Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    I'm with that 3-4 plan.

vCash
    Me too.

vCash
    If our roster supports the change then I would support it, but there is no magic pill for poor play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Disagree, especially if Oakland moves to a 3-4 defense.

I'm starting to think the Raiders should draft a NT, keep McClain at MLB and move to a 3-4 defense. The move to a 3-4 will help the pass coverage, since there are fewer 'big bodies' and more athleticism in coverage, especially in a zone.

I think Houston fits the bill as a 3-4 DE, which is probably the hardest 3-4 position to fill. With McClain, Burris, Wheeler and possibly Curry, it's not out of the question that a NT and someone to play the other DE would make the Raiders a viable 3-4 defense.

Time will tell...

The problem with that is McClain Sucks, Curry cant stay healthy. We need 2 ILBs, 2 NTs(cuz you cant go into a season with just one), we need two corners, a RT and a RB. That is alot to ask.

Right now with a 4-3. We need a MLB, 2 Corners, a RT and a RB. Alot less needs to fill.

That means we at least have to fill 6 critical spots to move to 3-4.
    In a 4-3, we would need to only fill 3 critical spots.

It makes sense that we WILL realistically be able to fill 3 critical defensive spots along with gettin a RB and an OL, than us gettin 6 critical defensive spots along with a RB and an OL. It makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    The problem with that is McClain Sucks, Curry cant stay healthy. We need 2 ILBs, 2 NTs(cuz you cant go into a season with just one), we need two corners, a RT and a RB. That is alot to ask.

Right now with a 4-3. We need a MLB, 2 Corners, a RT and a RB. Alot less needs to fill.

It makes sense that we WILL realistically be able to fill 3 critical defensive spots along with gettin a RB and an OL, than us gettin 6 critical defensive spots along with a RB and an OL. It makes sense.
    I think McClain could succeed in a 3-4 defense.

I also think more LB's will help to mitigate the faulty pass coverage in the back end.

I'm fine either way, I'm just thinking a 3-4 defense might be better in the longer term. We'll see if Allen / McKenzie agree with me.

vCash
    McClain would be better in a 3-4 defense but I hate what I've seen from him in terms of his drive and hustle on the field. I hear he's great in the film room and with the players but the guy needs to hustle a little bit more.

If he comes back at a reduced salary, fine. Could be great depth.

But I'm not sure that's in the cards at this point.

vCash
    Keep Wiz, Veldheer,Palmer, Mcfadden, Meyers, Moore, Streeter, Crinor, Reece, Burris, Wheeler, Houston, Shawnessy, Ausberry, Huff, Bartell, Branch, Gaither, Curry and Jano do whatever we can to upgrade the rest!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    Keep Wiz, Veldheer,Palmer, Mcfadden, Meyers, Moore, Streeter, Crinor, Reece, Burris, Wheeler, Houston, Shawnessy, Ausberry, Huff, Bartell, Branch, Gaither, Curry and Jano do whatever we can to upgrade the rest!
    nope he's a goner.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    i think we see a big improvement after a season where reggie actually has something to work with build off of moore, dhb,myers,wiz,veldheer,bryant,houston,wheeler,burr is,branch,burris and then have guys like streater, criner,crawford,bilikudi etc take the next step.

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersrock99 View Post
    i think we see a big improvement after a season where reggie actually has something to work with build off of moore, dhb,myers,wiz,veldheer,bryant,houston,wheeler,burris,b ranch,burris and then have guys like streater, criner,crawford,bilikudi etc take the next step.

In 2013 DHB will be 10,601,000 cap hit. he wont even be back if that was 5 million. DHB is a GONER

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    The more i see him play the more i fall in love with teo. I really hope we get the 3rd overall pick so we can trade down to 5-6 for the team that just really needs say jones or one of the qbs at 3 and gives us a 2nd and another first in return. then teo falls to us. that will be my new dream draft. Teo can be our willis. if your mlb is elite, your defense is that much better. if we can trade down knowing we can get him and still pick up a 2nd and/or more that will be amazing. take him, take a pass rusher in the 2nd, nt 3rd. bam run D fixed once and for all.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Everyones saying we need to trade the pick for more picks, but I don't see anyone worth any team trading up for.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

Ummm... Our 4-3 has just as many critical spots to fill

We need two DE's, two DT's and a new MLB. Kelly and Seymour need to be gone, Houston moved inside, a new NT, new DE to replace Houston, new DT for depth, and a new DE to replace Shaughnessy.

3-4 we have the ability to hedge McClain (whom I agree sucks donkey ****) into role playing position. We have 3 DE's in Houston, Bryant, and Shaugnessy that could play in 3-4, and could easily pickup two NT's in the offseason. Given RN's ability to find two decent LB starters in year one, my guess is he will be able to do so again in year two, and by year three have the depth needed to succeed.

I see no reason why a switch next year would be any worse then we are now. I'd much rather see it ASAP then wait. It's time for us to join to big boy club and run a real defense in Oak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Everyones saying we need to trade the pick for more picks, but I don't see anyone worth any team trading up for.
    That's because you are not an NFL executive.

No offense, but when it comes to draft day, that conversation will much more meaningful. There is always someone looking to move up and get their blue chip. I hope to God RM trades down several times. I'd honestly rather have two 2nds this year then one first and no 2nd. If we can keep a first and get a second or third, do it all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    In 2013 DHB will be 10,601,000 cap hit. he wont even be back if that was 5 million. DHB is a GONER
    As someone whom was stoked about him this year....

GONG

BYE BYE *****

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast