Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Mathieu got suspended from the team for smoking weed. He was brought back, at which point, he was suspended again... for smoking weed. Right before the season started, he was thrown off the team... for smoking weed. He made a huge deal out of staying at LSU, where he intended to play football again... until he got arrested... for smoking weed.

Weed related charges, four times in two years? Yeesh.

Even better - at least one of those cases involved 'synthetic' weed. Let's not draft the dude liable to bite someone's face off, eh?

If he could clean up his act, that would be one thing, but four offenses in two years is just ridiculous - especially the last one, when he absolutely needed to have his life straightened out.

He might go undrafted. At some point, he'd be worth the risk... but that's not until the 5th round or so, I'd bet.

vCash
    Thats why I mocked him in the 6th, but to my previous point, a lot of people have anxiety related issues, something like 40 million people, its very very common.People Ive known through the years that smoke weed regularly are better people for it!(LOL)
    I know how un PC that is , but Ive known several people who are so wound up and type A personalities(way outdated theory) that when they have a couple of rips, they actually can kick it for a minute.
    I have one Buddy, who is a Hardass to everyone except when he smokes, then hes patient, understanding, generous, loving, tender...I mean its not like a drunk, all out of context, hes still completely himself, just not as angry all the time.
    Id hate for his kids to live with the guys if he was completely weed free(LOL)

vCash
    I'm a fairly straight-laced guy. I work, pay taxes, contribute to the economy and I've never had a brush with the law. But I do smoke some grass every now and again to take the edge off. There is nothing wrong with it. And based on whats going on in Colorado and Washington, I think the Pot Prohibition is almost at a close.

However, we need to draft guys who'll contribute. We have very little margin for error and McKenzie needs to make damned sure we don't misfire. And that has to be taken into consideration. Even if its unfair, we cannot afford to have our draftees suspended.

-Stork

vCash
    I know its still abit early to talk about draft picks .. but I do want the Raiders to go Mostly Defense. They need a good CB and a good Run Stopper!

I do hope the Raiders can make some trades for picks somewhere...
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    what about khaseem greene out of rutgers?

vCash
    I would just like to know if we are going to run a 4-3 or 3-4 primarily. If we run a 3-4 id like to pick Star Lat. as our NT. For a 4-3 Bjeorn Warner looks like a STUD, they have him mock drafted to the Jags however Jacksonville just picked up Babin so that may change things.

vCash
    did you just say Te'o is a mid round selection? That's WAY off.

The guy is perhaps top 10 worthy, just not top five worthy.

Look at the pass rushers that have been selected years previous who arguably should've been taken higher. This team is hurting more up front although of course it could use a talented LB/leader like Te'o.

But the DL needs to be focused on first. Unless Reggie trades down a couple spots befor4e selecting Te'o...I'll be a bit dissapointed. We need a nose first, but if star's gone then I'd go with Moore.

Crossing my fingers Reggie somehow gets Luis Nix from Notre Dame, though. Has anyone else seen this guy play? BEAST. Best NT I've seen consistently disrupt the LOS and make plays. He's #2 behind Star in my eyes. And could possibly be had in middle/late 1st round...really hard to say right now though.

vCash
    We need a passrusher OLB and a run stopping MLB. I would be happy with either one.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I'm a fairly straight-laced guy. I work, pay taxes, contribute to the economy and I've never had a brush with the law. But I do smoke some grass every now and again to take the edge off. There is nothing wrong with it. And based on whats going on in Colorado and Washington, I think the Pot Prohibition is almost at a close.

However, we need to draft guys who'll contribute. We have very little margin for error and McKenzie needs to make damned sure we don't misfire. And that has to be taken into consideration. Even if its unfair, we cannot afford to have our draftees suspended.

-Stork
    stork is the boss not Rick Ross

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I know for a fact the majority of NFL players smoke weed in the offseason. It's just that honey badger is ********. I think he doesn't fall past the 4th but if he is there in the sixth which I strongly believe he won't be, you take that mother****er. I know one guy who will keep him straight Manti teo. The niners started to build their D around Patrick Willis. We can trade down a couple spots and pick him. I know some of you guys don't feel like taking another MLB after the **** face McClain, but teo is different. The guy has tremendous amount of character, is the most loved Notre dame player of all time by many fans. A predominantly Christian school won't love a guy if they see nothing but good. The guy has had a tremendous year in a year filled of adversity. His grandma died he night before a game and six hours later his girlfriend battling leukemia died. He then had a game to play and he played lights out while in tears. Watching this guys interviews he is the exact we haven't had in years. His play is great. I think he'll be a stud. Nonetheless leadership and character he possesses we need in the worst way. Right now that guy is "Seymour" a lazy **** who rarely practices in the weeks he plays games. I think he only practices in a limited role once a week. He also always nets personal foul calls. That doesn't motivate he players.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Cracks me up when they refer to weed as a performance enhancing drug....ok maybe in a burrito eating contest.

vCash
    ^ they dont refer to weed as a ped its apart of the substance abuse program or whatever its called.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    did you just say Te'o is a mid round selection? That's WAY off.

The guy is perhaps top 10 worthy, just not top five worthy.

Look at the pass rushers that have been selected years previous who arguably should've been taken higher. This team is hurting more up front although of course it could use a talented LB/leader like Te'o.

But the DL needs to be focused on first. Unless Reggie trades down a couple spots befor4e selecting Te'o...I'll be a bit dissapointed. We need a nose first, but if star's gone then I'd go with Moore.

Crossing my fingers Reggie somehow gets Luis Nix from Notre Dame, though. Has anyone else seen this guy play? BEAST. Best NT I've seen consistently disrupt the LOS and make plays. He's #2 behind Star in my eyes. And could possibly be had in middle/late 1st round...really hard to say right now though.
    Sorry Chuck, I meant to write Mid FIRST round(lol).
    We are so far away from being relevant, I hope we trade down and pick up at least a 2nd and 3rd, and take the best available D line or OLB.
    The BIG problem is a lack of MLB in FA this offseason..
    That means that it is a high proirity this draft.

vCash
    We need defense, defense, defense, and more defense

vCash
    Get a LG, RT somewhere in the draft and use the rest of the picks on D. We can add a backup rb and another wr in free agency.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast