Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    Strengths......

LT, C, QB, TE, WR, FB, Dline asside from a lights out pass rusher, OLB, SS, CB Bartell/ Hanson and Huff played well minus Giordano blowing coverage over the top on both touchdowns. Our biggest issue is Knapp not knowing how to manage a ball game.
    You've got an overly optimistic view of our roster...imo.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    ^^ I think DA has fire. Fire isn't the problem IMO.

The lack of talent defensively and misuse of what talent offensively we have is the problem.
    I agree that talent is a major issue, nonetheless I don't see Allen as the man to bring this team out of the crap hole we've been in the last decade. However, I hope he proves me wrong for the sake of all Raider fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistix View Post
    I agree that talent is a major issue, nonetheless I don't see Allen as the man to bring this team out of the crap hole we've been in the last decade. However, I hope he proves me wrong for the sake of all Raider fans.
    Next season will be a telling year. I'll have a lot more confidence in him if he (first & foremost) gets rid of Knapp.

vCash
    Defense defense defense...
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Next season will be a telling year. I'll have a lot more confidence in him if he (first & foremost) gets rid of Knapp.
    He should do that first thing tomorrow morning!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    He should do that first thing tomorrow morning!
    I'd love to see it happen

vCash
    Trade DMC for a 3rd and 5th. Trade Kelly for a 5th. Cut seymour no one is taking that contract. Cut mcclain(dont want him to think he's worth the 7th rounder we'll get for him) trade DHB for a 5th. Reconstructure Huff, Palmer.

DE: Houston/Shaughnessy/FA- Start Houston or shaughnessy depending on who plays better 3-4 DE.
    NT: 2nd Round-trade a 3rd and 2 5ths for this pick/Bring in Franklin
    DE: Bryant/Shaughnessy/FA

OLB: 1st round pick- theres going to be a lot of these guys/FA
    ILB: Burris/Curry
    ILB: Wheeler/FA
    OLB: FA(use the money from trading those dudes for a nice player here)-Conner Barwin or Anthony Spencer

CB- 3rd round pick
    FS- 5th pick(this years gem?)
    SS- Branch
    cb huff

Take a RB in the 6th, bring in a but load of udfa and we'll find a guy to plug.

Other than that sign an a couple of vet offensive linemen.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    You've got an overly optimistic view of our roster...imo.

-Stork
    Not really.

I don't think Oakland has a terrible roster, the team just has massive holes in a few spot.

At this point, it's really simple - the Raiders need 3-4 starters (G / T / LB / CB) to shore those weaknesses up.

The lack of a pass rush is mitigated with better coverage. The run game weaknesses are improved with just one interior lineman who can do their job. The run defense is improved with a better MLB, etc etc...

In many cases, I think players like DHB will be replaced by players like Criner; players like McClain get replaced by players like Phillip Wheeler; so on and so forth.

A few more Rod Streater / Phillip Wheeler / Miles Burris types will be added to the roster, and I imagine they'll be positive additions. Next year's roster will look very different, but that's not going to be a big issue as far as I'm concerned.

vCash
    I might be off my rocker, but I see Seymour and McClain as being more attractive to other teams than McFadden or Kelly....or Heyward-Bey for that matter.

And I want no part of Michael Huff anymore. He's got to go.

-Stork

vCash
    Minimums 2 new starters on DL, 1 new starter MLB, 1 new starting safety, one new starting CB. One new starting OG, one new starting OT. You can make a case for RB and WR.

These are minimums.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Not really.

I don't think Oakland has a terrible roster, the team just has massive holes in a few spot.

At this point, it's really simple - the Raiders need 3-4 starters (G / T / LB / CB) to shore those weaknesses up.

The lack of a pass rush is mitigated with better coverage. The run game weaknesses are improved with just one interior lineman who can do their job. The run defense is improved with a better MLB, etc etc...

In many cases, I think players like DHB will be replaced by players like Criner; players like McClain get replaced by players like Phillip Wheeler; so on and so forth.

A few more Rod Streater / Phillip Wheeler / Miles Burris types will be added to the roster, and I imagine they'll be positive additions. Next year's roster will look very different, but that's not going to be a big issue as far as I'm concerned.
    Then we disagree. 3-4 starters...thats all? We're going to need far more than that to get back in the mix. Maybe 3-4 starters on both sides of the ball...to start.

-Stork

vCash
    imo we need anywhere from 7-10 new starters.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    For Allen to have a chance to be HC again, he should fire his entire staff.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    We gotta take the best available player on the board regardless of position. OT.RB.WR.C.S.LB. dont matter. We could upgrade at all positions on this team.

vCash
    ^ RB or WR should not be taken in the first round. lets not be stupid again.

Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast