Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1034
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    If Oakland is willing to move Crisp he's not bad. I just think Upton has more upside than both, but I can see your point. I thought you were referring to more internal options. In that case we have no one that can put up 3-4 win seasons.
    http://youtu.be/WHads6dI26Y

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Don't need to tell me that. I'm fully on board with what's going on. It's other people around here who are impatient.
    Not trying to start that argument again, but does your side have to act so smug about everything though? I don't think anyone that somewhat disagrees with this plan has been unreasonable about anything. Just seems that people that want this team to get better get treated as inferior posters. Honestly I'd argue that your side is too patient. Seems whenever someone brings up a person to sign/trade for they get picked on. I'm still waiting on this answer how this 2012 season got us closer to a WS than where we were a year ago.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Not trying to start that argument again, but does your side have to act so smug about everything though? I don't think anyone that somewhat disagrees with this plan has been unreasonable about anything. Just seems that people that want this team to get better get treated as inferior posters. Honestly I'd argue that your side is too patient. Seems whenever someone brings up a person to sign/trade for they get picked on. I'm still waiting on this answer how this 2012 season got us closer to a WS than where we were a year ago.
    Eh, not worth it. They know who they are.
    Last edited by Muhammad73; 11-12-2012 at 07:52 PM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,652
    vCash
    1500
    The funny thing is that the answer to Mel's question is "saved a whole lot of money to spend moving forward," but it seems to go unacknowledged. The more popular one will be "prospects," which is not bad but not MLB focused at all.

    Most of the pricks tend to be on the other side. Not calling you out as you seem pleasant. But, just saying.
    Yep, all class over there.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,746
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Not trying to start that argument again, but does your side have to act so smug about everything though?

    Don't worry about it. I can outsmug them in my sleep.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    39,929
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Not trying to start that argument again, but does your side have to act so smug about everything though? I don't think anyone that somewhat disagrees with this plan has been unreasonable about anything. Just seems that people that want this team to get better get treated as inferior posters. Honestly I'd argue that your side is too patient. Seems whenever someone brings up a person to sign/trade for they get picked on. I'm still waiting on this answer how this 2012 season got us closer to a WS than where we were a year ago.
    I'm not being smug. I was responding to a poster....who was responding....to me.

    And don't get on the high horse of people being treated as inferior posters. Gato uses "The Plan" in capitals and slathers his posts in sarcasm about how amazing prospects are and how this team might win in 2018. Kyle, as well, consistently sarcastic. But I don't ever see you quote post something they say (aimed at someone else) and call them out. If you want to play that game, please, police everyone, Mell, and not just look to police me.

    I called no one inferior. I called some people impatient. And never anyone by name. In fact, it wasn't a shot at you, or the aforementioned Gato or Kyle. So you can just settle down, and relax.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Don't worry about it. I can outsmug them in my sleep.
    Oh I probably can too. I don't think people who bring up names to improve the team have the intention of starting fights. It's usually the other side that responds with that's not the "right way" to do things whatever that means

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,652
    vCash
    1500
    Eh, not worth it. They know who they are.
    Whoa whoa whoa, assume these people are what you think they are. Who are they? Pricks are rarely people aware that they are pricks.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Not trying to start that argument again, but does your side have to act so smug about everything though? I don't think anyone that somewhat disagrees with this plan has been unreasonable about anything. Just seems that people that want this team to get better get treated as inferior posters. Honestly I'd argue that your side is too patient. Seems whenever someone brings up a person to sign/trade for they get picked on. I'm still waiting on this answer how this 2012 season got us closer to a WS than where we were a year ago.
    I think it's unreasonable to be impatient about the current plan after just one season. As Cubs fans, we have watched for years while the Cubs try to do things the other way and it didn't work. That's funny that you would argue that others are too patient, after one season LOL

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm not being smug. I was responding to a poster....who was responding....to me.

    And don't get on the high horse of people being treated as inferior posters. Gato uses "The Plan" in capitals and slathers his posts in sarcasm about how amazing prospects are and how this team might win in 2018. Kyle, as well, consistently sarcastic. But I don't ever see you quote post something they say (aimed at someone else) and call them out. If you want to play that game, please, police everyone, Mell, and not just look to police me.

    I called no one inferior. I called some people impatient. And never anyone by name. In fact, it wasn't a shot at you, or the aforementioned Gato or Kyle. So you can just settle down, and relax.
    I still don't think what I said was that unreasonable. I actually find Gato and Kyle's comments rather amusing and in fact I agree with what they say most of the time so more often than not I'm not going to quote them. Plus you're worth responding to so you can take that as a compliment. Maybe it's the years of being disrespected finally coming out combined with a waste of a 2012 season
    Last edited by Mell413; 11-12-2012 at 08:14 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Emanski View Post
    I think it's unreasonable to be impatient about the current plan after just one season. As Cubs fans, we have watched for years while the Cubs try to do things the other way and it didn't work. That's funny that you would argue that others are too patient, after one season LOL
    Sir Tom, they say that it will be two big loss seasons. They not being the FO of course, but I guess that is another issue altogether.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    53,300
    vCash
    1450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Not trying to start that argument again, but does your side have to act so smug about everything though? I don't think anyone that somewhat disagrees with this plan has been unreasonable about anything. Just seems that people that want this team to get better get treated as inferior posters. Honestly I'd argue that your side is too patient. Seems whenever someone brings up a person to sign/trade for they get picked on. I'm still waiting on this answer how this 2012 season got us closer to a WS than where we were a year ago.
    And those of us who are okay with our cautious approach and are prepared for another down season minus some miracle are treated as though we don't want whats best for the team.

    People treat the 2 sides as extreme which is nonsense. I am on board with what I have been told will take place and thus far it's pretty much ALL became a reality. I haven't been lied too or sold on a half *** product by stupid acquisitions that don't do anything other then keep shut the mouth of the ignorant.

    I am not against FA signings I am not against winning today I just won't lose sleep when we take another approach like we did last year.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Emanski View Post
    I think it's unreasonable to be impatient about the current plan after just one season. As Cubs fans, we have watched for years while the Cubs try to do things the other way and it didn't work. That's funny that you would argue that others are too patient, after one season LOL
    Word dude. What we've been doing hasn't worked for a 100+ years. It boggles my mind that anybody can have any bit of problem with trying something new. I'd also bet that I, although not anywhere close to old myself, am older than some of these adolescents *****ing and moaning about how were not going to come away with BJ "I PARTED THE MOFO RED SEA" Upton just based on how juvenile they come off as in their posts. The point is that their is a god damn handful of thousands of Cubs fans older than all of us who have suffered through some of the lower points of the teams history, hoping for that championship. Show some ****ing respect to the fan base and the direction that the team is taking forward. You *****es haven't been through nothing compared to what some of them have gone through.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Sir Tom, they say that it will be two big loss seasons. They not being the FO of course, but I guess that is another issue altogether.
    Okay, so it will be two seasons, maybe even three. I've watch the Cubs go without a World Series since 1984 and there are people who have waited a lot longer than that. I am willing to try a different path, if it means that I get to see a World Series winner in my lifetime. My issue is how the CBA got changed right when the Cubs started down this path, making the path even more difficult.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    39,929
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I still don't think what I said was that unreasonable. I actually find Gato and Kyle's comments rather amusing and in fact I agree with what they say most of the time so more often than not I'm not going to quote them. Plus you're worth responding to so you can take that as a compliment. Maybe it's the years of being disrespected finally coming out combined with a waste of a 2012 season
    Hey, it's fine, but it's also to the point where if you were on my side of "the plan" (if you want to call it that), you'd probably find my posts amusing and theirs condescending. Just a simple point I was making, is all. Which is fine, just something I wanted to point out.

    2012 sucked, but it's also not new. 2010 and 2011 were wastes from the start, we just pretended they werent.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •