Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Kelly was tradeable and DMC is tradeable. That's about it.

No one's gonna take on Seymour or Huff's contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    What if someone needs one of them for the here and now and offers you something juicy for one or more of them?

We're in flux, no one should be safe.

-Stork
    There does come a point where you need to build around something.

Moore, Reece, Streater, Criner, Wiz, Veldheer, Bergstrom, Bryant, Houston, Burris... that's it. That's your foundation. The entire roster gets built around those few players.

Sparse, to be sure, but you need a starting point. I think players like Goodson, Myers, Hagan, Wheeler, Branch and Jano can make positive contributions, and should be kept into 2013.

Anyone debating Palmer is insane, IMO... he's the presumptive starter until Reggie finds someone better or he physically falls apart.

Considering a team takes 45 active into every game, even my 'sunny' viewpoint on the roster is fairly dire.

Trust Reggie to bring more Streater / Wheeler / Burris types with fewer Brisel's... and hope for the best.

The 2013 roster can be substantially better, but it's almost certainly going to be drastically different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I think Palmer, Veldheer, Wiz, Jano, Moore, Burris are all safe.
    I would agree with that list. Carson is still younger than Rich Gannon was when Oakland acquired him prior to the 1999 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    I can't cheer to lose. I just can't watch and hope my Raiders keep making mistakes.

It just seems so unnatural. I can't.

AJ
    I totally agree.. How can you root for yor beloved team to lose games.. Idc if we get a 15th round pic. If you know anything about football you know foundations of a team come from mid round picks

vCash
    Dream offseason

Create Cap Space- Cut Mcclain, Reconstructure huff and palmer. trade dmc for a 3rd and a 5th, dhb for a 5th, big rich for a 4th and kelly for a 5th.

Hopefully we can finish in the top 5. With that trade down to around say pick 10 and pick up a 2nd this year and another 1st for 2014. we wont have our own pick do to the curry trade.

Draft
    Top Ten pick- Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
    2nd round-Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    3rd round-Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
    Trade a 4th and one of the 3 5ths to move back up into the third
    3rd round-Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    4th round from seymour trade- Jonathan Bostic, ILB, Florida
    5th round-Sam Schwartzstein, C, Stanford
    5th round-Michael Dyer RB, Arkansas State= worth the risk here because its just character issues with him, if it wasn't for that he is easily at least a 2nd rounder.
    7th round- bpa

Free agency
    See if nnamdi comes back for a decent contract make him FS- keep huff at CB only at a reduced contract. Nnamdi can play the woodson role. let him come back he's struggling but if we can get him for 4-6 million we should bring him in.

Brent Grimes we need a CB badly. bartell and spencer are goners. grimes was hurt but hes the best cb out there and we just need a cb plain and simple.

Let briesel go bring in Andy Levitre (BUF) - OG

Have dyer and goodson be the backs bring in danny woodhead for cheap. he is a nice catcher out the back field and good returner if needed.

for WR bring in Ramses barden for cheap. he is a big body and i loved him coming out.

WR with moore, streater, ford, criner, hagan is fine just bring in Barden. myers has become a great TE. Palmer and his wrs well get better as the line gets better. moore will be ready for his number 1 spot, i really like streater and feel like he'll come on.

I would love for some of this to happen, if it all happens you each need to pay me 100 bucks because that will be freaky.
    Last edited by raiderposting; 11-14-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Stock picks! Stock picks! Stock picks!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I would agree with that list. Carson is still younger than Rich Gannon was when Oakland acquired him prior to the 1999 season.
    Yes, he is. This statistically is one of his best seasons. If that is an indication of what he can do, imagine what our offense will look like with a running game, more experience under the WRs' belts, an OL that is working together and familiarity in scheme, not to mention the continuity. I am encouraged rather than totally down on this team.

vCash
    I agree...I can not and will not EVER root against the Raiders winning. To even think that is so wrong, to speak those words of derision is blasphemous profanity. I couldn't even fathom the idea. Shame on you who dare utter such filth.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 11-14-2012 at 12:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Kelly was tradeable and DMC is tradeable. That's about it.

No one's gonna take on Seymour or Huff's contracts.
    They would have a cut in pay or no job at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I agree...I can not and will not EVER root against the Raiders winning. To even think that wrong, to speak those words of derision is blasphemous profanity. I couldn't even fathom the idea. Shame on you who dare utter such filth.
    cool story bro

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    cool story bro
    Thanks

vCash
    i made this thread so people can post their mocks lol

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash

Reggie McKenzie on Drafting players

"You have to make sure they really love the game and make sure that they're good football players. Then all of the other stuff, how they test, how they play, what kind of skills they have, that all plays a part in how you evaluate them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    i made this thread so people can post their mocks lol
    How's that workin' out for 'ya?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I'm hoping they trade down and accumulate picks...but whoever we take, we need to make sure he's an intelligent, motivated football player with high character.

We'll turn the corner when we have more of these kinds of guys and less athletes.

-Stork
    Agreed.Also Reggie McKenzie always tends to like to pick the best player available.

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast