Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Well the Dodgers just plain have a bigger market and also more money with that multi billion dollar TV deal (as well as legie ad money and their own internal earnings).

I like both franchise's ability to have success in the short time, though the Dodgers probably moreso. As far as long term that is entirely on the air as we saw two teams (Dodgers and Cubs) with extremely hyped systems last decade flounder about anyway. The Jays got aggressive because they see their window as now with Bautista still a stud. Like everyone else, they'll figure out five years from 2013 later.
    I think what's incredible about this trade is that they acquired a good SS, in Reyes, who I actually think is on a good contract, from a team that wants to rebuild itself and two good pitchers. They still managed to keep their 2 best young pitching prospects in Sanchez and Syndergaaurd plus they kept the top catching prospect in the game in D'Araund. This is a competitive lineup for next year and it didn't harm them at all in the long run.

SS Reyes
    3B Lawrie
    RF Bautista
    DH Encarnacion
    1B Lind
    C Buck/D'Arnaud/Acencibia
    CF Bonifacio/Rasmus/Gose
    LF Gose
    2B Izturis

Marrow
    Johnson
    Burhele
    Romero
    Cecil/Hutchinson/etc.

I don't think that there done dealing yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded either D'Arnaud or Arencibia, likely the latter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    lol I'd do Baez for Moore in a second.
    yea..thats why i mentioned adding pieces...I would jump at the chance at Moore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    This trade also gives me hope for dumping Soriano/Marmol/Garza somehow.

I remember someone suggested packaging Garza (or Samardzija)/Soriano together when I first got here. That person was laughed at by many, including myself. With those two mega deals deals (plus some stuff the Astros did a little bit) I have a little more hope.

It would even fit the whole rebuild thing...
    Same here. I'm not even convinced the Jays are done dealing. I bet they trade one of their catchers.

Id love to do a deal like this

Jays get: Garza, Marmol, Soriano (we eat most of the contract) and Vitters
    Cubs get: Rasmus, d'Aranud/Arencibia and Syndergaaurd/Norris

vCash
    Source: Nolasco could be next #Marlins player traded.
    -Rosenthal

Any interest?

vCash
    How about this deal?

Cubs get Stanton and the Marlins get Vitters, Jackson, Vizcaino, Vogelbach, Candelario, Alcantra and we pay their entire payroll for the 2013 season (around 17 million).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    -Rosenthal

Any interest?
    Not really, but in this time of "we can fix you so that you can help fix us(!)" nonsense there's a shot.

Logan Morrison and Ryan Webb are two Marlins that are probably more interesting, even Webb as a reliever.

vCash
    How bout dis trade yo?

Cubs get: Mike Stanton and Adam Conley
    Marlins get: Matt Garza, Javier Baez, Matt Szczur, Josh Vitters and Trey McNutt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    How bout dis trade yo?

Cubs get: Mike Stanton and Adam Conley
    Marlins get: Matt Garza, Javier Baez, Matt Szczur, Josh Vitters and Trey McNutt
    It'd take a lot more than that. We're probably looking at both Baez and Almora and I'd still do it.

vCash
    Please stop with all these Stanton trades. The Marlins aren't trading him and we aren't getting him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cubs25 View Post
    Please stop with all these Stanton trades. The Marlins aren't trading him and we aren't getting him.
    Thank you, Nostradamus.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    It'd take a lot more than that. We're probably looking at both Baez and Almora and I'd still do it.
    I would do it as well but Almora can not be traded for another year. I guess he could be a PTBNL but that's unlikely. I'd start with Baez and see what else they would want.

vCash
    They could ask for those two, Soler and Vizcaino and I'd still probably do it.

vCash
    The trade rumors for Gio Stanton are about to run rampant, especially since there is no way that the Marlins keep him or he wants to stay there..this could get even more interesting. Alberto Almora, and Brett Jackson??

vCash
    I wonder if the Jays would want to turn around and trade Buehrle for Soriano?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mlciganek View Post
    The trade rumors for Gio Stanton are about to run rampant, especially since there is no way that the Marlins keep him or he wants to stay there..this could get even more interesting. Alberto Almora, and Brett Jackson??
    Almora's not tradeable and it's not nearly enough, anyway.

Giancarlo Stanton is a 23 year old who's actual playing ability is like a combination of Baez and Soler's ceilings.

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast