Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    On these boards who think the Mets are flushed with money. I've known for years that the Mets are broke and if the commisioner wasn't stringing them along and good friends they the Wilpons would be former owners of the Mets by now. If they had any love for the team, fans, city and the game they would sell and sell soon so that we can get some owner(s) that would make this team competitive again. What they are doing now is embarrasing and not fooling anyone.
    We like preaching to the Choir.

Everyone deep down knows there is a money problem. Whether it has been years in the making, or just recently with Madoff, or just simply the Wilpons being cheap and pocketing more every year. It doesn't matter. The self imposed payroll budget is what it is. I happen to believe this team is rebuilding. They do not have a stable new core yet...and have just begun the process of building a stable rotation. It will be a few years before we see the spending we as fans believe should be a GOD given right in the NY market. Unfortunately with a rebuild, you don't start by spending. You hold back until the team is stable...then plug in FA's. Fans will get fed up with the rebuilding process because this is NY. Wanting instant gratification will do that.

It is going to take a great feat to get the Wilpon's to sell and to piggy back on what you said...we are not even close to being there yet.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 11-13-2012 at 02:10 AM.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    On these boards who think the Mets are flushed with money. I've known for years that the Mets are broke and if the commisioner wasn't stringing them along and good friends they the Wilpons would be former owners of the Mets by now. If they had any love for the team, fans, city and the game they would sell and sell soon so that we can get some owner(s) that would make this team competitive again. What they are doing now is embarrasing and not fooling anyone.
    How many years to be exact?

Because the Madoff scandal only unfolded in the late 2008 and nobody knew how significantly it had affected the Mets until 2011 (in fact they added payroll from 2010 to 2011)

So let me borrow your crystal ball when you are done with it.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/co...s/?page_id=158

Opening Day payrolls
    (Major League contracts plus pro-rated signing bonuses):
    2012: $ 94,508,822
    2011: $142,797,166
    2010: $126,498,096
    2009: $149,373,987
    The truth is the Wilpons can own and run a baseball team, just not a New York baseball team where payroll is expected to mostly exceed other major markets.

Don't buy all the tweets from the "insiders", what will come from this will come from it. If that involves the Wilpons eventually selling the team then please let it happen sooner than later (i ray: it does)

But considering no one knows the Wilpons finances independent of the team and the fact that SNY is a multi billion dollar operation they can continually borrow against and/or sell, don't be surprised if the Wilpons own the Mets for many years to come.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-13-2012 at 03:42 AM.

vCash
    On these boards who think the Mets are flushed with money. I've known for years that the Mets are broke and if the commisioner wasn't stringing them along and good friends they the Wilpons would be former owners of the Mets by now.If they had any love for the team, fans, city and the game they would sell and sell soon so that we can get some owner(s) that would make this team competitive again. What they are doing now is embarrasing and not fooling anyone.
    1. Exactly, without Bud Selig the enabler, the team would have been sold long ago.

2. I could not agree more.

3. It is embarrassing, but they are fooling some people...

vCash

As Soon Madoff Scandal Came Out

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    How many years to be exact?

Because the Madoff scandal only unfolded in the late 2008 and nobody knew how significantly it had affected the Mets until 2011 (in fact they added payroll from 2010 to 2011)

So let me borrow your crystal ball when you are done with it.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/co...s/?page_id=158

The truth is the Wilpons can own and run a baseball team, just not a New York baseball team where payroll is expected to mostly exceed other major markets.

Don't buy all the tweets from the "insiders", what will come from this will come from it. If that involves the Wilpons eventually selling the team then please let it happen sooner than later (i ray: it does)

But considering no one knows the Wilpons finances independent of the team and the fact that SNY is a multi billion dollar operation they can continually borrow against and/or sell, don't be surprised if the Wilpons own the Mets for many years to come.
    Isn't that long enough or do you want a decade more of penny pinching and washed up players signed. They bought Alderson in here to buy them some time and its not working. I sure hope you are wrong and that the Wilpons sell this team and let an owner come in here that would give it the attention and money needed to get this franchise up and moving.

vCash

Selig Has Selective Friendships

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    1. Exactly, without Bud Selig the enabler, the team would have been sold long ago.

2. I could not agree more.

3. It is embarrassing, but they are fooling some people...
    He ran the Dodgers owner out of business just wish he would have done the same to the Mets. Yeah some here have drank the kool-aid and think the franchise is just humming along and primed for some postseason action.

vCash
    Isn't that long enough or do you want a decade more of penny pinching and washed up players signed. They bought Alderson in here to buy them some time and its not working. I sure hope you are wrong and that the Wilpons sell this team and let an owner come in here that would give it the attention and money needed to get this franchise up and moving.
    It's not up to me.

Do I want them gone? Of course, but just because we disagree with how they run the team doesn't change the fact that if they can own this team they will continue to do so.

That's why eventually they are going to have to do one of two things, sell the team to an owner who can financially afford to make big market moves or start investing in this team at some point themselves.

They can't keep resting on their laurels, no one will show up next year and it will only get worse if the Mets don't improve.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-13-2012 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If they can't extend Wright, that would be a disaster. Hoping even more that they deal Dickey.
    the disaster would be not tradeing him before opening day, you have a pretty good 3b prospect, and if trading him could fill other needs then why not?

Not saying this would be the best deal, but one with the angels around Peter Bourjos, CJ Cron and maybe another top 10 prospect wouldn't be that bad.

vCash
    I'd want an MLB Top Prospect for Wright and nothing less. Either sign him, and if you can't trade him for nothing but the best, and if you can't, try even harder to sign him.

vCash
    Reyes might be going to the Blue Jays in a deal that includes Josh Johnson and Mark Buerhle lol

It's amazing the ****ing Marlins signed him for 5 years and might be dumping him after one.

What the **** was the point in that?

vCash
    Reyes might be going to the Blue Jays in a deal that includes Josh Johnson and Mark Buerhle lol

It's amazing the ****ing Marlins signed him for 5 years and might be dumping him after one.

What the **** was the point in that?
    He wanted to go some place where he was wanted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    He wanted to go some place where he was wanted.
    I wasn't commenting on Reyes, we know why he went there.

I was trying to understand the Marlin's viewpoint and how Jeffrey Loria is allowed to get away with **** like that.

Dismantling a team in one year after being given a new ballpark.

They are the biggest joke of a franchise going.

vCash
    I think it shows just how little effort the Mets put into bringing him back. He (Jose) must have seen this coming...

All they needed to do was make an offer up there with the very reasonable one he got from FLA.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 11-13-2012 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    I wasn't commenting on Reyes, we know why he went there.

I was trying to understand the Marlin's viewpoint and how Jeffrey Loria is allowed to get away with **** like that.

Dismantling a team in one year after being given a new ballpark.

They are the biggest joke of a franchise going.

Baseball is a farce, there's two teams in ONE DIVISON who are not even trying.

This would never happen in a real league like the NFL.

vCash
    I think it shows just how little effort the Mets put into bringing him back. He (Jose) must have seen this coming...
    We all know the history of Jeffrey Loria and the Marlins.

This is their MO to break teams up right away if they don't win (or even in cases when they do).

The team doesn't offer no trade clauses as standard policy.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-13-2012 at 10:32 PM.

vCash

All they needed to do was make an offer up there with the very reasonable one he got from FLA.
    Only time will tell if it was a reasonable offer, that's a lot of money for speed in a few years.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast