Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    all arguements aside, hopefully the recent news about seymours contract and mcclain is true. Its sure too be an interesting offseason and this time Reggie has a chance to do something. We were in the worst possible situation last year. Its like expecting obama in 2008 to come in for bush and fix the USA in 6 months.
    Not 6 months, but fixed in 4 years would have been nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    You can repeat it 1000 times and it doesnt make it any more real.
    RM had as much leeway as he needed.

He chose to nuthug Mcclain, and most people in here went right along cuz RM said so..he gave Branch a HUGE deal and the nation said way to go Buddy, he allowed satele to walk ,moved wiz to center , moved carlisle to the left side of the line(he had been a career RG) and signed probably the worst FA signing in the entire league in Bresiel.
    He picked a rookie HC for no reason, allowed for a offensive philosophy change, for no reason, hired a rookie DC, for no reason.

The defense we have is missing exactly 4 players from last year.
    Wimbley who was terrible in coverage and mediocre against the Run,Routt who was one of the worst CB statsitically, CJ who isnt in the league today, and Curry who got injured.

so to what do you attribute this handcuff on RM being?
    He couldve kept CJ,so we are down to an Injured OLB, who was replaced by a more talented and effective rookie,and another replaced by an equally more effective player.

On offense he returned everyone except Boss who didnt do much, Bush who was a B/U, and Satele...If you want to support his regime cool, but please stop making that ridiculous excuse about poor RM had nothing to work with.

I can list a dozen players that were easily available since RM came to town including our own Stevie Brown who is second in the league in INTS.

EJ henderson is still on the couch,Jim Leonard ,and James farrior were available for a hell of a long time,Shockey,Tommie harris,Plaxico Buress, even Haynesworth...if he had wanted any of those guys he coulda signed them to a two or three year deal with the vet Min. for 2012 and a guarenteed portion for 2013 to sweeten the deal...Im so tired of reading people excuse his incompetence, he has stunk this year, so has DA, GK, and JT.
    They have sucked.
    and with Philly and Carolina winning,. we are now one loss away from the second pick in the draft with the only team worse then us being the jags...well done sir, well done.
    All those players you named Like Farrior and Buress, etc. aren't worth the money to bringing in. Most of them are over the hill or not worth the headache they would bring, or just not that good. RM is going to follow the Green Bay model and have mostly home grown talent to build this team. 45 of the 53 player roster on Green Bay are players that Green Bay drafted or signed as undraftred rookie free agents. This is the model RM will follow. Its not going to get fixed over night.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 12-10-2012 at 01:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Not 6 months, but fixed in 4 years would have been nice.
    not to bring in politics but i wasn't endorsing obama lol. im just saying i don't how raider fans think this team could have been fixed in the horrible situation we were in in just one offseason.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    not to bring in politics but i wasn't endorsing obama lol. im just saying i don't how raider fans think this team could have been fixed in the horrible situation we were in in just one offseason.
    I agree raiderposting, the previous regime left this team in a hot mess, and it won't get fixed overnight. I have no doubt that next year will be better then this and the following year will be even better yet. The Raiders will get there.

vCash
    My dream scenario: trade our 2nd over all pick (assuming the chiefs beat us this week) to the cardinals/bills so they could draft either tyler wilson or barkley, and we draft manti teo with their 8th over all pick while also attaing their second round pick =]
    Last edited by SDraiders619; 12-10-2012 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    LOL,
    Ok guys, I guess you need to cling to something.
    There are plenty of teams that go without a 1st rd pick and dont drop off a 9 in a row losing streak to end the season ,while at the same time almost tying the 100 year record of sucking on defense by giving up more points then anyone...EVER.

Those "guYs" might have helped win a game or two, I will never understand why some of you act like signing a player for a year is a TERRIBLE idea if hes older? It makes no sense..Were thinking of the future...how you build the team.... you build a team to win. Period.You worry about next year , next year.
    Bad contracts aside, there no reason we couldnt have signed Shockey or others to a league min for year one and a little guarenteed money for year two that would allow us to cut him if he didnt produce and just eat a couple of Mill.
    We are going to eat a bunch more then that.

And You keep on insisting that it was a bad team last year which is plain stupid.
    7-4 was a couple of game lead in the division.
    We were the number one rushing team in the league(excluding Cam and Teebow, who skewed thire teams numbers)
    Now we are 31st with the same damn players.
    Losing Boss did that?
    Defensively we were better and Stork may be right about Mcclain, but our passing defense was better playing old school Bump and Run then they are at what we are doing this year.
    we are 28th or lower passing d, in rushing O, In Rushing D....with the same roster just about that was a single play away from the playoffs last year.
    a single play.
    There was atleast 4 sinlge plays that we left on the field that cost us a game, one game and we win the division.

RM cleaned out some bad contracts.
    Wimbley,routt,Boss

he also refused to overpay a couple of guys
    Bush,CJ

the rest off the roster he dissassembled for his own perogative, they were league mininmum guys, they were journey men players, and he ditched them for his own players just like ho wanted his own coach, the result is the worst team in the league, but hey, its not his fault....no not OUR saviour.

vCash
    Obama IS a good example.

The U.S. fiscal picture has been horrendous since the Carter administration, yet the 'new' guy is expected to fix everything in four years?

It takes time to get things fixed. That's no endorsement of either party or political ideology, just a simple fact - it will take time to undue forty years of poor decision making.

vCash
    Please don't talk about politics on here.

vCash
    My ideal draft has the Raiders trading back twice, picking up an extra 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. With the first 1st rd pick, take Jonathan Jenkins, the 6'3" 351 lbs DT/NT from UGA. With the second 1st rd pick, take Barrett Jones, OL from Alabama. From what I understand, he's listed as a T, but can play all three, including C. This way, we could move Little Wiz back to LG. In the 2nd, take Larry Warford, OG from UK. Then in the 3rd take Kyle Long, OT from Oregon, and Sylvester Williams DT from UNC.

Plus we switch to the 3-4, and we "say no to Te'o"....say that with me fellas

say no to Te'o, say no to Te'o, say no to Te'o, say no to Te'o, say no to Te'o......he's got bust written all over him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    LOL,
    Ok guys, I guess you need to cling to something.
    There are plenty of teams that go without a 1st rd pick and dont drop off a 9 in a row losing streak to end the season ,while at the same time almost tying the 100 year record of sucking on defense by giving up more points then anyone...EVER.

Those "guYs" might have helped win a game or two, I will never understand why some of you act like signing a player for a year is a TERRIBLE idea if hes older? It makes no sense..Were thinking of the future...how you build the team.... you build a team to win. Period.You worry about next year , next year.
    Bad contracts aside, there no reason we couldnt have signed Shockey or others to a league min for year one and a little guarenteed money for year two that would allow us to cut him if he didnt produce and just eat a couple of Mill.
    We are going to eat a bunch more then that.

And You keep on insisting that it was a bad team last year which is plain stupid.
    7-4 was a couple of game lead in the division.
    We were the number one rushing team in the league(excluding Cam and Teebow, who skewed thire teams numbers)
    Now we are 31st with the same damn players.
    Losing Boss did that?
    Defensively we were better and Stork may be right about Mcclain, but our passing defense was better playing old school Bump and Run then they are at what we are doing this year.
    we are 28th or lower passing d, in rushing O, In Rushing D....with the same roster just about that was a single play away from the playoffs last year.
    a single play.
    There was atleast 4 sinlge plays that we left on the field that cost us a game, one game and we win the division.

RM cleaned out some bad contracts.
    Wimbley,routt,Boss

he also refused to overpay a couple of guys
    Bush,CJ

the rest off the roster he dissassembled for his own perogative, they were league mininmum guys, they were journey men players, and he ditched them for his own players just like ho wanted his own coach, the result is the worst team in the league, but hey, its not his fault....no not OUR saviour.
    You worry about next year next year..lol..the philosophy of champions
    That's exactly why we need a real GM because AL and Hue destroyed this team not caring about the future

And what's with the shockey love still myers is a perfect example of why yoou don't bring in a guy just because of his name

We are going to be a draft and develop team and its going to take time..you gotta live with it bro

vCash
    Um no he doesn't ^

vCash
    I still think we should trade out of the first rd. Draft 4 or 5 more miles burris' types and wing it.

15 out of the first 30 guys will underachieve or bust. That math is not in our favor.I'm not impressed with anybody in this draft. Now maybe the combine will change my mind, but I doubt it.

We need 15 new players through hook or crook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    My ideal draft has the Raiders trading back twice, picking up an extra 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. With the first 1st rd pick, take Jonathan Jenkins, the 6'3" 351 lbs DT/NT from UGA. With the second 1st rd pick, take Barrett Jones, OL from Alabama. From what I understand, he's listed as a T, but can play all three, including C. This way, we could move Little Wiz back to LG. In the 2nd, take Larry Warford, OG from UK. Then in the 3rd take Kyle Long, OT from Oregon, and Sylvester Williams DT from UNC.

Plus we switch to the 3-4, and we "say no to Te'o"....say that with me fellas

say no to Te'o, say no to Te'o, say no to Te'o, say no to Te'o, say no to Te'o......he's got bust written all over him.
    Pretty big statement there. Can you back that up with anything?

vCash
    ^ not bad...
    It is a overly focused draft(o-line) the likes of which ive never seen, but at least it addresses a huge issue from this year.
    I like the double trade down, although like many are pointing out, for that to be successful there needs to be very specific talents on the board like QBs and RBs and there really arent those kind of players this year.

I might still attempt to do it ,but netting TWO firsts might be extreme in expectation.
    I played with the idea of a CB heavey draft taking millner in the first and Honey badger in the third, that would be quite a coup but at the end of the day I think trying to address several units based on best available players is how the pros do it.

I would def. trade down with the number two pick we will have and get whatever I could, hopefully that will be at least a 2,3 and 4th

In the first I would take the best available DE still on the board, there are 4 or 5 that look like good prospects and most of you guys know the names already,and yes no to teo.
    In the 2nd,Ill take Anthony Barr over Chase Thomas
    3rd(1)Joseph fauria TE
    3ed(2) Tyran Mathieu CB
    The contract can easily be written to include conduct language regarding the stanky stank.
    4th(1) best available mike or OG Shayne skov has been falling a little,I havent researched Guards much and it is dependent on whether we stick with the ZBS
    4th(2) Kyle Long, Howies kid is getting a lot of play towards the raiders since we lost out on chris,OT
    6th-best available-
    7th best available-
    focus on positions of need DT,CB,

In this plan, I would identify a couple of FA to pursue immediately before the draft.
    Greg Jennings-wr
    jammer or Porter-cb
    Goldson-s
    Urlacher-MLB
    Umenyura -DE
    randy starks -DT

while cutting ties with Kelly,Seymour,DHB,Mcclain, and Breisel ,restructuring Branch and huff, leaving only Palmer and Mcfadden with Big contracts so we could absorb the new FAs money.

Oh, and IMO the only way you address the future of a team is by not signing people to long term expensive deals, not by "developing" talent and hoping players pan out.
    That is the only thing Al did wrong and the point is he already addressed everyone he needed to for 2012, 2013 issues are plain to see, so what then has he done?
    a whole lot of nuthin.
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 12-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.

vCash
    Stack picks and clean house !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast