Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This is suspect even for a Wilpon hater like myself.

vCash
    If only it was possible to sue someone for doing a crappy(x100000) job..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Report makes no sense.

Why would they state in public that they were going to begin working on a deal for Wright immediately after the season ended if they know they can't do it?
    Without giving any credence to the report based on an anonymous source (lol, and the guy even said "trust me!"), the Wilpons could indeed make such a statement to avoid showing their real hand.

Besides, "Begin working on a deal" means nothing. "Begin working on a deal" could be something as mundane as Sandy opening up a new folder titled "Wright 2013 Deal" in his Microsoft Word document library.

"Ok, now I've officially started working on that deal! Tomorrow I'll have my secretary call David's people to get a sense of his schedule and whereabouts over the next few months."

Ho hum.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Yes, this report could be fake. But this is a Mets forum and we are here to discuss these things regardless. So, say we take it as truth. Who here is truly upset that the Wilpons will lose control of the team?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This is suspect even for a Wilpon hater like myself.
    Indeed.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    The Wilpons keep cutting spending but refuse to do what it takes to increase revenue. They need a solution soon or they will go off the fiscal cliff.

Meet The Press should devote 2 minutes to the Wilpons every Sunday.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Michael Salfino ‏@MichaelSalfino
    And you all know I don't pull that source thing like, ever. So trust me on this.
    Who the hell trusts anyone who says "trust me?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    The Wilpons keep cutting spending but refuse to do what it takes to increase revenue. They need a solution soon or they will go off the fiscal cliff.

Meet The Press should devote 2 minutes to the Wilpons every Sunday.
    The Wilpons must've studied at the Herbert Hoover School of Fiscal Management.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Yes, this report could be fake. But this is a Mets forum and we are here to discuss these things regardless. So, say we take it as truth. Who here is truly upset that the Wilpons will lose control of the team?
    At the cost of losing another franchise player, it would be bitter sweet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    At the cost of losing another franchise player, it would be bitter sweet.
    I agree it would be. But like any trade, it's not good until both sides are unhappy, right? I love David Wright as a baseball player. He's been a Met for as long as I've been a fan of the team. But we have to get better. And if moving Wright means we get better, then I'm for it.

I'm a Mets, Jets, Knicks fan. I need a title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I agree it would be. But like any trade, it's not good until both sides are unhappy, right? I love David Wright as a baseball player. He's been a Met for as long as I've been a fan of the team. But we have to get better. And if moving Wright means we get better, then I'm for it.

I'm a Mets, Jets, Knicks fan. I need a title.
    It's silly at this stage to think that baseball strategy has anything to do with moving Wright and Dickey. The Mets have no once close to Wright who can step in and play third base. And their pitching is no where near as deep as it would need to be so they can just trade off their ace.

If Wright and Dickey are moved it will be for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with baseball. Their owners for whatever reason just don't want to pay them. So they'll move them, try to get the best deal for them, replace them with APHs, and try to sell it to the fan base as a much needed rebuilding project without actually using the words "rebuilding" or "project."

It's kinda like the board game Taboo. No one can play it better than Sandy.

vCash
    Upset? It would be better than a f-ing wet dream!

vCash
    I wanted the Wilpons out before it was fashionable. Wilpon defenders used to gang tackle me on here when I'd post the truth about them and nobody would bother to help me out...

So you know I want them gone.

Still, I don't believe this. Don't get me wrong, I think they're in big trouble, but they'll keep draining money from the Mets until they're healthy again. It could be a long time.

Why do you think Mario Cuomo was brought in to mediate the dispute with Picard? The local power structure went out of its way to make sure Wilpon would weasel out of Ponzi Scheme #2. Why? Because the Willets Point development will make a ton of Federal money available for lots of well-connected people to grab.

Mets ownership has to be on board with the plan because it requires use of land under long term lease by the Mets. New ownership could be an obstacle, as the contract's already been awarded to Fred. Wilpon won't be allowed to go under because billions could be lost.

I hope this tweet is true, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by Coupon; 11-11-2012 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It's silly at this stage to think that baseball strategy has anything to do with moving Wright and Dickey. The Mets have no once close to Wright who can step in and play third base. And their pitching is no where near as deep as it would need to be so they can just trade off their ace.

If Wright and Dickey are moved it will be for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with baseball. Their owners for whatever reason just don't want to pay them. So they'll move them, try to get the best deal for them, replace them with APHs, and try to sell it to the fan base as a much needed rebuilding project without actually using the words "rebuilding" or "project."

It's kinda like the board game Taboo. No one can play it better than Sandy.
    Wait hold on. I think we have to draw the distinction between the Wilpons and the successors. Again, take for granted that this report is true.

The Wilpons' objective is to keep the Mets under their control to reap the profits. I think we can all agree on this. If Wright and Dickey are moved under the Wilpons, it will be to prolong the Wilpons' dominance of the Mets.

However, the side effect of trading Wright and Dickey may actually benefit the Mets in the long run. If we can get quality prospects for Wright and Dickey, we may be in business.

If this report is true, trading Wright and Dickey is not a solution but a treatment of symptoms for the Wilpons. It will only prolong the inevitable. If this report is true, some new owners will control the Mets, which we all know is a Godsend.

But, back to the point because, honestly, I'm a little drunk right now, is that the Mets will get valuable prospects for Wright and Dickey when we will not be competitive anway.

I'm rambling. TL;DR: we get better based on these trades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Who the hell trusts anyone who says "trust me?"
    95 percent of people who say "trust me" are lying...LOL...kinda like "its not about money"...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast