Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Small...

vCash

Going Small...

Aside from couch casey changing our lineups in full which i totally disagree with and going double point guard with jose and john, don't mind as much with jose and lowry.. but my main question is why is it when another team goes small that dictates that we have to go small.. why if they do that do we have to take out all our talented players at the 4 and 5, and if thats the case why wouldn't most teams go small with us and force out our top talent? could someone please explain this to me? wouldn't playing zone fix that or something to that effect? i'm starting to really worry about couch casey.. starting to realize defense is nice but don't know if this is the way our team is heading. not calling for the couches head or anything but there must be something other tactics could improve!

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    I reccomend we just play our bench less -.- .. our second line is terrible . i think casey is so intent on trying to prove he can coach defense that he forgets we need to score -.- .. there have been times recently where Andrea, jose and DD were off the court at the same time... who is going to score exactly? .. our whole team is looking terrible right now.. i dont think this is a fixable thing -.-
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Panic time

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyRecovery View Post
    Aside from couch casey changing our lineups in full which i totally disagree with and going double point guard with jose and john, don't mind as much with jose and lowry.. but my main question is why is it when another team goes small that dictates that we have to go small.. why if they do that do we have to take out all our talented players at the 4 and 5, and if thats the case why wouldn't most teams go small with us and force out our top talent? could someone please explain this to me? wouldn't playing zone fix that or something to that effect? i'm starting to really worry about couch casey.. starting to realize defense is nice but don't know if this is the way our team is heading. not calling for the couches head or anything but there must be something other tactics could improve!
    Because Bargnani and Jonas will get abused playing against smaller, quicker players.

Also, playing zone would mean the smaller players can get off more 3 point shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyRecovery View Post
    Simply with Fields ******** the bed, Ross & Lucas struggling out the gate, Casey is having a hard time finding an offensive/defensive balance for either unit.

Last night inserting Anderson into the starting Unit improved the start over Fields but once the starters were subbed out for the bench it was mainly a defensive unit relying on Lucas & Ross to generate offense. (Lucas was praying to the Gods after hitting his 2nd shot of the season to start Philly's 2nd quarter run & Ross has yet to find the part of his game that was said to be NBA ready).

I've seen glimpses of potential talent from Ross but a far cry from what was declared as NBA ready.

Failing to get that starting SF is the main problem because Anderson should be coming off the bench.

Only other solution is to feed the starters more mins, something he couldn't do with 4 games in 5 nights.

vCash
    I think that Casey is overwhelmed with the decisions that need to be made. He is a good defensive and motivational coach but is not strong as an offensive coach. The efforts and time he is spending on the offense seems to be having a negative impact on the areas he is good at.

IMO BC should look into making Casey take on a new assistant who's job is basically as an offensive coordinator. Casey is reminding me more of Sam Mitchell every game I watch with the lack of offensive awareness and the hockey style line changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I think that Casey is overwhelmed with the decisions that need to be made. He is a good defensive and motivational coach but is not strong as an offensive coach. The efforts and time he is spending on the offense seems to be having a negative impact on the areas he is good at.

IMO BC should look into making Casey take on a new assistant who's job is basically as an offensive coordinator. Casey is reminding me more of Sam Mitchell every game I watch with the lack of offensive awareness and the hockey style line changes.
    Couldn't agree more, except for the Mitchell comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    Panic time
    For fans yes but for players especially bargnani they don't seem to care.

vCash

Mike brown is available.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    D'antoni?

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    loool lets get phi Jackson ahahaha jkjk could you imagine
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash

Do you think Casey is over utilizing his personnel even when they were full strength?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    I think he was on the right track using something like the Princeton offense for that team. Not sure how good he is at running the offense though, always thought he was more of a defensive coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Do you think Casey is over utilizing his personnel even when they were full strength?
    Yes, he should pick an 8 or 9 man rotation and go with it. Some players might end up with hurt feelings because of playing time but there needs to be some continuity in the rotation.

vCash
    yeah DC's lineups when derozan and bargs are off suck and we've been getting killed on them. He's a good defensive coach no doubt and the improvement that demar and bargs have shown (2 players that were said to be horrible) is pretty impressive, but we just don't have enough scorers and too many defense only players. Demar, Bargs, and Lowry when he gets back are going to have to get like 35+ mins each to give us a chance because they arn't getting much help.

Also fields playing like crap is killing us too... he was said to be the glue guy but hasn't helped in any area really. Lets hope this hand injury has been the actual cause for his missing layups:P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast