CB-Hyde
    DT-Anthony Rashad White

or

LB-Teo
    CB-Trufant
    DT-Everett Dawkins
    CB-Hyde
    DT-Anthony Rashad White
    I wouldn't mind Teo, but Oakland needs a 'real' pass rusher at DE if they stay with a 4-3.

Out of curiosity, do you like any of the DE/LB type players? The Jones, Moore, Mingo players who could excel in either a 34 or 43?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    for?
    Their first this year and next years 1st pick + a late 2nd/3rd.

I would trade easily, around 5-7 picks down.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    No question in my mine; Draft Te'o! We need a difference maker on the defense, and he's as good as it gets. You either start at the line or a MLB...
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    3-13... we need to pick Manti Te'o the best defensive player in the Nation. Great leader on and off the field, makes guys around him better. Brings high energy to the field and gets his teammates pumped.

vCash
    ^ we need to trade down 5-6 spots and take bpa. We can upgrade any single position on the team.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    ^ we need to trade down 5-6 spots and take bpa. We can upgrade any single position on the team.
    no you dont. if your guy is there you take him. you dont trade down. A single guy can change your franchise. they can also ruin it ala Russell. But, Teo is the chosen one to lead us back to the promise land. From a former Heisman in Woodson to the new Heisman winner in Te'o. he has to be the pick and I think the whole McClain fiasco pretty much guarantees Te'o will be a Raider. Gaither aint the answer. You build your defense around Te'o. Also, very impressed with Adams. he can be a diamond in the rough for us.

vCash
    ^ we are not taking teo at 1 or 2. no way no how.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I NEVER want to watch the Raiders lose, especially to the Chiefs next week. But being 3-13 will be much better for us on draft day than winning this one game. I can’t stand the Chiefs though. Maybe it is a good time to test the waters with Pryor. If he does well we could possibly get a draft pick for him. If he does poorly we can either spend more time developing him or just cut our losses. For now we have someone good enough at QB. Carson can hold the QB spot for a few years while we fix our defense.
    I would be happy if Te’o was our pick. Hopefully he can be a defensive playmaker the Raiders desperately need. If he’s not our guy, we can get a few picks when a team wants to trade up for him. Te’o available when the Raiders are up to pick is a no lose situation for us. Hopefully 3-13 is enough to have him available when it’s our turn to pick.
    I believe in Reggie and DA! Knapp has to go though.

vCash
    I will be pleased with Star, Teo, and Moore in that order. I am crazy high on Star.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    ^ we are not taking teo at 1 or 2. no way no how.
    We won't be drafting 1 or 2. Now what ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    We won't be drafting 1 or 2. Now what ?
    After last night, I think this team might be.

vCash
    Geno Smith has field vision, looks off safeties, displays good accuracy, good arm strength and good mobility.

He's a little small and his college performance - numbers aside - hasn't been great.

He is NOT JaMarcus, however, and he's quite possibly worth the #1 overall pick.

Get used to the idea of Smith as a potential Raider, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Wheeler, Burris and Bryant are useless in a 34. They can be good players in a 43, however.

As far as Lotulelei goes, I really doubt he's athletic enough at his weight to succeed as a 4-3 DT. 43 DT's have to be big enough to hold their ground, but athletic enough to rush the passer.

In the 43, he's essntially just a run-stopper. Do you want to spend a top-5 pick on a one-trick player who will not succeed in disrupting the flow of the game?

Seems like a waste, IMO...

The 34 OLB's? Some of the smaller 43 DE's?

Jones (UGA), Moore (A&M), Mingo (LSU), Okafor (Texas) -- these guys are worth a first rounder. Some are worth a top-10, but not all; it's possible Oakland trades out of the top-10, which would be phenomenal.

First - it's about position, not body-type.

Tweener is the "DE / OLB" position - OLB in a 34, DE in a 43. Play them as a DE next year and eventually shift them to the rusher in a 34. I could have used a better term, I guess.

Secondly, it's not that Star is a 'bad' player, I just doubt he can be an effective pass-rusher in a 43 scheme. If the Raiders move to a 34? Yeah - he's worth it, but what do you do with Bryant, Burris, Wheeler, Shaughnessy, Houston, etc...?

There's very little to build around on defense, and switching to a 34 means the team will have even less depth, even fewer players in the proper position, etc.

Drafting a DE/LB rusher gives them another year or so to move towards transitioning to a 34. You can do that with the edge rusher - you can't do that with Star, IMO.
    Mingo is going to be a beast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Mingo is going to be a beast
    It'd be cool to have a player named "Barkevious" - it doesn't matter how good they are.

I'm thinking the 'edge rusher' gives the Raiders a chance to exhibit versatility, which is what Allen wanted. Mingo is athletic enough to run down Oregon RB's - I'm betting he could be asked to drop into coverage in a 3-4 alignment.

If I'm Reggie, I'm looking for an edge rusher in this draft. If not in the first round, you'll certainly need one somewhere on the board.

vCash
    I would rather have the Raiders address the O-line by replacing Cooper and/or Barnes. Palmer and DMC need time and holes to make plays, and this years squad has really under preformed. I think that they should address the defense in FA with stop gap players like Freeney who most likely will get cut.

There will be a lot of good free agents next season just of the Jets squad alone.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast