they don't make the playoffs. They control their own destiny.
    when Brady went down, the pats missed at 11-5. its happened before lol

vCash
    I think the NFC is far too weak for an 11-5 team to miss.

Best defenders are in the stands!

vCash
    Games that matter for us today:

Green Bay Packers (6-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-5) - 1 PM

If Green Bay wins, which they should, Detroits seasons all but over, and Green Bay jumps to 7-3.

Arizona Cardinals (4-5) @ Atlanta Falcons (8-1) - 1 PM

I know, Atlanta should win easily. But technically, Arizona is still 4-5, the same record as us so them losing would just assure us.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-4) @ Carolina Panthers (2-7) - 1 PM

Carolina has the potential to cause an upset here at home. This game is self explanatory.

Cleveland Browns (2-7) @ Dallas Cowboys (4-5) - 1 PM

The Boys are 4-5, the same record as us and much like our game, this should be an easy win for Jerry Jones and "America's Team "

*NOTE*:

Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants are both on bye weeks.

vCash
    Watch out for the Browns in the game against Dallas. I think they could pull the upset. They're better than their record suggests. Carolina could upset TB, too.

vCash
    The Cards and Lions are now both 4-6 and out of things I'd say. The Cowboys are 5-5 so I've added them at the #10 and their schedule. I've updated the rest, we're the only team left here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Games that matter for us today:

Green Bay Packers (6-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-5) - 1 PM

If Green Bay wins, which they should, Detroits seasons all but over, and Green Bay jumps to 7-3.

Arizona Cardinals (4-5) @ Atlanta Falcons (8-1) - 1 PM

I know, Atlanta should win easily. But technically, Arizona is still 4-5, the same record as us so them losing would just assure us.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-4) @ Carolina Panthers (2-7) - 1 PM

Carolina has the potential to cause an upset here at home. This game is self explanatory.

Cleveland Browns (2-7) @ Dallas Cowboys (4-5) - 1 PM

The Boys are 4-5, the same record as us and much like our game, this should be an easy win for Jerry Jones and "America's Team "

*NOTE*:

Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants are both on bye weeks.
    all of these games were close and/or went to overtime. unfortunately, none of them went our way. Just one of those weeks, I guess. Matt Ryan threw 5 interceptions and the Falcons STILL won...

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    FWIW, Seattle is ahead of Minnesota in the rankings.

vCash
    Edited.

Here are my thoughts:

The New Orleans Saints are not winning this division. Atlanta is not going to lose 4 more games, I think that's fair to say. So.... in the NFC, seeding from #1-4 is gone.

We are going to have to get one of the #5, or #6 wild card spots.
    I believe the #5 wild card spot will go to one of the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers.

Currently, Chicago is holding the #2 seed from their division lead at 7-2, and Green Bay is holding the first wild card spot at #5 seed at 7-3. As the season goes on, the Bears and Packers should inter change between who gets the division at #2-3, and who gets the WC spot at #5.

That leaves us with the #6 seed. We have 5 teams vying for this one last playoff spot.

Seattle (6-4)
    Tampa Bay (6-4)
    Minnesota (6-4)
    New Orleans (5-5)
    Dallas (5-5)

Everyone behind these 5 teams are 4-6 or worse. Our fate is in our reality.

vCash
    I was really really hoping TB would lose. Good thing we beat them once already this race mmay come down to the wire.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Okay guys, so we're creeping up the standings. We're going to have to keep an eye on how other teams do. Here's a place to keep everything organized.

National Football Conference (NFC):

6) Seattle Seahawks: 6-4

@ Miami , @ Chicago, vs Arizona, @ Buffalo, vs SF, vs STL

7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 6-4

vs Atlanta, @ Denver, vs Philadelphia, @ NO, vs STL, @ Atlanta

8) Minnesota Vikings: 6-4

@ Chicago, @ GB, vs Chicago , @ STL, @ Houston, vs GB

9) New Orleans Saints: 5-5

vs SF, @ Atlanta, @ NYG, vs TB, @ Dallas, vs Carolina

10) Dallas Cowboys: 5-5

vs Washington, vs Philadelphia, @ Cincinnati, vs Steelers, vs New Orleans, @ Redskins
    Great work, TO. I'll try to build upon and see how these teams will finish. Bold for likely wins. Italics for likely losses.

Seattle:

I have them at 9-6 with the Arizona game being one that I'm unsure of. Feel that way about St. Louis, too, but given how they played. 9-7 or 10-6.

Tampa:

I have them going 9-7, but the Saints will hold the tiebreaker.

Minnesota:

I have them getting 7 or 8 wins. I think they can win one against Chicago or GB, but not split with both. They're out.

New Orleans:

I think SF will be beaten up, and the Saints should win. Won't assume a win, though. Atlanta has to prove they can beat us, so I'm calling it a win. Basically having a bye week before the Giants makes me like our chances. Think we beat Tampa at home. I think we should take care of Dallas and Carolina. I think we are losing one in the SF/ATL/NYG. That has the Saints going 10-6 or 11-5. Should have better a conference record over Seattle.

Dallas:
    vs Washington, vs Philadelphia, @ Cincinnati, vs Steelers, vs New Orleans, @ Redskins

They should only make it to 7 or 8 wins, at best.

vCash
    Edited.

Here are my thoughts:

The New Orleans Saints are not winning this division. Atlanta is not going to lose 4 more games, I think that's fair to say. So.... in the NFC, seeding from #1-4 is gone.

We are going to have to get one of the #5, or #6 wild card spots.
    I believe the #5 wild card spot will go to one of the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers.

Currently, Chicago is holding the #2 seed from their division lead at 7-2, and Green Bay is holding the first wild card spot at #5 seed at 7-3. As the season goes on, the Bears and Packers should inter change between who gets the division at #2-3, and who gets the WC spot at #5.

That leaves us with the #6 seed. We have 5 teams vying for this one last playoff spot.

Seattle (6-4)
    Tampa Bay (6-4)
    Minnesota (6-4)
    New Orleans (5-5)
    Dallas (5-5)

Everyone behind these 5 teams are 4-6 or worse. Our fate is in our reality.
    Minnesota and Tampa will fade, the game between us and Dallas will decide that race, and we need Seattle to start losing
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Great work, TO. I'll try to build upon and see how these teams will finish. Bold for likely wins. Italics for likely losses.

Seattle:

I have them at 9-6 with the Arizona game being one that I'm unsure of. Feel that way about St. Louis, too, but given how they played. 9-7 or 10-6.

Tampa:

I have them going 9-7, but the Saints will hold the tiebreaker.

Minnesota:

I have them getting 7 or 8 wins. I think they can win one against Chicago or GB, but not split with both. They're out.

New Orleans:

I think SF will be beaten up, and the Saints should win. Won't assume a win, though. Atlanta has to prove they can beat us, so I'm calling it a win. Basically having a bye week before the Giants makes me like our chances. Think we beat Tampa at home. I think we should take care of Dallas and Carolina. I think we are losing one in the SF/ATL/NYG. That has the Saints going 10-6 or 11-5. Should have better a conference record over Seattle.

Dallas:

They should only make it to 7 or 8 wins, at best.
    This is VERY optimistic... Sorry but not even I think the Saints will go undefeated the rest of the way out, hopefully I'm wrong though
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    I think the only game the Saints will lose is to the Falcons on the road.

vCash
    Is it fair to say that New Orleans needs to win 2 of the 3: vs SF, @ Atl, @NYG? I think we can take care of San Fran, playing in New York will be tough because of the weather too..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    This is VERY optimistic... Sorry but not even I think the Saints will go undefeated the rest of the way out, hopefully I'm wrong though
    I didn't say they'd go undefeated. I definitely think they should lose one in the next 3.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast