Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    Why yes, yes I did.
    Gio...you were born in what...'93/'94, somewhere around there?

Seau's last All-Pro year was 2000. What could you possibly remember? You remember Seau like I remember Andy Russell, vagueries and glimpses. Certainly not enough to go around saying some college kid reminds you of him.

I'm not trying to be a douche, but you're going to get embarrassed sooner or later if you try to say something like that to a knowledgeable sports fan who's been around the block.

-Stork

vCash
    If Houston and Bryant are our two DL next year, I do agree that we need a stud DE to compliment them. We need pressure on the damn QB so whatever corners we have can make some plays. Lol

But our 3rd rounder must be a OL or MILB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLAfan View Post
    If Houston and Bryant are our two DL next year, I do agree that we need a stud DE to compliment them. We need pressure on the damn QB so whatever corners we have can make some plays. Lol

But our 3rd rounder must be a OL or MILB.
    I vote RT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Gio...you were born in what...'93/'94, somewhere around there?

Seau's last All-Pro year was 2000. What could you possibly remember? You remember Seau like I remember Andy Russell, vagueries and glimpses. Certainly not enough to go around saying some college kid reminds you of him.

I'm not trying to be a douche, but you're going to get embarrassed sooner or later if you try to say something like that to a knowledgeable sports fan who's been around the block.

-Stork
    give it a rest stork!...

vCash
    I really hope our pick isn't Teo. Jarvis Jones or Mingo would be my pick. Also we pretty much have to look to upgrade our entire secondary somehow this off-season. Drafting a pass rusher, secondary help (2 or 3 guys), O-line and maybe McFadden's replacement would be my ideal draft. In free agency look at a vet MLB.

McGOAT

vCash
    Llullz this thread is getting entertaining
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I like the Idea of having a 3-4. I dont think we have the talent on the Dline or LB crew to even get started. Maybe Houston at DE and Wheeler. Thats alot of holes to fill.
    I know there's a lot of holes to fill.

That's why I want an edge-rusher (DE) who can eventually function as an OLB in the draft, lol.

vCash
    There are some good OTs in this draft, and its almost unanimous that we need an upgrade at RT. A few players projected in the middle rounds that I'd love to see in the Silver& Black:
    - Kyle Long, Oregon
    - Brian Winters, Kent State (great athlete, stock shooting up)
    - Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State* (Jr., very impressive all around game)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    There are some good OTs in this draft, and its almost unanimous that we need an upgrade at RT. A few players projected in the middle rounds that I'd love to see in the Silver& Black:
    - Kyle Long, Oregon
    - Brian Winters, Kent State (great athlete, stock shooting up)
    - Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State* (Jr., very impressive all around game)
    Also Martin from ND and Braun from WV would be good late picks.

I dont understand why nobody wants the guy who people are saying could win the heisman as a Defensive player. The only other guy to do that was Charles Woodson. He is great. He will be great. He can cover and stop the run.

So you guys want to pass on him when you can get a decent passrusher late?

This guy changes the outcome of games and other teams gameplans. I am stunned.

And it is a position that we need to fill.

vCash
    That's the logic that had tebow picked in the first round...the reality is he does not project to the nfl as he did in college... and he doesn't play a position that impacts the nfl game as much anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I know there's a lot of holes to fill.

That's why I want an edge-rusher (DE) who can eventually function as an OLB in the draft, lol.
    Alot of those in this draft.
    3rd round on
    Gholston - MSU(this guy could move up the draft. freak of nature), Lavar Edward - LSU, Carradine - FSU, Hunte - southern meth, Taylor south carolina

vCash
    My case for Mingo:

Look at this past year's Superbowl Champs. Now look at the top teams in the league as of right now. What do they have in common? Someone that can pass the ball. Someone that can catch the ball. And someone that can get to the QB. The Giants, name me their starting MLB quickly? Now tell me who the star of that defense is? Same goes for The Falcons? Texans?

Now look at last night's game against the Broncos. It seemed like they had success on 3rd down passing plays all night long. The difference between 3rd down conversions and 4 and outs? Pass rush (and a little help from the secondary covering), not Teo.

Now you might say, well the 49ers' best player is a MLB. Well they also have Aldon Smith now don't they? Texans, J. J. Watt. Falcons, John Abraham. Giants, and Superbowl champs, JPP.

Raiders should strongly consider taking Barkevious Mingo come draft day. Get a legit pass rusher, and we could be on the right path to success. He could also help erase the last LSU draft pick we had in the 1st, being a very good athlete and very well spoken young man, right up RM's alley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZcfTFhOUU4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr2cW58jabc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNp3mHsU3kI
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 12-07-2012 at 06:21 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Mingo= a less productive aaron maybin...there's no way we will be taking him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Mingo= a less productive aaron maybin...there's no way we will be taking him
    Lottery numbers please? Assuming you are looking into the future, because why would someone be the projected #1 DE in the draft if he is already a bust? Sounds like you might favor someone else, hence why you would pull the bust card out.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 12-07-2012 at 06:37 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Yea its a real stretch to say a guy who had 4 sacks rushing against college rts is going to be a bust in the nfl

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast