Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    I thought he had issues with his spine? *Too lazy to look it up right now*
    He does. Jarvis Jones has what is called spinal stenosis.

vCash
    any1 who doubt teo has ten times more speed, hands, and better footwork than slowlando please watch this highlight video of teo his senior year in highschool, at 3:27 it starts to show his highights playing runningback, the guy has speed, moves and hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmbcRUxTkc

just listen to the man talk, you could just tell in his voice and the way he carries himself that he will never allow himself to fail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    any1 who doubt teo has ten times more speed, hands, and better footwork than slowlando please watch this highlight video of teo his senior year in highschool, at 3:27 it starts to show his highights playing runningback, the guy has speed, moves and hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmbcRUxTkc

just listen to the man talk, you could just tell in his voice and the way he carries himself that he will never allow himself to fail
    I'm a big Manti Te'o fan. He is every thing Rolando isn't. I honestly believe that Te'o would make everyone around him better.

vCash
    I forget his name, but didn't we draft a wide receiver with a first pick from Notre Dame once? He wore number 81.........and damn! What was his name?

vCash
    Maybe we should only draft guys from Notre Dame........ding ding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    This is why I like ogletree. Georgia plays in the SEC where there is plenty of NFL talent he faces! Teo played for ND who has a pretty soft schedule. The team with the most NFL talent the Irish face is probably USC and he had 3 tackles!!! I think people get caught up in the TEO story.
    Good call. It worked with McClain. He was kicking a#$ in the SEC and he is a great NFL player. Wait....maybe not. Good is good. period.

vCash
    Who ever the number is he has to be a big impact player/game changer! To many iffy early drafty picks......

vCash
    Manti Teo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    That Fisher kid is a monster. Just thought I'd add that.

On topic, as it stands, Oakland (3-10) is in line for the #3 pick, after KC and Jacksonville.

In a perfect world, KC and Jax will be looking at QB's. If they take two Qb's off the board first and second - and assuming the Raiders hold the #3 pick, they could be on the clock with the best non-Qb's available still on the board.

Trade down, early and often. Stock pile picks, both in the 2013 and 2014 draft. I'm fine with the Raiders moving down a few times, potentially even out of the first round.
    I think that is a good idea. trade down a couple of times. I was thinking we might be able to get a few more picks from dealing DMC, Kelly, McClain and yes even Palmer. The reason behind palmer is that by the time that these young guys like Veldheer, Wiz, Burris, Adams, Houston and our new draft picks get near the prime, Palmer will be way out of his and he takes a big cap hit. We won 8 games without him and won 3 with. and he has had mcfadden.

I wouldnt mind either getting Teo, Joeckel(sp), Star or Hankins. I like all of these picks early. If not, move down and get more.

We can get great talent like this later:
    RB
    Montee Ball
    Lattimore
    Knile Davis

OT
    Fluker
    Kyle Long
    Aboushi
    Lane Johnson

OG (I like alot of OGs in this draft. And alot of good OT will convert to OG)
    Warford
    Gabe Jackson
    Alvin Bailey
    Bond Travis Bond
    Uzzi(if he puts on weight)
    Foketi(probably will be an OG in the NFL)

OLB
    Chase Thomas
    Khaseem Greene
    Barr
    McCray
    Sio Moore
    Sabino

CB
    Poyer
    Trufant
    Logan Ryan
    Hyde(most under rated CB in this draft)
    Jamar Taylor

ILB
    Skov
    Bostic
    Nico Johnson

C
    Cave

DT
    Short
    Sylvester Williams
    McCullers (377 pounds of nastiness)
    Brandon Williams
    Anthony Rashad White
    Everett Dawkins (kinda reminds me of Houston)

DE(talented list)
    Dion Jordan
    Ansah
    Jeffcoat (texas)
    Simon (OSU)
    Carradine
    Gholston
    Breslin

TE
    Stoneburner
    Fauria
    Michael Williams

WR
    Stills
    Swope
    Woods
    Tavares King

FS
    Rambo (that is his name and he is good)
    Motta
    Rashard Hall

SS
    Duke Williams
    Jordan Kovacs

FB (actual FBs who can runblock)
    Boren(the human wrecking machine. And started as MLB at the end of the season)
    Tutogi

vCash
    we're getting close to 1000 posts!
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    If the Raiders have the 3rd, and Chiefs and Jags take QBs, and if Star performs well at the combine.

I think Reggie is going to take the DT and sit,at #3.

DT's are very difficult to get.

I would prefer that they trade down, Reggie gives me the impression (thus far) that he is an ulrtaconservative. We'll see though, now that he has more to work with.

vCash
    qbs aren't going #1, #2. there isn't talent for a qb to be #1. mlbs don't go top 5, i think te'o will be 12-15. if star isn't there at #3 or #2 when we pick, we're trading down, imo.

i get the idea of stockpiling picks, but i think reggie is a bit of a wild card or question mark as head honcho. he had a great, great gm giving all the ok's in gb. reggie was awesome, but let's give credit only where credit is due: he HELPED with the draft. i like his eye for talent, very much actually, but the onus for moves, for prioritizing and all is on him. and we have a rookie hc, rookie dc, and knapp helping him. i think it might make sense to just draft best player available so we can get a draft under everyone's belts and then next year hit the ball out of the park. i might be overestimating the intricacies of the draft, but i'm not 100% sure about reggie without a great football mind next to him. let's go conservative and get as much quality talent as we can.

ok, fine, that's a long paragraph to justify my desire for star...
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 12-13-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I'd love for the Raiders to get some kind of superstar player... but it's depth and numbers the Raiders need.

I'd prefer for the Raiders to get 2-3 "good" starters - players like Houston, who might not put up great stats, but always put up a really strong effort.

The success of the Raiders is going to start with that. 11 guys on defense staying consistent, disciplined and playing as hard as they can for a full four quarters.

IMO, one "star" player isn't going to make that happen, perhaps with the exception of a MLB who is a leader - specifically T'eo.

Even in that scenario, I'd prefer multiple players who will play hard every week. That's what the Raiders need - and that's the first building blocks in getting the franchise back to where it needs to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    Manti Teo
    the more film i watch of this kid, the more i just keep falling in love with the product he puts out on the field. He plays with heart and passion on every single snap and you can just tell he's the emotion leader and captain of his respectable squad. i would love to have a high character athlete like this dude on our team, here's a video of a some of his highlights for those that are still unfamiliar with him or just simply want to see more. I think both Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith both make valid points on Te'o and Manziel but, i still believe that Te'o deserves to win the Heisman this year for his outstanding performances throughout the entire year(especially the way he performed against the better ranked teams ND was supposed to lose to) according to most NCAA analysts.

vCash

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast