Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Glennon has everything but mobility. He wasn't always great in pressure situations, but I think he displayed legitimate accuracy, he's got a great arm - and, in the few games I saw him play, he seemed able to throw accurately while moving in the pocket. I think he's fairly impressive.

I also thought Russell was destined for greatness when I saw him play as a Sophomore at LSU -- take my opinions on QB's with a grain of salt.

Now, next season, there's a physical monster named Stephen Morris coming out of Miami. Morris throws the football harder then just about anyone I've ever seen, except maybe Favre / Cutler and, of course, the aforementioned Jabba the Schmuck.

In regards to Glennon, why not take a few flyers on capable QB's who are available in the later rounds? Granted, most of the 'top' QB's are first-round picks; the notable exceptions are Brees (2nd) and Brady (6th) - Schaub is productive, and also a 2nd/3rd rounder.

This season, we're seeing younger guys like Dalton (2nd) and Russell Wilson (3rd) -- both of whom are capable enough, albeit flawed.

Glennon might fall into the second round, while Oakland vacates the #1-5 spot to teams desperate to get their grubby hands on Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, etc.
    Watching some highlights on zac Dysert n reading numerous scouting reports on him I'm shocked he's a 2-3 round prospect. What do you think about him? He's mechanics are great, good arm strength, great accuracy n touch and a player who can make something happen out of a broken play. I think he's he most underrated Qb in the draft

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Watching some highlights on zac Dysert n reading numerous scouting reports on him I'm shocked he's a 2-3 round prospect. What do you think about him? He's mechanics are great, good arm strength, great accuracy n touch and a player who can make something happen out of a broken play. I think he's he most underrated Qb in the draft
    On this board, I don't think anyone gets it right more often then Priest. He's been absurdly accurate over the past few years. He's a better judge then I am.

I've never seen Dysert, since I could care less about MAC football. I watch a ton of SEC football, and a few assorted games here or there. I don't know anything about him, except he's considered a 2-3 round pick.

I've seen Nassib over the years since his Syracuse Orange play against Rutgers, my alma mater. I've never been particularly impressed by him... just in case you (or anyone else) was wondering.

If Miami (Oh) is playing in a bowl, I might check it out.

I'll say this - I'd trade a 3rd rounder for Kirk Cousins. I really believe he's got the potential to be a really, really good QB - and the Shanahan system is essentially what Dennis Allen is trying to run in Oakland.
    Last edited by Shred003; 12-09-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: matta, mater, tomato, tomato...

vCash
    Wins by Carolina, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and San Diego increase our chance of the lowest pick possible.

vCash
    a loss against the chiefs will almost guarantee a 2nd pick because i dont see wins against panthers and chargers for us. considering the jags have dolphins and titans left on their schedule one win by them we get the first. Basically if we are tied with the chiefs and jags at 3 wins at the end of the season we get the 1 overall pick. the tiebreakers aren't h2h matchups. It is based on the strength of schedule of the PREVIOUS season. the raiders had the easiest so they will be given the 1 pick. boy that would do wonders for the raiders.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    a loss against the chiefs will almost guarantee a 2nd pick because i dont see wins against panthers and chargers for us. considering the jags have dolphins and titans left on their schedule one win by them we get the first. Basically if we are tied with the chiefs and jags at 3 wins at the end of the season we get the 1 overall pick. the tiebreakers aren't h2h matchups. It is based on the strength of schedule of the PREVIOUS season. the raiders had the easiest so they will be given the 1 pick. boy that would do wonders for the raiders.
    Sucks we wont have the 33rd pick thx to Palmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Sucks we wont have the 33rd pick thx to Palmer
    if we are tied with the chiefs and jags at 3-13 we will ahve the 1st pick in the 1st round but 3rd pick in the 2nd round because we will then rotate. But nonetheless yeah thats basically a late 1st rounder.

1st round for seymour, 1st and 2nd for palmer. thats 3 starters that could have contributed for many years

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    if we are tied with the chiefs and jags at 3-13 we will ahve the 1st pick in the 1st round but 3rd pick in the 2nd round because we will then rotate. But nonetheless yeah thats basically a late 1st rounder.

1st round for seymour, 1st and 2nd for palmer. thats 3 starters that could have contributed for many years
    Who in their right mind would give up a 1st for Seymour?

vCash

Plus year after year of wasted picks on useless athletes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what McKenzie is going to do, I don't think the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Who in their right mind would give up a 1st for Seymour?
    who said trade him for a first? we were dumb enough to give up a 1st for him. Seymour is gone his contract will be voided.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing what McKenzie is going to do, I don't think the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

-Stork
    with the news that seymour and mcclains contract can be voided. A potentially top 5 pick. I can really see the raiders becoming competitive next season in 2013, and be back in the playoffs in 2014.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    I'm sold on McKenzie. He's already managed to get a few good players into Oakland, even as the entire roster falls apart on a weekly basis.

I'm not sold on Allen, however. He gets a second year, IMO, but Reggie should make sure Allen gets a... uh... "qualified" replacement at offensive coordinator.

I like Mornhinweg - good OC, he interviewed for the Raider head coaching job, he's got head coaching experience... in case of emergency, he'd suffice as an interim (or full-time) replacement, IMO.

I wouldn't mind someone from Minnesota coming to Oakland and teaching the Raiders their blocking techniques, either. The Vikings run game is dominant, versatile and consistent - it's the O/L, not AD, who impresses me in that scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I'm sold on McKenzie. He's already managed to get a few good players into Oakland, even as the entire roster falls apart on a weekly basis.

I'm not sold on Allen, however. He gets a second year, IMO, but Reggie should make sure Allen gets a... uh... "qualified" replacement at offensive coordinator.

I like Mornhinweg - good OC, he interviewed for the Raider head coaching job, he's got head coaching experience... in case of emergency, he'd suffice as an interim (or full-time) replacement, IMO.

I wouldn't mind someone from Minnesota coming to Oakland and teaching the Raiders their blocking techniques, either. The Vikings run game is dominant, versatile and consistent - it's the O/L, not AD, who impresses me in that scheme.
    You could let Sean Peyton lead our offense and we'd still be a sub .500 team with how horrible our D is.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    finally an off-season to get excited about! Time to shedd the salary and stack picks and finally build this team the right way!
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash

Draft Thread

^^^^ the problem is , that is easier said, than done.

vCash
    But just being able to have options of cutting players without Cap-hits is gonna be huge. We're already getting a top 5 pick(trade down!) and hopefully we can make a couple more trades and luckily get a few good picks.

You're right it's easier said then done, and the RM & FO have a lot of work to do in the off-season. I believe they can do it and turn this franchise around.

Expecting a lot of Raider activity this off-season.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast