Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I have to chime in here. McClain was fast and big and yes, he came from the SEC. The problem is that he CANT make plays. We dont need sexy picks, we need guys who can make tackles. I have said for a long time that we needed a MLB that was good for years. Instead we grab folks like DMC, DHB, etc.
    I said Laurenaitis, Spikes or Angerer were going to be very good. I guess they werent fast enough. I think it was much better to draft DHB.

When you get a chance to draft a game changing LB or franchise OT, you do it in the first 2 rounds. Every good team in the NFL has a game changing LB. We have 0. The really good teams have 2. I guess I am still pissed that we drafted DMC instead of Clady.
    I'm not disagreeing with LB as a HUGE need, but we did draft a MLB. He was never fast, but he was supposedly a 'QB of the defense', 'like a coach on the field'. He didn't pan out. Those guys you mentioned weren't high picks because of how MLBs get undervalued and yes, lack of speed (Spikes notoriously ran his forty in a 5.0). How do you define a game changing LB? I don't think Lauranitis, Spikes or Angerer fit the bill of game-changer.

vCash
    Bingo

vCash
    Krueger is the Defensive end we need. The guy is a beast he's always in the backfield putting constant pressure and has to beat a double team every snap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I have to chime in here. McClain was fast and big and yes, he came from the SEC. The problem is that he CANT make plays. We dont need sexy picks, we need guys who can make tackles. I have said for a long time that we needed a MLB that was good for years. Instead we grab folks like DMC, DHB, etc.
    I said Laurenaitis, Spikes or Angerer were going to be very good. I guess they werent fast enough. I think it was much better to draft DHB.

When you get a chance to draft a game changing LB or franchise OT, you do it in the first 2 rounds. Every good team in the NFL has a game changing LB. We have 0. The really good teams have 2. I guess I am still pissed that we drafted DMC instead of Clady.
    I was livid that Al picked DMC over Dorsey. So ****ing pissed off...and Dorsey has turned out to be the better pro. would have been a staple in the middle of our defense.

vCash
    cheifs have 1 win, so how much has dorsey helped them

vCash
    I would be happy with star L, dt/nt from utah(wont even try to spell last name), or teo though not sold on another top college mlb. Would probably prefer trading down to get get an extra early round pick. We need both quantity and quality.

vCash
    There is only one man that can help lead this turnaround. He does it with his play, & his charachter on and off the field.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdAmb...layer_embedded

vCash
    ^ if we can trade down to around the 6-7th pick and he is there he has to be the pick.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    This has to be the easiest draft for the Raiders. Teams year in and year out struggle with having to get a need or the best player on the board when it comes their turn. The Raiders need help in every fashion. Simple... take the best player on the board when its time to pick.

vCash
    Trade down in first to get a second.
    1st best pass rushing player
    2nd Best CB
    3rd Best OT
    4th Best MLB
    6th trade down for an extra 7th
    6th RB
    7th BPA
    7th BPA

Just my thoughts
    Im sure itll turn out different but I would be happy with something like this.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Jenkins NT and Jarvis Jones their DE are beast for Georgia. They are terrorizing Alabamas OL.

vCash
    It will be great if the raiders end up with a top 3 pick trade down to 6-8 pick up a second this year a first next year. Select Manti as he is the guy we need. Great player, has faced adversity, great character, has a strong Faith, is humble, and is a great motivator

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    There is only one man that can help lead this turnaround. He does it with his play, & his charachter on and off the field.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdAmb...layer_embedded
    Great Video!

TyvonBranch

vCash
    here is another mock with a different focus:
    1st rd-trade down pick up 2,3,4
    1st Rd- Dee millner CB-alabama(in this scenario, I sign grimes or Jammer in FA and have two starters on the corners.
    2nd rd-chase thomas olb stanford
    3rd rd-kalid thomas-c-usc
    3rd-kyle Long-ot-Oregon
    4th-Joe Faurina-TE-UCLA
    4th-Daniel Mccullers-DT-Tenn
    6th-tyrann Mathieu-cb-lsu
    7th-CJ Barnett-FS-Ohio ST

in this scenario , we would need a FA DE ,DT,MLB
    I would sign Osi umenyora,Glen dorsey,and Brian Urlacher...2-3 year deals that had guarentees for only the first two, and look to focus drafting for their replacements in 14-15

vCash
    Mathieu in the 6th would be some pretty sharp value. But Osi's a douche and Urlacher is old AND hurt. No thanks.

Is McCullers a run stuffer? I'd really....really like to find ourselves an immovable object for the middle of the d-line. Unfortunately, I've watched very little college ball this season.

-Stork

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast