Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    And?
    as you stated

So by your own admission they could.

I see you're quibbling about a couple of mill, which only strengthens my point, they can't afford a baseball team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I see you're quibbling about a couple of mill, which only strengthens my point, they can't afford a baseball team.
    Whatever dude.
    It's pointless having a discussion with you, you have made up your mind and that's it.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Whatever dude.
    Exactly, you've been reduced to quibbling over a couple of million, $95M or $100M - they can't afford either.

Have they got any money to spend this Winter?

NO.

They can't afford to run the team, end of story, so any dreams about Spindy Alderson building a dynasty here just went pop.

You're right, I have made my mid up that they can't afford to run this baseball team, they can't even afford to sign anyone making more than 1-2 MILL, they're in NY and they're break even is about $75M, that's like Jerry Jones spending $75M on the Cowboys.

It's a joke.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 11-12-2012 at 10:32 AM.

vCash
    The Wilpons really need to sell this team. They really do. For any reason, just because there are too much negative publicity for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    The Wilpons really need to sell this team. They really do. For any reason, just because there are too much negative publicity for the team.
    It's time people started pressuring Selig, and we have not reached the lowest point yet either.

vCash
    This guy's coming off as a clown like that "Cano PED suspension coming" jack off-

Michael Salfino ‏@MichaelSalfino
    The reason I am apologizing is that I thought there were different standards between reporting news and tweeting and clearly there are not.

Again, I have no way to vet what I was told and no way of knowing if what I was told was true and this had NOTHING to do with the WSJ.

I learned a hard lesson today about social media today and apologize to everyone and most importantly the New York Mets.

I'm sorry that something I was told turned into this mess. I apologize to the New York Mets and to my followers.

I am not an employee of the Wall Street Journal. My twitter account has nothing to do with the Wall Street Journal.

I have no knowledge of the Mets financial situation other than hearsay.

My Tweets before were not made in any professional capacity whatsoever.

I am not an employee of the Wall Street Journal and nothing I said about the Mets has anything to do with them.

I have to make perfectly clear that I am not a reporter and not employed by the Wall Street Journal. So no views have anything to do w/them.

vCash
    LOL This guy is a boob.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    LOL This guy is a boob.
    He also used to work for them (SNY) and had this great piece a few summers ago-

http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?y...984990&vkey=18

"LeBron James will be a Knick, news conference at Madison Square Garden on Thursday.
    There is no breaking news here. For that, go to Tommy Dee's TheKnicksBlog.com, which is distinguishing itself as indispensable during this Summer of LeBron.

The only thing informing this opinion is common sense."
    Last edited by Daaaarryyl; 11-12-2012 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    Councilman: This is the chairman...
    Horton: Idiot! You're finished in this town! Is that understood? Finished! You Boob!

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    That was fun.

Its going to be a long winter.

vCash
    At this point, I think the people who believe the Wilpons are losing this team are probably the same ones who thought Romney was winning the election. Like it or not, the Wilpons are loaded. If Forbes is right about the value of SNY ($2.5B), that's a hell of a piggy bank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    At this point, I think the people who believe the Wilpons are losing this team are probably the same ones who thought Romney was winning the election. Like it or not, the Wilpons are loaded. If Forbes is right about the value of SNY ($2.5B), that's a hell of a piggy bank.
    And to think Nate Silver made his name in baseball.

SNY is the cash cow. The Mets are the extra.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    This is the scariest tweet to me-

@Pilam76 I have no idea. Maybe they just hold him and lose him like Reyes. To keep the illusion of viable ownership alive longer.
    Oh no!!!!! PLEASE TRADE HIM FOR A LEGIT PROSPECT OR TWO NOW!!!!!

We got NOTHING for Reyes and lost a great opportunity. Now we'll lose out on another opportunity by not trading Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Oh no!!!!! PLEASE TRADE HIM FOR A LEGIT PROSPECT OR TWO NOW!!!!!

We got NOTHING for Reyes and lost a great opportunity. Now we'll lose out on another opportunity by not trading Wright.

They won't keep Wright if he doesn't re-sign an extension this offseason.

I doubt highly they make the same mistake with Wright they made with Reyes.

Wright will certainly be paid more on the open market if he hits FA and i am sure the Mets realize that.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.

vCash

There Is One Huge Denier Here

Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Tell me something we dont know regarding the Wilpons, we've all known they are broke and our beloved team continues to suffer there consequences. Please just sell the team
    On these boards who think the Mets are flushed with money. I've known for years that the Mets are broke and if the commisioner wasn't stringing them along and good friends they the Wilpons would be former owners of the Mets by now. If they had any love for the team, fans, city and the game they would sell and sell soon so that we can get some owner(s) that would make this team competitive again. What they are doing now is embarrasing and not fooling anyone.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast