Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersteve View Post
    Indeed! When you had to pay potential busts like JaMarcus Russell $66 million, nobody wanted that pick. Now when you are risking half of that for a top prospect, it is well worth it and it has to deminish the value of some top FAs too, since if they ask for too much, then teams can just take their chances in the draft for not as much risk. Saying that, the other post is right too, there is no RG3 or Luck or Julio Jones this year where teams may fall over themselves to move up.

If we can go from the 2nd pick (possibly the first the way this team is playing) down to around 15, and get a second rounder back also, that would be great for us.

In the first round Texas DE Alex Okafor will still be there at 15, or Bama LB CJ Mosely either is an immediate starter on our defense and both look like the real deals.. You get Okafor and move Houston where he belongs at DT.

In the 2nd round Texas DE Jeffcoat may still be on the board depending on the status of his injury. If not, then hopefully Bama RT D.J. Fluker is there. Tell me he won't help the run.

I could see McKenzie using the 3rd rounder to tender RFA CB Sam Shields from the Packers (assuming that is how the Packers tender him)..if it is a 5th rounder, then it is a steal. He is a starter who will command a reasonable salary and he is familiar with him.

In Round 4 I'd look at DE William Gholston from Michigan State as a developmental pass rush guy.

Past there, I'm not going to pretend I've watched enough college football this year to know anyone beside maybe Denard Robinson if he falls to the 5th round as an all around awesome athlete. There are a lot of holes to fill...

Other free agents, I think we pay Minnesota MLB Erin Henderson top dollar to be our prize FA this offseason. He is a great run defender.

I think they take a flyer on Texans DE Connor Barwin as a pass rusher if they don't get one early.

That is really all I see that looks attractive.
    i don't see Barwin leaving the Texans but I would love to see him in Silver and Black, that would be a good signing.

vCash
    if we got a Top 3 pick, which i think we will, I dont honestly think we trade it.. I think Reggie keeps it and Mark will want to as well. yes the smart thing to do would be to trade it for more picks. i agree... but imo i dont think we will ....

vCash
    Raiders NEED to draft Star Lotulelei, Tj Mcdonald, and Justin Hunter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov0 View Post
    if we got a Top 3 pick, which i think we will, I dont honestly think we trade it.. I think Reggie keeps it and Mark will want to as well. yes the smart thing to do would be to trade it for more picks. i agree... but imo i dont think we will ....
    You are probably right...unfortunately...Mark and Reggie will want to sell some jerseys and put some butts in the seats at the coliseum. Getting a top 3 guy with a lot of hype does that.

Still would be smarter to move down to the middle of the round, still get a top pass rusher and recoup that second round pick that they squandered on a QB who was retired. Seriously? You can't negotiate just 1 first round pick for a retired QB? I wonder how those negotiations went.

vCash
    I'm not so sure anyone is gonna want to move up for Geno Smith or Matt Barkely.

I'd guess we stay put and select the best guy available. Star Lutagoodness and Damontre Mo-sacks should be atop Reggie's board.

vCash
    Nonsense, just this past draft the Browns traded up for Richardson, the Jags traded up for Blackmon, the Cowboys traded up for Claiborne, the Eagles traded up for Cox, the Pats traded up for Jones and Hightower, the Vikes traded up for Smith and the Bucs traded up for Doug Martin.

None of them quarterbacks.

Opportunities are always just a phone call away.

-Stork

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...Years/2012.htm

BTW...magnificent site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    I'm not so sure anyone is gonna want to move up for Geno Smith or Matt Barkely.

I'd guess we stay put and select the best guy available. Star Lutagoodness and Damontre Mo-sacks should be atop Reggie's board.
    i mean they don't have the support like luck did or rg3 did. But with teams like the Chiefs, Jags, Jets, Eagles, Cardinals, and bills are potentially looking for QBs some of them will jump. I mean a couple of years ago the jags reached on blaine gabbert and the vikings reached on Ponder lol.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Nonsense, just this past draft the Browns traded up for Richardson, the Jags traded up for Blackmon, the Cowboys traded up for Claiborne, the Eagles traded up for Cox, the Pats traded up for Jones and Hightower, the Vikes traded up for Smith and the Bucs traded up for Doug Martin.

None of them quarterbacks.

Opportunities are always just a phone call away.

-Stork

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...Years/2012.htm

BTW...magnificent site.
    None of those teams traded up into the top 3 to get their player though, did they? And this is a 'weak' class. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it's less likely if our Raiders are picking 1-3. It's possible, but less likely.

vCash
    None of those teams traded up into the top 3 to get their player though, did they? And this is a 'weak' class. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it's less likely if our Raiders are picking 1-3. It's possible, but less likely.
    Ummm...yeah. 3, 5, 6, 12, 21, 25, 29 and 31.

You're being pessimistic for no reason other than you're frustrated and you want to complain.

Stop it.

There is always opportunity.

-Stork

vCash

You're being pessimistic for no reason other than you're frustrated and you want to complain.

Stop it.

-Stork
    Yeah, and you just know some players are going to impress at the combine and become 'can't miss' superstars, etc.

Oakland just needs a "Dallas" type trade - trade down in the first and add a second and maybe a later pick, as well.

One top-five pick becomes three top-100 players, most (if not all) of whom are going to play a role for the 2013 team.

vCash

Stop it.

-Stork
    I want to complain? **** you. lol. I'm just trying to be real here. and please, don't just post numbers post the ACTUAL trades. lmfao of course there's always opportunity, stork. Just not as much this upcoming draft.

-Chuckles

vCash
    Like I said before - there's no RGIII in this draft for someone to trade up for, so it makes the chances of someone trading into the top 3 unlikely.

So an RGIII example doesn't work here. A team would probably trade into the top 10 for maybe a Geno Smith or Barkely but top 5? top 3? Unlikely.

The only way I see a team trading into the top 3 for us is if Star is still available and if Star is still available when the Raiders pick he is likely the pick IMO.

vCash
    Like I said before - there's no RGIII in this draft for someone to trade up for, so it makes the chances of someone trading into the top 3 unlikely.

So an RGIII example doesn't work here. A team would probably trade into the top 10 for maybe a Geno Smith or Barkely but top 5? top 3? Unlikely.

The only way I see a team trading into the top 3 for us is if Star is still available and if Star is still available when the Raiders pick he is likely the pick IMO.
    sometimes there are players that dramatically rise and rise on draft boards right before the draft. it will happen. with so many teams vying for a QB who knows? the jets traded up to 5 for sanchez. the vikings took a 2nd round prospect in ponder at 12

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    sometimes there players that dramatically rise and rise on draft boards right before the draft. it will happen. with so many teams vying for a QB who knows? the jets traded up to 5 for sanchez. the vikings took a 2nd round prospect in ponder at 12
    hey I'm not saying it won't happen but again that's #5. At this rate our Raiders will be picking #1 or #2 and who the **** wants that pick. Unless the Raiders win another game or two I just don't know if anyone would really want to trade up for that high a pick.

vCash
    hey I'm not saying it won't happen but again that's #5. At this rate our Raiders will be picking #1 or #2 and who the **** wants that pick. Unless the Raiders win another game or two I just don't know if anyone would really want to trade up for that high a pick.
    why not? with the rookie pay scale teams wouldn't worry about the high draft slot. I can tell you Aldon smith and Von miller are going to really really raise the stock of jarvis jones. he already was a top 3 pick but now he really might be valued and some team can give up a lot for him. If the browns traded up for a RB a team can trade up for a big time pass rusher. And i thought picking von miller at 2 was a mistake lol. I hate that the broncos have him.

Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast