Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    ^ because people are really high on palmer, and aren't ready to move on from that horrendous trade. Face it, it was a horrible trade and whether we move on now or in 3 years it doesn't matter. palmer wont win us a superbowl. Palmer has only one playoff win i believe, horrendous trade. now i like palmer, best we've had since gannon. However, that doesn't say much my jr college qb can be the best we've had since gannon. We need our franchise qb. palmer is already declining dont want to see him in 2-3 years.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I totally agree with you Palmer isn't winning us a Super Bowl and it was a bad trade and I am definitely ready to move on holding onto regret is negative energy I want to see us gain as many picks as possible and grabbing a good young Qb in the draft. But first we need to address both lines.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    I'm not sure why there is such a strong contingency pushing for a QB. It literally makes no sense. The QB class this year is weak, we have yet to get a solid look at Pryor (doubt he'll pan but we did use a 3rd rounder on him, might as well give him a chance before dumping him), and we have so many GLARING needs that it would seem pointless to waste the pick on a player that won't even contribute until at least 2 years down the road.

This draft should be used solely to rebuild the D and maybe add to the O-line. We don't have a second rounder at this point so every pick needs to be used extremely wisely.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    For everyone wanting to move on from Palmer...who do you expect to see in his position to play better...Pryor...Lienhart?(sp?) Because if that's the case, then expect another 4-12 season next year and the season after that.

Pryor is garbage, and is only here for maybe a trick play or two. Hell, he doesn't even suit up for the freaking games, that's the confidence the coaching staff has in him...geez!

You then will say," lets draft one." Who in this years draft is worth a top 5 pick? This draft has a Brady Quinn/Jamarcus Russell feel to it in which all the QBs suck but you feel like you have to draft one. The only guy that looks the part is Klien, and forget that at top 5.

I hope we keep Palmer one more season, the guy is playing hard, but this aweful team makes it seem like it's him. It could be a combination of sorry *** players and coaching scheme, but he's put up numbers with guy like DHB and Brandon Myers for goodness sakes!

He might not win us a Super Bowl, but what he can do is win this franchise some games once this coaching staff puts the right people in place. Winning even at 8-8 will place confidence in the young players to move forward, but you place a Pryor in there, then expect more of the same.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think moving away from Palmer now is the best idea but we need to look at our future and slowly start putting it together. also I want to re-empthasize the only way I want to see Wb selected with a draft pick is if we are able to add a bunch of picks via trade.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    For everyone wanting to move on from Palmer...who do you expect to see in his position to play better...Pryor...Lienhart?(sp?) Because if that's the case, then expect another 4-12 season next year and the season after that.

Pryor is garbage, and is only here for maybe a trick play or two. Hell, he doesn't even suit up for the freaking games, that's the confidence the coaching staff has in him...geez!

You then will say," lets draft one." Who in this years draft is worth a top 5 pick? This draft has a Brady Quinn/Jamarcus Russell feel to it in which all the QBs suck but you feel like you have to draft one. The only guy that looks the part is Klien, and forget that at top 5.

I hope we keep Palmer one more season, the guy is playing hard, but this aweful team makes it seem like it's him. It could be a combination of sorry *** players and coaching scheme, but he's put up numbers with guy like DHB and Brandon Myers for goodness sakes!

He might not win us a Super Bowl, but what he can do is win this franchise some games once this coaching staff puts the right people in place. Winning even at 8-8 will place confidence in the young players to move forward, but you place a Pryor in there, then expect more of the same.

I don't disagree at all

However, he costs 13mil. If Reggie does not see this team going anywhere next year, then I could see him moving through Palmer to get his guy in the draft. Granted, I'd rather have a young guy learn under Palmer, but I also would not mind seeing the extra 13mil for the 2014 season and 7 mil next to fix the lines. Palmer is not the problem, but then again...any QB will look better behind a monster OL. His contract is the issue IMO.

vCash
    ^ agreed. Good post bro
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    The issue isn't palmer..it really has to do with the lack of belief in this years qbs.....if ppl thought there was a luck or rg3 in this years draft everyone would be looking to replace palmer in a heartbeat

vCash
    raiders first pick will probably be a senior, consistant high performer, love of football, hard worker, and potentially strong faith base.....who does that sound like to you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    raiders first pick will probably be a senior, consistant high performer, love of football, hard worker, and potentially strong faith base.....who does that sound like to you
    My mom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I don't disagree at all

However, he costs 13mil. If Reggie does not see this team going anywhere next year, then I could see him moving through Palmer to get his guy in the draft. Granted, I'd rather have a young guy learn under Palmer, but I also would not mind seeing the extra 13mil for the 2014 season and 7 mil next to fix the lines. Palmer is not the problem, but then again...any QB will look better behind a monster OL. His contract is the issue IMO.
    We have bigger problems right now. Since this is the draft thread I will list NO second pick as a problem. If we spend our first pick on a QB when we don't need one, it will be the third round before we can fill a spot that we truly need ie Pass Rusher, Cornerback, Offense Tackle, Defensive Tackle. Then we are in the same boat as last year. I am truly hoping RM can get us some an additional picks, but I am willing to stick with Palmer for the next four years or so. Perhaps we can get one of these Freshman star QB's when they come out. This year, i don't want any of the QBs and I still want to see what Pryor has to offer. Three or four years grooming, maybe he will be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    True, but if you can get someone in the second or third round, keep them on the sidelines for a year or two...

The Raiders tried desperately to get Colin Kaepernick. I liked him coming out - now I remember why.

He's good. And his athleticism will allow him to avoid making major mistakes when he doesn't need to.

I hope like hell Terrell Pryor can develop into something worth keeping.
    I think we have that developemental QB in Pryor. Time is on his side. Palmer is a very good QB. It's poor line play, lack of experience at WR, weak running game, and most of all HORRIBLE defensive play that make people want to behead him. Yes, defensive play. When we are trailing by 3 TD's it puts him and the entire offense in a jam, pass pass pass. defenses key on that. I wouldn't be upset if we got the best OT in the draft with our first pick, but to tell you the truth I want a CB or DE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    We have bigger problems right now. Since this is the draft thread I will list NO second pick as a problem. If we spend our first pick on a QB when we don't need one, it will be the third round before we can fill a spot that we truly need ie Pass Rusher, Cornerback, Offense Tackle, Defensive Tackle. Then we are in the same boat as last year. I am truly hoping RM can get us some an additional picks, but I am willing to stick with Palmer for the next four years or so. Perhaps we can get one of these Freshman star QB's when they come out. This year, i don't want any of the QBs and I still want to see what Pryor has to offer. Three or four years grooming, maybe he will be good.
    Again...I do not disagree.

But 13mil is a lot if we do not see him as the future and he is not willing to restructure. On a team with a million holes, that money would serve us well this year and especially next. IMO, he is not worth 13 million. I do not think he is our biggest problem by any means, but i also do not see us getting anywhere with him next year. It's a crappy situation to be in, thanks to Hue.

In four years Palmer will not be in the NFL, my guess is by the end of next year he may not be a starter bro. He would need the OL from Dallas in the 90's and Terrell Davis to be successful. Too many INT's and errant throws.

vCash
    FYI...my wet dream draft would have RM trading down and picking two OL in the first...with the rest of FA and the draft on defense and a vet WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Manti teo

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast