Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    thats about where i see Teo going, generally speaking top 5 pick teams are more offensively challenged then defensively,

DE, or OLBs QBs, WR,RB,OL,DT...
    as good as he is a Mike in a 43 does do anything that a technically sound player shouldnt be able to do...Morrison had 120 tackles 3 or 4 times right?

I think we can have him, but we can trade down to 10 or so and risk losing the pick and still wind up with Sam Montgomery, or Demontrae moore, or dee milliner.
    If I wound up with one of those three and a 2nd rd pick...Id have to be happy with that.

vCash
    Not to knock but I don't see anyone giving up their number 1 and 2 picks without moving up atleast 10 spots and I don't know what prospect anyone would want to trade up too get

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Not to knock but I don't see anyone giving up their number 1 and 2 picks without moving up atleast 10 spots and I don't know what prospect anyone would want to trade up too get
    You make a good point but just wait until the combine, workouts, etc. Their are always players value that sky rocket because of how they look in shorts or how fast they run.

Teams always over pay for players.

The better RG3 plays, the higher value Geno Smith has. Right or wrong the NFL is a copycat league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    we will be a TOP 3 pick and if RM doesnt trade down , then I will begin the Fire RM petition myself.There is always a trade to be made.
    Even if it only nets a single additional pick, we have no buisness taking anyone in the top 5.
    I dont get some of you guys, 1st you say we have to build through the draft, then you dont want Expensive FAs then you dont want to trade down??????

exactly how long are you planning on taking to build this roster?
    we havde less then 30 players under contract for next year.
    5 of them are big dollar contracts that everyone is hoping we cut, DHB,Mcclain,Briesel,Seymour,kelly.
    so twenty five guys and only 11 are starters.
    Veldheer, wis,Moore,Reece,palmer, Dmac,houston,Burris, Branch and Huff.

Hell Id say we should ditch huff and branch as well.

so then what are we doing?
    going on a FA shopping spree?
    we need picks, there is elite talent at the top of every draft.
    and the way we are going we will be in for two or three years worth of top picks so please RM do your damn job, trade down and get whatever you can.
    BTW teo is being mocked at around 10-20, I dont see him anywhere top 5 anymore.
    I agree that he should trade down, however he can only trade down if there is a willing trading partner willing to give what RM thinks the pick is worth. There is more then just wanting to trade down, you HAVE to have a willing trading partner.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 12-12-2012 at 05:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    thats about where i see Teo going, generally speaking top 5 pick teams are more offensively challenged then defensively,

DE, or OLBs QBs, WR,RB,OL,DT...
    as good as he is a Mike in a 43 does do anything that a technically sound player shouldnt be able to do...Morrison had 120 tackles 3 or 4 times right?

I think we can have him, but we can trade down to 10 or so and risk losing the pick and still wind up with Sam Montgomery, or Demontrae moore, or dee milliner.
    If I wound up with one of those three and a 2nd rd pick...Id have to be happy with that.
    I do agree it would be nice to trade down and get a 2nd round pick. This draft seems to be deep on the defensive side of the ball so by trading down in the 1st the Raiders will still get a very good defensive player and gain a much needed 2nd round pick.

vCash
    I can see a team giving us a lot if geno falls to us... lots of teams like shedding everything to get that qb like Washington did

vCash
    Smith iis not rg3...I think the most likely scenario is what dallas gave up to get claiibourne..but that was a 10 spot drop to pick up a secnd rounder

vCash
    I was doing a lil FA browsing and noticed these guys are gonna be on the market unless their respectable squads decide to resign them but yea here they go...Sam Baker(OT) ATL, Andre Smith(OT) CIN, Brandon Moore (LT) NYJ, Dwight Freeney (DE)[BEST PASS RUSHER ON THE MARKET] IND, Terrance Knighton (NT) JAC, Osi Umenyiora (DE) NYG, Michael Johnson (DE) CIN, Glen Dorsey (DE/DT) KC & Israel Idanije (DE) CHI...these were just the noticable Offensive n defensive lineman for now. Which one of theses guys if any would do some damage in silver & black??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Really? I know my drafts.

Stewards from Houston has about 40 more tackles, 1 less sack and 3 more INTS. He is a sleeper if you want a passrusher who can also make tackles. Look him up.

Simon - OSU
    Tuitt - ND
    Breslin - USC
    Clowney - SC
    St. John - Tulsa
    Murphy - Stanford

All are good passrushers
    What do you mean really? I don't question your research ability. I was just saying that is me, that is what I do.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjunior559 View Post
    I was doing a lil FA browsing and noticed these guys are gonna be on the market unless their respectable squads decide to resign them but yea here they go...Sam Baker(OT) ATL, Andre Smith(OT) CIN, Brandon Moore (LT) NYJ, Dwight Freeney (DE)[BEST PASS RUSHER ON THE MARKET] IND, Terrance Knighton (NT) JAC, Osi Umenyiora (DE) NYG, Michael Johnson (DE) CIN, Glen Dorsey (DE/DT) KC & Israel Idanije (DE) CHI...these were just the noticable Offensive n defensive lineman for now. Which one of theses guys if any would do some damage in silver & black??
    If the price is reasonable, Dorsey could be one hell of a DT in a 4-3 defense.

He was an absolute monster at LSU - KC just arbitrarily decided to move him to DE in a 34 defense for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    If the price is reasonable, Dorsey could be one hell of a DT in a 4-3 defense.

He was an absolute monster at LSU - KC just arbitrarily decided to move him to DE in a 34 defense for some reason.
    I know right, kinda like how the raiders moved wiz to nt when they could of just resiged satele...imo but yea i agree with you on making a move on this kid.

vCash
    If the Raiders draft top five, and can't/won't trade down, don't they have to go defense? You only take LTs in the top five, and not C, G, or RT that high. We have Veldheer at LT, and he ain't gonna nowheres, imo.

If they can't trade down, iow, find no dancing partner, I could see them going with Star Lotulelei or Moore from A&M(if he declares), or maybe Werner.

vCash
    I know right, kinda like how the raiders moved wiz to nt when they could of just resiged satele...imo but yea i agree with you on making a move on this kid.
    Wiz was a center in college. Dorsey was a 4-3 "3" technique.

Moving Wiz to center made sense; moving Dorsey to DE did not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    If the Raiders draft top five, and can't/won't trade down, don't they have to go defense? You only take LTs in the top five, and not C, G, or RT that high. We have Veldheer at LT, and he ain't gonna nowheres, imo.

If they can't trade down, iow, find no dancing partner, I could see them going with Star Lotulelei or Moore from A&M(if he declares), or maybe Werner.
    Always take the best player available. Defense or offense. Luckily, it looks like defense will most likely be the best on the board by the time we pick. We need about 3/4 solid additions to that defense next year.

vCash
    You mean center

I'm Your Huckleberry.

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast