Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NBA reviewing DeMarcus Cousins/Sean Elliott incident - NBA SUSPENDS DMC 2 GAMES

On Friday, Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliott reportedly trashed DeMarcus Cousins during the fourth quarter of the Kings' loss to San Antonio. Elliott criticized Boogie for "trash-talking" Tim Duncan after a couple of scores (both of which probably should have been called as charges on Cousins). On an ensuing possession, Duncan stuffed Cousins. Elliott apparently crowed and said some "humility was in order." Word got back to Cousins that Elliott was trashing him. (How? I have no idea.) Cousins apparently came back out onto the court in full uniform to talk to Elliott.

Here's how the San Antonio Express-News describes it.

"I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show," said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. "Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

"I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn't hear what was being said."

Here's what Cousins told the media back in the Kings locker room, via Cowbell Kingdom.

"I mean me and Tim - we're good," Cousins said, pointing out that he meant nothing malicious with his trash talk. "Like I said, I have the utmost respect (for him). But for the commentator to say the things that he said - that was immature."

The Express-News reports that the league is aware of the incident. Chances are it'll fade into the annals of Boogie History. Cousins has always talked up Duncan -- including an infamous moment last season in which Cousins was caught on a broadcast mouthing "F--k, he's good" after a classic Duncan play.

It should be noted that Elliott (who was a fantastic player and does a lot for charity) is a total hack. Anyone who remembers Spurs-Grizzlies from 2010-11 remembers how much grief Elliott got when his local calls went national. He's ... bad. I like to think Cousins was just doing the viewing public's bidding by talking back to Elliott.
    http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/1...ott-discussion

Any other player, the league would just brush it aside.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    It seems like boogie is sick of all the game playing. I don't blame him. He gets nothing going his way in this market. The refs screw us, the lotto has no love for us, we can't get an area, and everyone thinks we our the worst. I had to listen to Worrior broadcast when we played them, after we beat them fitz; the worrior broadcaster,and the 12 to 4 host on 680 the bay, said, that we were bottom feeders and that basicly that they shouldn't have lost to us, they are much better and if you let a team like that think they have a chance this could be the outcome. Yeah, pretty sick. So he's sick of star calls, star treatment, so what is he going to do when his contract is up? Go to a big market to get the calls? Or stay here and get... what he gets?
    Last edited by sneak; 11-11-2012 at 04:00 PM.

vCash
    NBA announces DeMarcus Cousins suspended two games for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after Friday's game
    https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...76719807713280

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    This is ****in' bullshiet.

Boogie could've handled it better, but there's no reason to suspend him.

So, in conclusion-

Elbow to the face=Talking to someone

vCash
    Cousins is an IDIOT for leaving the locker room! 2 games is a little harsh, hit him with a fine instead!

Cousins could of hit Elliot with a bus-driver uppercut and probably got the same amount of time! smh
    Last edited by iMac; 11-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    **** this. Unless he was threatening him, this is absurd. It's not like he publicly attacked the guy. Would Stern rather him do that? Boogie confronted him man-to-man to defend himself. Getting suspended for that (again, as long as there were no threats) is totally uncalled for.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Elliott isn't a player or a coach, so there's no reason for the suspension. It's the equivalent of arguing with a fan. Another ridiculous decision going against the Kings. Eff the NBA!

vCash
    Bottom line, Cousins is a dummy. Dude is out there arguing with an broadcaster.

vCash
    I think this was a message from the league to not only Demarcus but other players, you can't wait until after the game and try and bully a announcer. It's almost like waiting until after the game for a ref. You leave the announcers alone. The league is trying to make sure that not only Demarcus not do this in the future but other players too. If all Demarcus got was a slap on the wrist the other players in the league would of taken notice, how long before Dwight Howard meets a kings announcer after the game.

vCash
    This is after the loss to the lakers, not a fun time to be a Kings fan. I hate nba politics, but I also understand what plague is saying.. it just is a bad time. But then again we might not have won this one anyway. I hate the lakers! Love the Kings. When the Kings lose to the lakers the wifes asks me why I'm in a bad mood. 4 times.... I hate the lakers! It's not like they need help to win their games.
    Ok, done venting.
    I guess, don't worry about the haters boogie. And I guess don't put yourself in that position cuz.
    1 kings fan out.
    Last edited by sneak; 11-12-2012 at 01:49 AM.

vCash
    Double message sorry.
    Go kings!
    Last edited by sneak; 11-12-2012 at 01:54 AM.

vCash
    sean elliot is a suckkkaa

vCash
    looks like NBAPA is appealing it. maybe he plays tonight?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...on-742887.html
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    looks like NBAPA is appealing it. maybe he plays tonight?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...on-742887.html
    Possibly. Hopefully the appeal gets the suspension cut to 1 game which would be the 1 game already served.

vCash
    In my opinion if Cousins did not punch Elliott or threaten him the fine is way too severe. If the NBA wants to make sure that players do not confront announcers then I understand penalties being imposed, but if there is no threats or physical attacks then I think a fine would suffice, why punish a whole organization and the fans for something minor like a verbal confrontation after the game with a announcer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast