Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Number One Defender In NBA So Far Per Synergy...

Blake Griffin. I knew his defense is significantly improved but considering how much people still clown his D I found this funny and think it will make for good discussion. He's allowing just .34 ppg and from what I've seen with my own eyes his D is deterring players from even taking shots as much (KG style). Nobody has scored on him a single time in isolation so far. I wish pre-season was included because he was shutting people down. 6 game sample and no I don't think he's near the best but it does at least show he's playing very good D this year. If you think it's only scrubs he's played against think again.

Pau Gasol
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    David Lee
    Zach Randolph
    Tim Duncan

Are the guys he's battled with so far. So while his offense and rebounding are slumping a bit his D looks much improved.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-11-2012 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    Blake Griffin forever underrated.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    wrong thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Blake Griffin forever underrated.
    On Insidehoops some clown made a knee jerk thread "Is Blake Griffin even a top 30 player anymore??" and here you have tons of people ranking him in the 7-10 range among PF's lmao. I can't wait until dude heals up (maybe healed last 3 days off?) and starts attacking more. I feel like his injuries made him passive on offense.

vCash
    It's early but I like the thread. Get people aware of the improvements of a young player who has HoF written all over him.

I've been sayin it in other threads but I am VERY high on the Clippers and see them making it at least to the WCF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    It's early but I like the thread. Get people aware of the improvements of a young player who has HoF written all over him.

I've been sayin it in other threads but I am VERY high on the Clippers and see them making it at least to the WCF.
    As the season goes on I too see them in the WCF. Neither the Lakers or OKC have impressed me at all with their changes TBH. I know Lakers will get it together but OKC already has great chemistry they are just missing Harden bad IMO.

I think it's going to be Clippers vs Lakers or Clippers vs Spurs in the WCF at this point. Injuries or unexpected turnarounds may change that obviously. Lakers blowing out bad teams, Clippers blowing out good teams. Spurs have beaten everybody by the Clippers who had them down 25+ points for most of the 4th quarter before winning by 22, so not really THAT impressed with SA so far. Basically the west looks pretty open. Billups and Hill should be returning in the next 3 weeks which will boost the team even more.

vCash
    Bargnani was at one point the best defender by overall PPP last year.

So what?

vCash
    If I flopped I would be good too.

#dat clippers fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Bargnani was at one point the best defender by overall PPP last year.

So what?
    Some things need to be factored. Did he play against frontcourts like the Clippers have so far? Was it more than 5 games? If the answer is yes then he likely WAS playing very effective D up until that point and just didn't maintain it. As I said this thread isn't to convince people that Blake is the best, because he's clearly NOT. This thread is to say hey the guy CAN play defense better than people credit him for and we can stop saying he's a "terrible" defender and all that crap.

Even last year he was in the "slightly above average" to "solid" range defensively despite people continuously saying "horrible" and "terrible" defender. Clippers top defensive lineups had Blake Griffin in them, not Reggie Evans or Kenyon Martin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Some things need to be factored. Did he play against frontcourts like the Clippers have so far? Was it more than 5 games? If the answer is yes then he likely WAS playing very effective D up until that point and just didn't maintain it. As I said this thread isn't to convince people that Blake is the best, because he's clearly NOT. This thread is to say hey the guy CAN play defense better than people credit him for and we can stop saying he's a "terrible" defender and all that crap.

Even last year he was in the "slightly above average" to "solid" range defensively despite people continuously saying "horrible" and "terrible" defender. Clippers top defensive lineups had Blake Griffin in them, not Reggie Evans or Kenyon Martin.
    If that's your goal, then you should probably change the title. "Number One Defender In NBA So Far Per Synergy..." sounds like you're trying to show up some people.

vCash
    On Insidehoops some clown made a knee jerk thread "Is Blake Griffin even a top 30 player anymore??" and here you have tons of people ranking him in the 7-10 range among PF's lmao. I can't wait until dude heals up (maybe healed last 3 days off?) and starts attacking more. I feel like his injuries made him passive on offense.
    Blake technically is in the 7-10 range of PFs depending on the PFs listed position like Duncan, KG and Horford

1. Kevin Love
    2. Dirk
    3. Bosh
    4. Aldridge
    5. Pau
    Last edited by theheatles; 11-11-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    Blake technically is in the 7-10 range of PFs depending on some the PF listed position like Duncan, KG and Horford

1. Kevin Love
    2. Dirk
    3. Bosh
    4. Aldridge
    5. Pau
    Last year Blake was the 2nd or 3rd best PF according to production, efficiency. I don't judge players on reputation like you seem to. Dirk hasn't played a single game yet ranks 2 why? Last season he played pretty bad. Anyways this is off topic.

vCash
    lol for some reason I expected it to be Kobe.

I haven't watched much of Blake but good for him if he is finally playing some d.

That has been one of his weaknesses.

vCash
    Small sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Last year Blake was the 2nd or 3rd best PF according to production, efficiency. I don't judge players on reputation like you seem to. Dirk hasn't played a single game yet ranks 2 why? Last season he played pretty bad. Anyways this is off topic.
    Skill set, basketball intelligence, production and intangibles is what I based my rankings on...take a step back and take off your rose colored glasses.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast