Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    I'm not getting the Nassib love. Solid college QB, not so much a great pro prospect in my eyes. He's a limited player physically from what I've seen. His throwing motion is unimpressive, short-arms passes, can't get the kind of velocity or accuracy downfield you need in the NFL that way. Future backup, not worth anything more than a fourth if you already have an established starter. Kirk Cousins was more impressive in this past draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    I'm not getting the Nassib love. Solid college QB, not so much a great pro prospect in my eyes. He's a limited player physically from what I've seen. His throwing motion is unimpressive, short-arms passes, can't get the kind of velocity or accuracy downfield you need in the NFL that way. Future backup, not worth anything more than a fourth if you already have an established starter. Kirk Cousins was more impressive in this past draft.
    The fact that you talked about his accuracy proves you haven't watched him. He's the most accurate Qb in the draft

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    @ pab...Im not at all impressed with this years crop of QBs.
    The one guy who has a full body of work to evaluate appears to be the weakest of the group(Barkley).I would stay away from QB.

Im with you on DL and there a enough "blue chip" prospects to allow us to move down.

DE goes 8 or 9 deep
    DT goes 5 deep.
    I think there will be a 'great" option at 10-13 that will give us a pick or two.there are some great options that should be available in the second and third...I really like both of the cradinals Linebackers...Chase thomas and shayne skov...the cardinals have the #1 rush D in Division 1...also Joseph fauria the TE from UCLA is a probow talent..6-7 260 soft hands, runs like a wr.
    I would reach for that kid if I had too, his up side is through the roof.
    The problem is everyone talks about trading down....but who is the player that another team is trading up to get...and can we be sure that this player isn't a " blue chip" player...how did not trading down not taking julio jones help the browns?...they are probably a legit wr away from winning a lot of their games this year

I haven't seen him play all that much but I must admit I am intrigued by barkley some..if you were ranking all the qbs to come out over the past 3 4 years is barkley not in the top 5?

vCash
    @ posting I havent watched the Cuse.
    His stats look impressive, I tend to look at two factors when judging a QB prospect.

Is he coming from a TRUE pro system?
    Ive heard many programs described as "pro" that arent.Does he play from under center?
    Does he have check downs and audilbes?
    does he utilize the route tree?
    Most College QBs have a single primary option,and the play is designed to draw a defense away from "THE" guy.
    Thats nowhere near a pro system.
    Thats why barkley will still go higher then probably any othjer QB.
    Its not just how many targets youve completed to, its where on your tree the target was.
    completing to a third or fourth check down is what you want to see.
    The other factor is competition.
    His numbers look good, Ill defer to you on the other stuff, cuz I havent really seen him play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    The fact that you talked about his accuracy proves you haven't watched him. He's the most accurate Qb in the draft
    I didn't question his accuracy against big east teams, it's great. I have watched him, not enough, just enough to know I wouldn't be happy with him in the 2nd or 3rd round. The NFL is a much different animal than the big east. The arm talent isn't there to wing it down field with speed and accuracy when the windows get tighter. Graham Harrell was the most accurate QB in his draft class, too, but he had the same problem as Nassib - closed in throwing motion, lack of pure arm talent. He's going to have a harder time seeing the field than other QBs in this class.

vCash
    @ Pab..You certainly nailed a big questionmark going into this draft..who is there that will entice someone to want to trade....I cant answer that.
    I dont see this years RG3 anywhere.
    But even if it were a matter of two or three spots that only netted an aditional third that would still be helpful.

RE: Barkley, anytime a guy can handle a true pro system like SC runs, and do it well, it speaks to GMs a lot more then huge numbers, that for sure.
    Ultimately for me, despite his success, I think he has benefitted from two 1st rounders out wide.I mean thats almost unheard of.
    woods will go top 20 and Lee was in the heisman chase...Lee put up 1000 all purpose yards in two games!! thats just filthy.
    I personally thought Sanchez, leinart,and Palmer were all better natural talents then Barkley.
    If he can be a game manager..he will be successful, but I dont see him lighhting up the elague.

vCash
    Come on wolfe...I want the whole PIZZA PIE!!!
    give me your draft, your cuts, your FAs!!!
    I know i can count on you not to give me a probowl roster of ridiculous trades that will never happen.

Let me see you fanatsy GM skills at work(LOl)...like i said, its not like we have a play off run to keep us entertained....take an hour or two and give me something to read.....
    LMAO...Thanks for the vote of confidence in the fact that I am not a total dreamer. I'll think about it, but it's so early it's hard to contemplatefor me. I haven't even completed all the research on who I like yet.

vCash
    @ Pab..You certainly nailed a big questionmark going into this draft..who is there that will entice someone to want to trade....I cant answer that.
    I dont see this years RG3 anywhere.
    But even if it were a matter of two or three spots that only netted an aditional third that would still be helpful.

RE: Barkley, anytime a guy can handle a true pro system like SC runs, and do it well, it speaks to GMs a lot more then huge numbers, that for sure.
    Ultimately for me, despite his success, I think he has benefitted from two 1st rounders out wide.I mean thats almost unheard of.
    woods will go top 20 and Lee was in the heisman chase...Lee put up 1000 all purpose yards in two games!! thats just filthy.
    I personally thought Sanchez, leinart,and Palmer were all better natural talents then Barkley.
    If he can be a game manager..he will be successful, but I dont see him lighhting up the elague.
    I think his ceiling is higher than that..expectations have just been tempered by the ineffectiveness of usc qbs recently...but we'll see..just wanted to see your veiw on it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    I didn't question his accuracy against big east teams, it's great. I have watched him, not enough, just enough to know I wouldn't be happy with him in the 2nd or 3rd round. The NFL is a much different animal than the big east. The arm talent isn't there to wing it down field with speed and accuracy when the windows get tighter. Graham Harrell was the most accurate QB in his draft class, too, but he had the same problem as Nassib - closed in throwing motion, lack of pure arm talent. He's going to have a harder time seeing the field than other QBs in this class.
    Most scouts are impressed with his mechanics and throwing motion. Nontheless, The knock on Aaron Rodgers was his throwing motion too

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Nassib? For real?

Give me a break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Nassib? For real?

Give me a break.
    What about him? You don't think it's suspect that Reggie gave Palmer an extension where no money is guaranteed so we can cut Palmer with no cap hit? Almost every gm brings his own Qb he couldn't last year because we were over the cap and had a lack of pics

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    So umm that Te'o guy is looking more like the pick with RoMac out.

Silver & Mack

vCash
    No.
    I would be surprised to see RM targeting anyone at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    So umm that Te'o guy is looking more like the pick with RoMac out.
    That was my first thought.

Then I realized that our defense is terrible and we should draft based off of best available talent. Especially since we need help at every single layer of defense, or even offense at that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Most scouts are impressed with his mechanics and throwing motion. Nontheless, The knock on Aaron Rodgers was his throwing motion too
    I just go off what I see, Jack.

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast