Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1002

Thread: Draft Thread

  1. #541
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,612
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Teo will go top 5. Trading down will take that option away.

    Whether I agree he's a top 5 draft pick, I'm sure he'll go. Especially with a decent BCS Champ game.
    No

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    seattle,wa
    Posts
    1,188
    vCash
    1500
    teo will only go top 5 if the top 5 teams are in need of a mlb as of right now the chiefs jags panthers browns and us are top 5 the only team i seeing grabbing teo in the top 5 is us behind us is eagles and rams which dont need teo either and just fyi the skins traded a crap load to move 4 spots down i no it was for rg3 but anything can happen so trading back getting a 2nd and teo is still possible especially if we keep losing
    1- trade back get a second and manti te'o
    2-jessie willams nt bama
    3-jake long ot oregon

    also the deepest position in this draft is the def. line
    Last edited by impressionz671; 11-30-2012 at 07:34 AM.


    TyvonBranch

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hendersonville N.C.
    Posts
    3,062
    vCash
    1500
    ^ Whom and for who is someone going to trade up for. There is no one in this draft worth trading up for and losing future picks for, so I highly doubt a trade happens on draft night.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    9,770
    vCash
    1500
    Its a little early for anyone to be thinking they know where people will be drafted. A lot will change between now and April.

    -Stork

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Top 5 LB's statistically fail


    Teo is a great player, but I do not see him as a game changing LB in the NFL. He's far from a top 5 player.


    We don't need an MLB, we need a DL or OL first. We need all you can eat champs protecting our QB, or rape convicts destroying opposing QB's. A guy like Teo will fail in Oak.

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Its a little early for anyone to be thinking they know where people will be drafted. A lot will change between now and April.

    -Stork
    You are right. That is why I don't like to play that game, especially when there is a chance we can win some games still. The changes will be coming left and right, from where we pick, other team's needs including trades, player status, and where a player should fall on the board after combine etc. I like some players, but need to research more.

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjunior559 View Post
    ^ oh n i left out Sebass & Condo lol....sorry for all the errors but im trying to text all this through an old *** andoid.
    Those old andoids suck

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,869
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Top 5 LB's statistically fail


    Teo is a great player, but I do not see him as a game changing LB in the NFL. He's far from a top 5 player.


    We don't need an MLB, we need a DL or OL first. We need all you can eat champs protecting our QB, or rape convicts destroying opposing QB's. A guy like Teo will fail in Oak.
    Very true. Take Patrick Willis as an example. Willis was a near perfect pro prospect, albeit in a great draft class for anything other than QBs, and he goes 11th overall. Prospect wise, I think, Willis was better than Te'O. Bigger and faster, SEC defender. Te'O won't go as high as maybe he should because of the position he plays. Teams find more value in pass rushers than Mike backers these days.
    Good for us, this draft looks to be a good one for edge rushers and offensive tackles.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,873
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    Very true. Take Patrick Willis as an example. Willis was a near perfect pro prospect, albeit in a great draft class for anything other than QBs, and he goes 11th overall. Prospect wise, I think, Willis was better than Te'O. Bigger and faster, SEC defender. Te'O won't go as high as maybe he should because of the position he plays. Teams find more value in pass rushers than Mike backers these days.
    Good for us, this draft looks to be a good one for edge rushers and offensive tackles.
    I have to chime in here. McClain was fast and big and yes, he came from the SEC. The problem is that he CANT make plays. We dont need sexy picks, we need guys who can make tackles. I have said for a long time that we needed a MLB that was good for years. Instead we grab folks like DMC, DHB, etc.
    I said Laurenaitis, Spikes or Angerer were going to be very good. I guess they werent fast enough. I think it was much better to draft DHB.

    When you get a chance to draft a game changing LB or franchise OT, you do it in the first 2 rounds. Every good team in the NFL has a game changing LB. We have 0. The really good teams have 2. I guess I am still pissed that we drafted DMC instead of Clady.

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I have to chime in here. McClain was fast and big and yes, he came from the SEC. The problem is that he CANT make plays. We dont need sexy picks, we need guys who can make tackles. I have said for a long time that we needed a MLB that was good for years. Instead we grab folks like DMC, DHB, etc.
    I said Laurenaitis, Spikes or Angerer were going to be very good. I guess they werent fast enough. I think it was much better to draft DHB.

    When you get a chance to draft a game changing LB or franchise OT, you do it in the first 2 rounds. Every good team in the NFL has a game changing LB. We have 0. The really good teams have 2. I guess I am still pissed that we drafted DMC instead of Clady.
    McClain wasn't the "super athlete" - that was why I was convinced he'd succeed.

    In fact, one of his issues is that he's not fast enough to cover sideline to sideline.

    And, FWIW, I wanted Brandon Spikes too. We were hearing that Bruce Campbell was going to be the first round pick, however...

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,541
    vCash
    1500
    In an unrelated note :

    What the hell is Oakland going to do defensively next year?

    If they stick to a 4-3, they'll need to slide Houston to DT, promote Desmond Bryant, fill the hole at DE left by Houston, add depth all over while also finding better players at S, CB, MLB... and somewhere, somehow, the team will need some sort of pass rush.

    If they move to a 3-4, they'll need a NT, they'll need TWO new MLB's, they'll still need a pass rusher at OLB, they'll still need better corners...

    Good lord, this defense is a mess.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    In an unrelated note :

    What the hell is Oakland going to do defensively next year?

    If they stick to a 4-3, they'll need to slide Houston to DT, promote Desmond Bryant, fill the hole at DE left by Houston, add depth all over while also finding better players at S, CB, MLB... and somewhere, somehow, the team will need some sort of pass rush.

    If they move to a 3-4, they'll need a NT, they'll need TWO new MLB's, they'll still need a pass rusher at OLB, they'll still need better corners...

    Good lord, this defense is a mess.

    Yes it is...


    Staying in 4-3, Houston moves inside, a run stuffer is needed, Bryant is depth, and we still need twe new DE's that can get to the QB. Sorry Big Guy, but Shaughnessy is not the answer. Good player, but we need improvement and to get to the QB. Then we need an MLB... Unless Burris or Wheeler move inside and we get a pass rushing OLB.

    Moving to 3-4, Houston, Bryant and Shuagnessy could all play DE in 3-4 so only a NT is needed and one more for depth. An OLB that can get at it and a MLB is needed, along with one more for depth. I prefer this route and moving in this direction for good.


    In the 3-4, the DE's need to eat blockers to free up the LB's to make plays. We would have better depth on the DL here and only need a NT. I trust RM to find good LB's, so far he's 2 for 2.


    Our secondary is screwed regardless. We need a lot of help on defense really. I'd just really like to see an attacking 3-4 in Oakland for once. It's going to take two years regardless of what we do.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,005
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    In an unrelated note :

    What the hell is Oakland going to do defensively next year?

    If they stick to a 4-3, they'll need to slide Houston to DT, promote Desmond Bryant, fill the hole at DE left by Houston, add depth all over while also finding better players at S, CB, MLB... and somewhere, somehow, the team will need some sort of pass rush.

    If they move to a 3-4, they'll need a NT, they'll need TWO new MLB's, they'll still need a pass rusher at OLB, they'll still need better corners...

    Good lord, this defense is a mess.
    in a 3-4 burris will slide to ilb. We would need one new MLB and a dangerous pass rusher at OLB.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,480
    vCash
    1500
    stork and Wolfe......what else are we gonna do for the next 8 weeks?
    watch the raiders?...you guys have fun with that...I dont need any headaches.
    If we win, then we lose in the draft
    If we lose,I just get irritataed by poor play...

    This is all Ive got ,man!!!!!!(lol)

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,005
    vCash
    500
    dont worry raiders have one win on their schedule. chiefs. I just hope after we lose to the browns and broncos and are 3-10 we put pryor in so we can lose against the chiefs.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •