Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Titans 37, Dolphins 3

Unfortunately I was unable to watch the game, but I was following it on my phone and very pleased with the results. Locker's numbers were not impressive, but he did throw two scores and had no turnovers. And both CJ and the defense clearly seemed to have one of their best games of the season.

So, to those who actually watched it, were you shocked with how well the defense played? What did you think of Locker's performance? And was CJ more consistent than in previous weeks or were most of his yards on a few big gains, per usual?

Also, where does everyone see this team at now after this victory? Will Bud Adams still look to make significant changes after this season, or if they can pull it together and hover around .500, will he give Munchak and this coaching staff another chance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Unfortunately I was unable to watch the game, but I was following it on my phone and very pleased with the results. Locker's numbers were not impressive, but he did throw two scores and had no turnovers. And both CJ and the defense clearly seemed to have one of their best games of the season.

So, to those who actually watched it, were you shocked with how well the defense played? What did you think of Locker's performance? And was CJ more consistent than in previous weeks or were most of his yards on a few big gains, per usual?

Also, where does everyone see this team at now after this victory? Will Bud Adams still look to make significant changes after this season, or if they can pull it together and hover around .500, will he give Munchak and this coaching staff another chance?
    (1) I wouldn't have believed I was watching the Titans defense. They certainly played like somebody lit a fire under their ***. When guys got knocked to the ground they were scrambling as soon as they hit the ground. When tipped balls where in the air guys were diving trying to come up with the ball. Actually wrapping on tackles. Deflecting passes. Even the passes that were completed they were contested. They made the Dolphins fight for every yard today.

(2) Chris Johnson had runs of 6, 21, -2, 6, 2, 17, 1, 2, 3, 1, -3, 8, 1, 5, 4, 4, 5, 4, 13, 0, 2, 18 and 2. So nearly 2/3 of his runs were for at least 3 yards. That works especially when he is ripping off runs of 21, 17, 13 and 18 every so many carries. So he had 4 runs for about 60 yards and the other 19 carries for about 60 yards. Which is much better than him having 1 run for 60-80 yards and 19 runs for 30-40 yards.

(3) Jake Locker's numbers didn't look all that great but he made a difference. What he done on the ground made up for some of his passing numbers. There was a busted play where he fell in the backfield and then got up and scrambled for 20 yards.

vCash
    Great win but it still does not erase the memory of last weeks debacle. Jake Locker made a huge difference on offense with his scrambling. He got first downs on three or four plays that Hassleback would have been killed on. Chris Johnson ran with purpose and hit the holes quickly which was nice to see against a quality run defense. First hundred yard rusher in 20 games against that defense. Seems like Deuce being on the oline made a big difference as well. The defense was what I was most surprised with. They hit hard, wrapped up instead of arm tackled, and seemed to get more pressure overall on the QB. I'm still not sold on this staff and I hope we get rid of them all but it was definitely a step in the right direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Just want to touch on this. As of now, I still say look to make significant changes. I'm not 100% sold on a turnaround. I mean, I was excited after the win over the Steelers, then things went right back to where they were. If they continue to play at this level, or even close to it, for the rest of the season then I'd be for one more chance. If it's one great game (like this one) followed by one (or more) horrible game...then, yes, changes need to be made.

vCash
    This team just doesn't make any sense.

vCash
    They were talking about this today on the radio and said that it may have saved Mike Munchak his job. But Jerry Gray and Chris Palmer are still on a hot seat if they can't keep this team playing at a reasonable level. Because they shown on Sunday they are capable of it....

vCash
    Its like this team is coached by John Wayne Gacy or something... one week they get the worst beating of the season, the next they dish out one. Pack of bi-polar football players