Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Hopeful but doubtful says the bird.
    Shocker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chisportsdaily View Post
    it seems like it's impossible to avoid the subject of what's the correct way to build an organization. What about just stickying an 'organizational philosophy discussion' thread. Then everyone who cares to has a place to talk, discuss, argue, fight, maim, kill, etc.
    all in favor!!!! Aye
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    heres my rough outline of wants

Sign Koji Uehara

Sign McCarthy

Trade Marmol for Joba

Trade Soriano++ for Zobrist and Wade Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobTheAutomator View Post
    Shocker
    Oh Well. Sorry but I highly doubt you think I know anything anyway so it should really be no skin off your back. Now you can say I made up/reported information that was not even close to being accurate and I will admit that the info was flawed but who knows.

As you said I will leave the breaking news to the guys who know. That way you can sleep at night and won't have to worry about attacking me any longer.

Mostly Sarcasim but you know "baited Breath" LOL!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Never thought of it but I like Ivan Nova's arm in a 3 starter kind of way. Wonder if the Yankees would move him and for what...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    That's where we disagree. I don't believe the organization was in great shape, by any means, but I believe it was in a lot better shape than many people realized at the time or want to admit now. Nothing that $60 million and a smart front office shouldn't have been able to fix.
    So you wanted a 170 million dollar pay roll last year to "fix" this? Which I'm not really sure what fix means.
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    And my point is that both of those assertions are severely overrated.

Most of the bloated contracts were already gone. Fukudome, Ramirez, Pena and the leftovers of the Bradley/Silva debacle had all come off the books. There was tons of money available.

The minors were a lot better than people give them credit for, with the lower levels beginning to assert themselves.

And I *do* blame Ricketts.
    Weren't we actually paying pena 5 mil this year?
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    See I like everything up to start Campana lol and that's a realistic way to build a team in one offseason all while building up the farm at the same time. IT doesn't cripple us financially and we don't mortgage a lot future guys at this time while we build up our farm even more. I'd probably want more in that Texas deal though.
    Except it requires you to get every one of those players to agree to sign here.
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Weren't we actually paying pena 5 mil this year?
    He did receive a $5 million payment in January. You can consider that "half gone" if you want.

vCash
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...6#post24353156

With a lot of people in agreement that the philosophy discussion should have its own thread, here it is.

Gentlemen, to your battle stations.

Population: Bears

vCash
    So you wanted a 170 million dollar pay roll last year to "fix" this? Which I'm not really sure what fix means.

$130-140 would have been sufficient. The $60 million was referring to what we had available going into the offseason, not in addition to last year's Opening Day payroll.

vCash
    Except it requires you to get every one of those players to agree to sign here.
    Well yeah, but that's part of a contract negotiation, and it's possible to do. If you bring in Grienke at 6/140 mil, Upton at 5/70 mil, McCarthy at 2/20 mil.

That would put us right around 100 million before arbitration hearings and a possible Shark extension are factored in. and even with those, it's highly doubtful that puts above 110-115 million. For a team like the Cubs, that is not financially crippling.

Flip some players (Garza, Soriano, Lahair etc.) for young pitching and you have a good combination of homegrown talent with Castro, Shark, Rizzo and Barney, mixed with veteran free agents in Grienke, Upton, McCarthy and Baker all while fielding a balanced and competitive team and developing a farm simultaneously.

If the scouting and development team we have does there job correctly, which I 100% believe they will, we won't have to tank or focus on getting high draft picks.

vCash
    moved to organization thread
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    Since Porcello throwing only one inning in the playoffs I want to show the three outs (1-2-3 innings):

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...48431&c_id=mlb

Check out the movement on that 93 MPH fastball to get the K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Since Porcello throwing only one inning in the playoffs I want to show the three outs (1-2-3 innings):

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...48431&c_id=mlb

Check out the movement on that 93 MPH fastball to get the K.
    Always thought the same thing. Made me notice Turner's fastball was sorta flat when I watched him.
    #Turtlepower

Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast