Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    2 wins? I can see kc. But you really think raiders can finally go down to the east coast and win? I can't remember how much east coast games we've lost in a row. They got two dangerous RB, a Qb who can run and has a huge arm and a deep threat In smith. I think the panthers put up a ton. Also San Diego will win at home. It's the last game that group will play together(norv is leaving) and their going to play with a ton of heart. Notice I didn't bring up the broncos, we will need lube for Thursday
    The last one might have been against Tampa Bay in '08...?

Does Cincinnati count? Pittsburgh? Bruce won a few in '09, if I recall correctly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Who's tripping little boy? You think you can get a 6th pick in the draft , 2nd rounder and a 3rdr for the second pick in the draft??? Your going to be awfully disappointed in your little feetsy pajamas in April.

Your commentary is getting a little old on this forum , lad.Count to 20 before you post.
    The redskins gave up 3 firsts and a 2nd to move up 4 spots last year. Yes no one will give up that much his year with no rg3 but to think we can get a 2nd and 3rd is stupid

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    The redskins gave up 3 firsts and a 2nd to move up 4 spots last year. Yes no one will give up that much his year with no rg3 but to think we can get a 2nd and 3rd is stupid
    1st / 2nd? Sure.

1st / 2nd / 3rd ? I HIGHLY doubt it.

There's nobody out there that's going to demand a team give up that much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    1st / 2nd? Sure.

1st / 2nd / 3rd ? I HIGHLY doubt it.

There's nobody out there that's going to demand a team give up that much.
    If its just a 1st and 2nd in 2013 involved there be a pick in 2014 involved to

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I think the raiders end up with the 3rd trade down to 7 pick up a 2nd and 3rd this year and a first in 2014. Then we Trade down from 7 to 13-14 pick up another 2nd and 3rd and a 2nd in 2014.

Then dmc for a 3rd dhb for a 5th. Other guys get cut. This draft is loaded with DL talent at 13-14 we can still have an impact guy.

With this scenario the 2013 draft looks like this
    1st round-13 or 14th
    2nd round
    2nd round
    3rd round
    3rd round
    3rd round
    3rd round
    4th round
    6th round
    7th round

Plenty of moving around available with 4 3rds

Also with the 2014 draft we will have 2 1sts and 2 2nds.
    Wow. No offense RP, but that is a dream scenario that has about the same probability as winning the lottery. I would love if it happened, but just can't even see it coming to pass.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash

Draft Thread

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Here's a link to the trade value chart to show how teams value draft picks. It might help in making some of these trade down scenarios.

I wasn't sure if this site was legit but I checked a few other sites and they had the same one.

vCash
    The scale is irrelevant now with the slotted cntracts....bottomline your pick is worth what someone values the player they are going to pick

vCash
    Picks are worth more because contracts are cheaper. Nonetheless we don't go from pick 2 to 26 to pick up a 2nd and 3rd. Ill make a sit but with anyone we will get a better deal trading down just 4-6 slots

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    A lot of dream trade scenarios getting thrown around, that seems like too much speculation without enough information at this point. We'd need to be in a position to draft a blue-chip player at least two teams covet. And if there's a guy that talented floating around, why not draft him? Everyone likes a game-changer.
    Who's it going to be that everyone wants? Star? Te'O? Moore? G. Smith? J. Jones? There isn't an Andrew Luck or RG3 type QB prospect. At least not an apparent one.
    I enjoy this draft thread. It's good for getting info/opinions on prospects and seeing who everyone wants to see in the Silver&Black next year. Maybe just cool it on the trade downs that magically give us multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks. In hindsight, St. Louis may regret not just drafting RG3 and trading Bradford.

vCash
    Its funny you say that...I have a buddy whose a rams fan and I give it to him all the time for passing on rg3

If there is a game changer there...we can't trade down

vCash
    honestly our mocks really dont mean **** this year. Other than RB and WR i can see Reggie staying put or trading down, but nonetheless with the first pick we can take any position on the board. Im positive it wont be RB or WR but other than that who knows. May he wanna take his QB? i can see OL, DL, DB, LB we just dont know.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    IMO, the pick value chart is uneffected by the rookie wage scale, it was designed to reflect the value of the impact a player of the quality available in the first picks should offer,that being said, it is all predicated on need, and the ONLY position that earns those multiple 1st round picks offers is QB.

That should stop us from trading down for whatever we can get.
    If we are picking top 3, there should be someone still on the board that a team values enough to get a 2,3 and 4th out of.
    the "value" of a 4th rd pick is awfully low.

In Postings example, its that second trade down that might be hard to pull off.
    I would suspect the net from another trade down would be "lite", and may not wind up being advantageous.

vCash
    Whoever it is I just hope its a franchise player...I can't remember the last one of those that we've drafted...it seems every team in the nfl has one but us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    IMO, the pick value chart is uneffected by the rookie wage scale, it was designed to reflect the value of the impact a player of the quality available in the first picks should offer,that being said, it is all predicated on need, and the ONLY position that earns those multiple 1st round picks offers is QB.

That should stop us from trading down for whatever we can get.
    If we are picking top 3, there should be someone still on the board that a team values enough to get a 2,3 and 4th out of.
    the "value" of a 4th rd pick is awfully low.

In Postings example, its that second trade down that might be hard to pull off.
    I would suspect the net from another trade down would be "lite", and may not wind up being advantageous.
    the rookie pay scale has a HUGE impact. Teams have reasonable contracts now. They wont be scared by trading a plethora of picks to take a chance on the guy.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Picks are worth more because contracts are cheaper. Nonetheless we don't go from pick 2 to 26 to pick up a 2nd and 3rd. Ill make a sit but with anyone we will get a better deal trading down just 4-6 slots
    Indeed! When you had to pay potential busts like JaMarcus Russell $66 million, nobody wanted that pick. Now when you are risking half of that for a top prospect, it is well worth it and it has to deminish the value of some top FAs too, since if they ask for too much, then teams can just take their chances in the draft for not as much risk. Saying that, the other post is right too, there is no RG3 or Luck or Julio Jones this year where teams may fall over themselves to move up.

If we can go from the 2nd pick (possibly the first the way this team is playing) down to around 15, and get a second rounder back also, that would be great for us.

In the first round Texas DE Alex Okafor will still be there at 15, or Bama LB CJ Mosely either is an immediate starter on our defense and both look like the real deals.. You get Okafor and move Houston where he belongs at DT.

In the 2nd round Texas DE Jeffcoat may still be on the board depending on the status of his injury. If not, then hopefully Bama RT D.J. Fluker is there. Tell me he won't help the run.

I could see McKenzie using the 3rd rounder to tender RFA CB Sam Shields from the Packers (assuming that is how the Packers tender him)..if it is a 5th rounder, then it is a steal. He is a starter who will command a reasonable salary and he is familiar with him.

In Round 4 I'd look at DE William Gholston from Michigan State as a developmental pass rush guy.

Past there, I'm not going to pretend I've watched enough college football this year to know anyone beside maybe Denard Robinson if he falls to the 5th round as an all around awesome athlete. There are a lot of holes to fill...

Other free agents, I think we pay Minnesota MLB Erin Henderson top dollar to be our prize FA this offseason. He is a great run defender.

I think they take a flyer on Texans DE Connor Barwin as a pass rusher if they don't get one early.

That is really all I see that looks attractive.

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast