vCash

Draft Thread

We don't have a second rd draft choice.

vCash
    i no that im just asking if we should jump back in if he was just a thought

TyvonBranch

vCash

Draft Thread

Well, that would be awesome if we can get Barkley in the second on a trade, I wouldn't complain about that.

vCash
    Say no to USC QB's....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Say no to USC QB's....
    this, but ill still wont be opposed to take a qb in the 3rd or 4th this year. like i've said i dont want the team built and then carson on his last footsteps when we look for a qb which will ruin our chances in the future.

I'll love to have
    Nassib
    Murray
    Glennon

In that order.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Say no to USC QB's....
    Say "yes" if he's available in the second round.

Roster management is all about cost / benefit analysis; it's also about resource allocation. For a second rounder - no idea how Oakland would manage to get one - the Raiders might pick up a franchise caliber QB.

Personally, I'm not high on Barkley, but if he falls, the Raiders could do worse.

But, then again, if the Raiders pick up a second round pick, there are a lot of positions they could improve...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Roster management is all about cost / benefit analysis; it's also about resource allocation. For a second rounder - no idea how Oakland would manage to get one - the Raiders might pick up a franchise caliber QB.

Personally, I'm not high on Barkley, but if he falls, the Raiders could do worse.

But, then again, if the Raiders pick up a second round pick, there are a lot of positions they could improve...
    barkley is going top 5. Teams reach on Qbs.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    barkley is going top 5. Teams reach on Qbs.
    We'll see.

Aaron Rodgers was the #1 pick... until he wasn't. The tumble he took was absolutely epic to watch, and Matt Barkley isn't anywhere near as good as Rodgers was coming out of college.

I don't expect Barkley to get out of the top-10, but you just never know.

On an unrelated note, I remember being terrified Oakland was going to take Aaron Rodgers when they traded up while he was still on the board. I was certain he wasn't going to be good in the NFL.

Some memories are better the others, lol. I can't even imagine what Oakland could have done with Aaron Rodgers, especially if they still hired Art Shell in '06 and went 2-14 -- which would have netted them Calvin Johnson...

vCash
    Players situations dictate who they are...rodgers would have failed here just like everyone else..I can't imagine he would have survived behind that offensive line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Players situations dictate who they are...rodgers would have failed here just like everyone else..I can't imagine he would have survived behind that offensive line
    From 09-11 the packers had a horrible oline he was up there as most sacked almost 3 years. Aaron Rodgers will succeed anywhere

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Our quarterback is one if the few bright spots we have to draft smarter than that
    NT, LB, DE, RT, OG, FS, RB somehow some way we have to add good players in tose positions. A few things effect that list too like how Bergstrom develops and if Huff stays at CB. I think we can wait until late in the draft or maybe even skip QB, Palmer has some life left. The only way I would be okay with a QB is if we get a pass rusher, a stud OG, RT and a NT first. I hope we manage to get close to 10 picks with trading away current players and maybe even trading down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    From 09-11 the packers had a horrible oline he was up there as most sacked almost 3 years. Aaron Rodgers will succeed anywhere
    Their oline wasn't that bad...rodgers just held the ball in order to make big plays..which he still does to this day...let's also not forget that rodgers self admittedly spent his 3 years oon the bench changng his mechanics and learning from observing farve...had he come here he would have started right away and got beaten to a pulp on bad teams with no weapons around him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Uhh NO

Stupid is stupid

You can't fix stupid...

The guy will not make it in the NFL period. Not only that, but assuming we keep Palmer, there is no way in hell we should spend a 2nd via trade on a QB. When are people going to realize USC is a breeding ground for bust QB's.....

vCash
    The QB we really need will be eligible in two more years, Brett Hundley...Until then, we build the rest of the team and use Carson as a stop gap. Although, I would like if we restructured his contract to make it a little more cap friendly.

vCash
    That what IM SAAAAYYYYYYINNNN!!

Hundley has HOF potential.

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast