Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeforCanton View Post
    I hope you are wrong
    I'm not wrong

The DE position impacts the entire secondary. Drafting a CB impacts one position.

If this team was getting to the QB and did not have both DB's injured, you;re story would be much different.

If this OL was opening up monster holes and giving Carson all day, our record would be flipped.

Fact is... OL and DL win games period. That should be our number one priorities over the offseason. Good thing is, Reggie knows this, preaches it, and has constantly been bringing in new OL and pass rushers looking for a spark. Given his success in the past at finding defensive players, we are one year removed from having a proper defense IMO. Just a matter of dumpin the DT divas we have.

vCash

Draft Thread

We need to fill so many spots across the roster. But D has the most pressing needs. I think D line will be addressed first but I think Reggie is going to go best player available and not really reach for guys

vCash
    Defensively, I think this is simple.

A team must have ONE great player at all three levels - a great DL, a great LB and a great DB.

The Raiders currently have none of that, lol... but it's not doom and gloom.

As I wrote earlier, 3-4 new starters will be enough to turn from a 5-11 / 6-10 team to an 8-8 / 9-7 sort of roster.

A new starter (or two) on the O/L mean's Oakland can run the ball more effectively, score more effectively, etc. I don't think the WR's, TE's or RB's are the issue with the Raider offense.

On defense, 1 new CB and 1 new LB could be enough to skew things in the Raiders favor. Yes - I think it's that simple. 1 high level CB to take away top options; 1 LB who can do a good job in coverage against TE's and against the run and the defense is suddenly far, far more capable of succeeding.

I realize it might be a 'sunny' assessment, but when push comes to shove, it's not that difficult to imagine a vast improvement with targeted roster adjustments. That's just my opinion.

vCash
    Agreed this team needs diifference makers...but difference makers don't grow on trees...this draft will be critical for this team moving forward...we need to come out with a different maker and a starter...or 3 solid starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I'm not wrong

The DE position impacts the entire secondary. Drafting a CB impacts one position.

If this team was getting to the QB and did not have both DB's injured, you;re story would be much different.

If this OL was opening up monster holes and giving Carson all day, our record would be flipped.

Fact is... OL and DL win games period. That should be our number one priorities over the offseason. Good thing is, Reggie knows this, preaches it, and has constantly been bringing in new OL and pass rushers looking for a spark. Given his success in the past at finding defensive players, we are one year removed from having a proper defense IMO. Just a matter of dumpin the DT divas we have.
    Very true. I too hope our first pick is someone on the line. Hopefully a DT/NT or a big impact pass rusher at DE/LB. Either way this D will need at least 1 new DT, LB and DE next year because what they got now aint cutting it. Secondary should never be addressed before the line. That's part of the reason Al kept seeting us back. Drafting and paying CB's early when the lines in front of them were more of an issue..

Houston, Burris, Wheeler & Shaugnessey are great role players. Couple these guys might even become huge difference makers if they can get some help around them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeforCanton View Post
    For us unknowlegable who is he at what position..is he worth 2nd pick in the entire draft?
    Manti Te'o -ILB Notre Dame youtube him if you dont know

TyvonBranch

vCash

Draft Thread

I don't think anyone is going to trade for our first rdr, especially if we are a top 5 pick. So if that's the case, I would just take best available . Nothing fancy, I would be ok with an offensive lineman , especially if he graded out worthy enough. But my heart says , go defense.

I have been watching m. Teo all year, I like him , but I think he is a 10-20 pick in the first rd. not a top 5. IMHO .

AJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to trade for our first rdr, especially if we are a top 5 pick. So if that's the case, I would just take best available . Nothing fancy, I would be ok with an offensive lineman , especially if he graded out worthy enough. But my heart says , go defense.

I have been watching m. Teo all year, I like him , but I think he is a 10-20 pick in the first rd. not a top 5. IMHO .

AJ
    The leadership he'd bring might make it worth it. Did spend a top 10 pick on a diff LB kinda recently though...

vCash
    a man who can overcome the loss of his grandmother and girlfriend within six hours of each other AND still lead his team to a win is what this team needs a emotional out spoken proven LEADER!

TyvonBranch

vCash
    there are three top D line men available.Star luitui,the DT from OSU and the DE from texas A&M.
    I like the A@M kid.
    that mean Houston moves inside and we need to keep one of our overpaid starters.

vCash

Draft Thread

Not necessarily SK7, we do have free agency also , that can help us get rid of the overpaid dead weight. , I'm counting on Reggie buying players so we can get rid of the overpaid guys.

The draft alone is not going to allow us to get rid of all the dead weight.

vCash
    MLB Stanford shyane skov, MLB meachel mauti Penn st , Dt from purdue kawwan short ,MLB manti te'o, Cb johnathan banks, RT Jake (Mathews) bloodline!!!!!!,
    CB oregano st. Jordan poyer,S Matt Elam Florida <<<<< huge tackler & ball hawk!

Any two of these players on our roster would be great!

vCash
    i wish the chiefs win today so if they beat us we will be tied for a draft pick then leave it to the flip of the coins.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    i hope we can get rid of DMC, DHB, Kelly, Seymour all this off season. that comes out to about 26.5 million free.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Make the necessary trades in order to acquire more draft picks and then address Defense, Defense and more Defense. And O-Line and a solid RB at value. Not saying we should get rid of DMC, But if we are going to keep him he must be used on a platoon basis, Because he just can't stay healthy!

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast