Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Im surprised there is no love for jarvis jones here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    I would take him also. Like I said, there are several defenisive players in this draft that would be an upgrade for the Raiders. I think this draft is deep on the defensive side of the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    I know this is a draft thread, but has anyone been paying attention to what Philadelphia might do with Asomugha?

Reports are saying he's most likely to get cut at seasons end. I'm not one who screams for available FA's to be signed but this one gets an exception from me.

I know his production wasn't very good these last two seasons but that only lowers his value in contract terms. Before Al passed, it was reported that he was willing to give a hometown discount but was never even offered a contract.

IF, and I do mean if, he comes available, I would take a serious look at him which would help possibly free up a draft selection for a different position.

......just a thought that has been on my mind for a couple weeks.
    Oh man, I couldn't agree more.

Nnamdi would be a CB for another year or two, then slid to safety or a "Woodson" like position of 'roaming' around.

It would be nice to have him back in Oakland. As long as it's not unreasonably expensive, of course...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    Pretty big statement there. Can you back that up with anything?
    Everything they're saying about Te'o, they said about McClain'Ro, yo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Everything they're saying about Te'o, they said about McClain'Ro, yo?
    They can say what they want, but we're talking about extremely different people, persons.

One guy is a mormon church going fella....Doesn't drink, smoke, etc.

One guy hasn't had his vehicle shot at in his home town (yet).

One guy wasn't arrested by Decatur police and charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits.

One guy is smarter than all that.

One guy won't be getting into that type of trouble. He'll be a damn football player, who puts his work in & doesn't go McClain/Jamarcus on us. He can only get better with the type of attitude & work ethic he brings in. That can also only help others who surround him.

We need this type of person/player for once.

vCash
    None of those things had happened to Ro while he was in college, either. Everyone was praising this pick, including myself(he's who I wanted), and thought we were set for years to come. He had all the hardware, and his hardwork ethic, being a film junkie, a coach on the field, etc. This is what is being said about Te'o, as well.

vCash
    We need DT's that will engulf the OG/OT, which will allow our LB's to make plays. Until the d-line prob is addressed, whether via FA and/or draft, the best LBs will have trouble making plays. If we can get adequate DL help in FA, then if they trade back to around pick 15 or so, and take Te'o, okay. He's not a top ten pick in my book. I wouldn't take him in the 1st period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Am I the only one who is routing for Bjoern Werner ???
    Nope, I proposed drafting him awhile back. I like this guy, he fits a major need for us, and he has a great first name!

vCash
    The thiing about teo I see is he's not the athelete that you need nowadays to be a three down linebacker....if he's unsuccessful it won't be for lack of effort it will be because of a lack of athleticism

vCash
    The thiing about teo I see is he's not the athelete that you need nowadays to be a three down linebacker....if he's unsuccessful it won't be for lack of effort it will be because of a lack of athleticism
    I think he is going to make a name for himself and the team that gets him is going to be happy as @#$%, but I think we have other needs more important, and there lies the rub.

vCash
    Teo is faster than mclame and is a ball hawk, none of our defensive players have that trait, trade back and get teo mr.mckenzie plz! He alone will inspire our team and fans for years to come

vCash
    How is Jones vs the run? If he can't defend the run, what good would he be to us? All they'd have to do is run up the gut, or to the other side, and not pass the ball as much. Now, if they can sure up the DT spot, or spots(depending in the go 43 or 34), then go for him, Moore from A&M, or Werner....but until the DT dilema/fiasco is shored up, we shouldn't be worried about a spreedrushing DE/OLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    None of those things had happened to Ro while he was in college, either. Everyone was praising this pick, including myself(he's who I wanted), and thought we were set for years to come. He had all the hardware, and his hardwork ethic, being a film junkie, a coach on the field, etc. This is what is being said about Te'o, as well.
    Completely different people. In or out of college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Completely different people. In or out of college.
    I never heard of any character flaws Ro had in college. He may have and I didn't hear about it. $$$$ makes fools out of many a person.

vCash
    Seriously cogneato do u really think money will change teo like it did slowlando? Teo was raised a religious man who lived football every day of his life in a great enviorment, great house hold, while rolando came from the hood surrounded by gangsters, its not totallly rolandos fault, he was screwed from the get go, 95% of us are products of our enviorment, for u to think teo has any chance of changing like ro did after getting money is ludicrous

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast