Major changes better be made after this season. I just got through talking to some of my friends that were at the game and they said the general consensus among Titans fans (the ones that showed up) was that if they didn't make a good deal of changes then they were gonna opt against re-ordering their season tickets.
Where to start....
(1) Mike Munchak. Bye. You have no business as an NFL head coach. The coaching staff that you put together sucks. This team is so bland and predictable that other teams know exactly what to expect. And yet this team also is horrible at even the most basic fundamentals. This team can't tackle to save their lives. The problems they had today were the same problems that they had going all the way back to the preseason... And as the Bears are racking up points like it were playing a video game you see Munchak on the sidelines looking like a lifeless gargoyle.
(2) Jerry Gray. This is one of the worst NFL defenses I have ever seen in my life. Not just in Titans/Oilers history but in NFL history.... And the stats reflect that as they are well on pace to set the record for points allowed in a season. They are currently allowing 34 points per game. This defense does NOTHING right.
(3) Chris Palmer. I see high school offenses every Friday night that are more complex than this prehistoric vanilla offense. And this is a team that has Chris Johnson, Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, Nate Washington and Jared Cook.... They should be one of the most explosive in the league.
(4) Chris Johnson. Congrats on the 80-yard run against the Bears backups when the Titans were already losing by 30.... Partly because of your two fumbles that pretty much gave them 14 points. Aside from that you done nothing. Learn how to catch a freaking pass. You are making $10 million a year I don't think that its too much to ask for you to catch a 4-yard screen pass. Also one the sideline pass where he got bumped by Brian Urlacher he quit running while the ball was in the air.
(5) Kenny Britt. I'm done with this loser. His attitude makes me wanna throw something.... He was laughing walking off the field after that fumble and one of the coaches approached him talking and he ignored them and walked right by them to the bench.
(6) Michael Griffin. Can you believe we used the franchise tag on this guy to make him a top 5 paid safety? Penalties. Missed tackles. Blown assignments. What about that run where Forte dragged Michael Griffin nearly 30 yards down the field after a miserable attempt at an arm tackle. Then you had the play in the end zone where Brandon Marshall got the touchdown and McCourty was screaming at and pushing Michael Griffin who seemingly was supposed to have that deep coverage. He had 1 tackle today....
(7) Jason McCourty. We gave this guy a long-term deal worth $45 million? Brandon Marshall is a legit wide receiver but come'on.... They threw 10 passes his direction and he caught 9 for 122 and 3 touchdowns. McCourty was beat on nearly every play.
(8) Wimbley and Morgan. Unless they are rushing the passer on a 5 or 7 step drop they are useless. Both guys were getting blocked completely out of the play on every run play and were getting put on the ground on those outside runs.
The Titans need to get better at every position on defense. They need a new coaching staff. They need a running back to go with Chris Johnson that can come in and do some hard running. They need help on the interior offensive line.