Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    why not? with the rookie pay scale teams wouldn't worry about the high draft slot. I can tell you Aldon smith and Von miller are going to really really raise the stock of jarvis jones. he already was a top 3 pick but now he really might be valued and some team can give up a lot for him. If the browns traded up for a RB a team can trade up for a big time pass rusher. And i thought picking von miller at 2 was a mistake lol. I hate that the broncos have him.
    This is true. All the more reason shouuld maybe just stay put and get a top pass rusher like Jones or Moore. We NEED one of those guys.

Can still collect another decent pick with Mcfadden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    I want to complain? **** you. lol. I'm just trying to be real here. and please, don't just post numbers post the ACTUAL trades. lmfao of course there's always opportunity, stork. Just not as much this upcoming draft.

-Chuckles
    Are you daft? I posted a link. Do you need me to come over and read it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Like I said before - there's no RGIII in this draft for someone to trade up for, so it makes the chances of someone trading into the top 3 unlikely.

So an RGIII example doesn't work here. A team would probably trade into the top 10 for maybe a Geno Smith or Barkely but top 5? top 3? Unlikely.

The only way I see a team trading into the top 3 for us is if Star is still available and if Star is still available when the Raiders pick he is likely the pick IMO.
    I'm a little confused why you think you know whats what this early in the game. You, like the rest of us....including the professionals, have no idea how this is going to play out. Be patient, we're going to have an opportunity to do some things.

-Stork

vCash
    i think we should save mocks for now, we can seriously end up from anywhere from the 1-10th pick. if we get wins against the panthers and chiefs we will be in the 8-10 range. i personally believe we will be top 5. being 1st will help this franchise in a extraordinary amount. we would get a haul. no matter how weak the class is if we choose to trade the 1st pick we will get a haul.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I just hope when we trade our top 3 pick that we don't drop to far anything pass 10 would piss me off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    God I hope we don't draft a damn CB.

It's time to draft line line line line line until both are fixed. Our RB's would look alot better if our DL got to the QB. Same with the offense.

I would have no problem drafting all OL and DL.
    McKenzie won't draft a cb first. You are right that our problems start on the line and he has to be aware of that. So is Allen. Sam Shields is an rfa with greeen bay and as long as gb isn't asking for a first, I think mckenzie will Target him. Either a third or a fifth would be a great tender for him and overpay him slightly so the packers don't match. Then you have a top pass rusher and a competent corner. I could see.them resigning Spencer and phillip Adams to play the other side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    i think we should save mocks for now, we can seriously end up from anywhere from the 1-10th pick. if we get wins against the panthers and chiefs we will be in the 8-10 range. i personally believe we will be top 5. being 1st will help this franchise in a extraordinary amount. we would get a haul. no matter how weak the class is if we choose to trade the 1st pick we will get a haul.
    I'm sure we will be top five. Panthers and chiefs suck too but.aren't laying down and waiving the white flag like the raiders and eagles are. We could lose both those games and probably get 2nd if not first pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    SDRaiders that would be great, BUT, nobody would give up a 2nd and a 3rd to move up 4 spots.

For our Raiders to get a 2nd and 3rd, we would have to move back to 26th or 27th. That is not likely going to happen. The other GMs see power in #'s also , like we do.

I think we are going to end up with a DT with our first pick or a DE. And just sit tight.

It really depends on how these college guys perform at the combine.
    Um, yes they would. Did you see what the Redskins gave up last year to move up only 6 spots. A 2nd and a 3rd would be a drop in the bucket compared to what the Redskins gave up.

If the Raiders end up with the 2nd pick and a 2nd QB other then Geno Smith emerges after the combine and pro days, a team will give up a lot to move up to that spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Um, yes they would. Did you see what the Redskins gave up last year to move up only 6 spots. A 2nd and a 3rd would be a drop in the bucket compared to what the Redskins gave up.

If the Raiders end up with the 2nd pick and a 2nd QB other then Geno Smith emerges after the combine and pro days, a team will give up a lot to move up to that spot.
    Hmmm, so you think a QB might grade out the way RG3 did?? No, not likely. Their college performances take precedent, nobody in college has performed like Luck or RG3.

That trade scenario is a pipe dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Hmmm, so you think a QB might grade out the way RG3 did?? No, not likely. Their college performances take precedent, nobody in college has performed like Luck or RG3.

That trade scenario is a pipe dream.
    Where did I say a QB would grade out as good as RG3? Is your reading comprehension not working properly?

vCash
    Krone there are no RG3 in this years draft.

My reading comprehension is fine.
    Last edited by rubiconraider; 12-04-2012 at 11:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    I just hope when we trade our top 3 pick that we don't drop to far anything pass 10 would piss me off
    Serious question :

If the Raiders get a first, second, third and additional picks - let's say a fifth, for the sake of argument - wouldn't that be enough, even if the team trades down into the bottom half of the round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Serious question :

If the Raiders get a first, second, third and additional picks - let's say a fifth, for the sake of argument - wouldn't that be enough, even if the team trades down into the bottom half of the round?
    IMHO , yes.

vCash
    With our first pick we should get Teo Ball or Barkley if we aren't even going to look at Pryor.try to get mathieu 3rd round because he should still be on the board cause of off field issues

vCash
    ^ Barkley...really? The Honey Badger just doesn't fit the McKinzie mold eventhough he might turn into another Burfict type of pick where no one wanted him, yet the team that did get him now has a very good player (Bengals )
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Barkley in the first would be upsetting we have a good qb and we need so many other things!
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast