Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    The Wilpons are broke on baseball acumen. Especially Junior "golden spoon" Wilpon who couldn't find his own back end with a flashlight and a map.

vCash

Yes He Does

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Cecchini does not "suck" after a few months of pro-ball.
    And I'll make you a bet that he sucks more next year when he moves up a level.

vCash

We Will See MetsWon 69

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    We've had the Courtney Hawkins argument before, you don't draft for needs 1 or 2 years down the road. Cecchini's pick was made because finding .750 OPS SS who plays good defense are incredibly more difficult to find that .800-850 OPS OF which come a dime a dozen in FA and in the trade market.

As for development all these guys are 18 years old and Cecchini was the most polished of the 3.

Could it be a bad pick? Of course it could but predicting that is way too premature when these kids are so early in their development.

[B]Your predicting him .750 OPS and play good defense. We have a good SS in Rueben Tejada who is very young and will only improve. What we don't have throughout the WHOLE organization is a corner outfielder who smashes the ball and hit for average. Like I said MetsWon69 we will see and it will be interesting. They project Seager to play 3rd base btw as he moves up, not SS.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bos...-corey-seager/

The Mets have a 3rd baseman obviously and 3rd base prospects as well (Rodriguez, Flores, etc)

I don't think Wright will stay with the Mets. First if I were him I wouldn't sign. They are not committed to winning or putting pieces around him to help. Second they don't have the money if they are not signing any even mediocre free agent how are they gonna find money for one of their own who would want at least 140 million over 7 years. Third I trust nothing that comes out of Alderson mouth...zero. Flores is just about at the 6 year mark in his development and he is just making it to double A. He might play 3rd but it won't be for the Mets. Rodriguez same thing hitting his 5th year and only at Single A. They will keep Wright dangling this year and by July trade deadline dump him for more prospects we will have to wait years to see how they develop. No way to run a team.

As for ownership, again we will see what happens in 2014. I am not a Wilpon apologist but these are the circumstances we are dealt with and there is little we can do about it.

Hopefully if they don't spend in 2014, the next commissioner has enough sense to realize they are ruining what could be a great franchise.

Till then we wait.

I'm tired of waiting. Its gets frustrating and the Wilpons certainly aren't helping. Two days ago I got my last issue of Mets Inside Pitch. The team is so bad they are not publishing anymore monthly Mets info. I have been subscribing to that magazine for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Cecchini does not "suck" after a few months of pro-ball.

That pick will suck until he develops into a quality everyday SS, and I'm proven wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    I don't think Wright will stay with the Mets. First if I were him I wouldn't sign. They are not committed to winning or putting pieces around him to help. Second they don't have the money if they are not signing any even mediocre free agent how are they gonna find money for one of their own who would want at least 140 million over 7 years. Third I trust nothing that comes out of Alderson mouth...zero.

I'm tired of waiting. Its gets frustrating and the Wilpons certainly aren't helping. Two days ago I got my last issue of Mets Inside Pitch. The team is so bad they are not publishing anymore monthly Mets info. I have been subscribing to that magazine for a long time. Flores is just about at the 6 year mark in his development and he is just making it to double A. He might play 3rd but it won't be for the Mets. Rodriguez same thing hitting his 5th year and only at Single A. They will keep Wright dangling this year and by July trade deadline dump him for more prospects we will have to wait years to see how they develop. No way to run a team.
    Aderlin Rodriguez has significant power and the kid is only 20 years old. He should be in AA sometime next year (if not starting the season there).

That's the regular rate of development for 16 year old international signees and he was a top 20 home run guy in the whole minor leagues last year.

His 22 homeruns put him in the top-20 in minor league baseball on a list mostly populated by aging AAA types, the Royals’ Wil Myers, the Rangers’ Mike Ott and the Twins’ Miguel Sano. Remember too, Rodriguez played the first half of the year in power-suppressing Historic Grayson Stadium.
    His walk rate is up and he has showed significant signs of development at the plate.

As for Flores, we know he can rake, it's just a matter of finding a position for him. If Wright is traded, it will be 3rd base. If not they will look at him to play 2nd possibly or more likely a corner OF spot.

The Mets will pay Wright, i wouldn't be concerned with that. I would be more concerned if you are a huge RA fan that he might be gone.

As for being tired of waiting, this is the Mets MO. For every 1-2 good years you get at least 5 bad ones. Patience is a virtue especially in regards to being a Met fan. (I love RA too but if the Mets have to deal him to get significant positional prospect help so be it)

Otherwise i guess we are all **** out of luck until the Wilpons do something with their money to improve the team or MLB forces them to sell.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-14-2012 at 07:03 PM.

vCash
    While I didn't like the Cecchini pick, the dude is literally just out of high school. Give it some time. Unless he tears it up, I don't see him coming up at 20 like Tejada did.

vCash

This Year Is Crucial

Aderlin Rodriguez has significant power and the kid is only 20 years old. He should be in AA sometime next year (if not starting the season there).

That's the regular rate of development for 16 year old international signees and he was a top 20 home run guy in the whole minor leagues.

His walk rate is up and he has showed significant signs of development at the plate.

As for Flores, we know he can rake, it's just a matter of finding a position for him. If Wright is traded, it will be 3rd base. If not they will look at him to play 2nd possibly or more likely a corner OF spot.

Flores has bad feet and he might have trouble finding a position at the major league level. Maybe his future is DH in the American League.

The Mets will pay Wright, i wouldn't be concerned with that. I would be more concerned if you are a huge RA fan that he might be gone.

I'm a huge Mets fan and want our best retain. I think Dickey will be traded soon which is sad because 20 game winner do not fall off trees and we certainly haven't develop one in almost 30 years. Wright they will do the same thing they did with Reyes use him all season and let him walk. If they can't sign a free agent for modest money (20-30 million) no way will they plunk 140 million on Wright especially after the owner badmouthed him last year. We will get draft choices for Wright.

As for being tired of waiting, this is the Mets MO. For every 1-2 good years you get at least 5 bad ones. Patience is a virtue especially in regards to being a Met fan. (I love RA too but if the Mets have to deal him to get significant positional prospect help so be it)

I don't think they will get anyone as good as Dickey. He also will never match the popularity of Dickey either. I just don't understand how you get better trading off or letting talent go. The most successful Mets era was the Cashen years. Bring up top rate talent and spinkle in solid productive veterans.

Otherwise i guess we are all **** out of luck until the Wilpons do something with their money to improve the team or MLB forces them to sell.
    I expect the fan base to be down this year so the Mets will have even less revenue coming in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    While I didn't like the Cecchini pick, the dude is literally just out of high school. Give it some time. Unless he tears it up, I don't see him coming up at 20 like Tejada did.
    Tejada shouldn't even have been up at 20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    I expect the fan base to be down this year so the Mets will have even less revenue coming in.
    Att. will fall again, but they're not going to spend any money anyway, from 2014 onwards they'll be able to run any payroll they want, if they need a $70M team they can have one.

Anyone who thinks they won't drop to $70M if they need to, needs their heads examining.

Don't underestimate these creeps, they will pull any stunt they have to to hold on.

vCash

That's the regular rate of development for 16 year old international signees and he was a top 20 home run guy in the whole minor leagues last year.

His 22 homeruns put him in the top-20 in minor league baseball on a list mostly populated by aging AAA types, the Royals’ Wil Myers, the Rangers’ Mike Ott and the Twins’ Miguel Sano. Remember too, Rodriguez played the first half of the year in power-suppressing Historic Grayson Stadium.
    I think he's one of the best power prospects in all the minors, but he's a little more raw than that. I think he might spend the whole season in St. Lucie.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678