Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Yea its a real stretch to say a guy who had 4 sacks rushing against college rts is going to be a bust in the nfl
    Your right, wonder why he isn't projected 7th round. Weird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Your right, wonder why he isn't projected 7th round. Weird.
    Cuz he's fast and he went to a bigtime school...srta like.......aaron maybin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Cuz he's fast and he went to a bigtime school...srta like.......aaron maybin
    You would think these NFL teams and scouts would learn.

vCash
    Fun fact: JPP only had 6.5 sacks in his final college year. So like Maybin.........................or JPP.

vCash
    You mean the jpp that started 7 games in his only college football season and had 19 tackles for loss as well?...yea like I said mingo isn't maybin...he's a less productive maybin

vCash
    My question is why should I believe you in your "he's a less productive maybin" over the teams that will look to draft him in the top 10? I mean, if I listen to you, he should be in the 6th-7th round. How many scouting jobs have you had?

Also who would be your draft pick?

vCash
    Look at the stats look at the games...mingo was more impactful last year than this year....I compare him to maybin because they are both long skinny fast athletes who have no power and can't win outside of their speed....I'm not saying he should be a seventh round pick...all I'm saying is the production doesn't match the first round projection..he's the DHB of this draft...if we bulk him up teach him technique he can be great....thankfully this GM cares about production..I would take the highly productive kid out of a&m moore...he's a better pass rusher polished with upside still

vCash
    please no mingo! we need production not projects.

vCash
    Do the majority atleast agree on pass rusher?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Gio...you were born in what...'93/'94, somewhere around there?

Seau's last All-Pro year was 2000. What could you possibly remember? You remember Seau like I remember Andy Russell, vagueries and glimpses. Certainly not enough to go around saying some college kid reminds you of him.

I'm not trying to be a douche, but you're going to get embarrassed sooner or later if you try to say something like that to a knowledgeable sports fan who's been around the block.

-Stork
    I was born in 91 you douche, I started watching football at 6, by 9 I was naming off stats no problem

vCash
    Wow

vCash
    Mingo scares me. I'm not a fan of a player that all of a sudden loses production in the middle of the season. I keep hearing how a outstanding prospect he could be, but we don't need a developmental player. We need a sure fire impact player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    I was born in 91 you douche, I started watching football at 6, by 9 I was naming off stats no problem
    Yeah, I figured as much. I was the same way.

Take it for what its worth, I'm not trying to insult you...just trying to provide a little insight.

-Stork

vCash
    The information these kids have access to makes me envious.

When I was kid, you hoped like hell you caught the ten minute ticker if you were not fortunate enough to get the game due to regional coverage, you made sure you caught the quick highlights at half time and then watched the brief recap on Inside the NFL.

I was able to watch nearly every Raiders game until the Seattle Seahawks started playing in the AFC West (They were NFC West their first season)

I kept my own talley based on the box score in the Monday paper. When ESPN came out on the late 1970's it was the cats ***, I remember watching the first televised draft at seeing Rozelle call out Marcus Allen's selection. Paul Maguire went off on the pick, I remember being pleased as I watched Marcus tear up my alma mater for almost 300 yards rushing in one game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    The information these kids have access to makes me envious.

When I was kid, you hoped like hell you caught the ten minute ticker if you were not fortunate enough to get the game due to regional coverage, you made sure you caught the quick highlights at half time and then watched the brief recap on Inside the NFL.

I was able to watch nearly every Raiders game until the Seattle Seahawks started playing in the AFC West (They were NFC West their first season)

I kept my own talley based on the box score in the Monday paper. When ESPN came out on the late 1970's it was the cats ***, I remember watching the first televised draft at seeing Rozelle call out Marcus Allen's selection. Paul Maguire went off on the pick, I remember being pleased as I watched Marcus tear up my alma mater for almost 300 yards rushing in one game.
    I used to take the bus to Times Square once a month to go to a newspaper shop that sold every newspaper from around the world.

It was the only way to keep in touch. I'd so look forward to the trip after the draft.

-Stork

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast