Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Jerry Hairston
    Posts
    51,296
    vCash
    1500

    Cubs re-sign Shawn Camp

    #Cubs & Shawn Camp have agreed on 1 year, $1.35 million deal with $200,000 in performance bonuses
    -Muskat

    Dale gets his rubber arm back.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,212
    vCash
    1500
    Given the cost of average relievers early in the offseason, I'm surprised he didn't cost three times that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    41,747
    vCash
    7100
    yay campy





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,190
    vCash
    1500
    Curious timing right before the 40-man roster deadline tomorrow.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,389
    vCash
    1500
    I really like Camp, and this was probably necessary. That said, considering his age and how much he was used last season, I'm not expecting him to be as good.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,128
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    I really like Camp, and this was probably necessary. That said, considering his age and how much he was used last season, I'm not expecting him to be as good.
    True, hard to expect him to repeat perhaps his best season to date.

    I'm surprised we were able to bring him back at such a reasonable price.


    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    True, hard to expect him to repeat perhaps his best season to date.

    I'm surprised we were able to bring him back at such a reasonable price.
    Even if he regresses a bit, I think this was a good move to bring back a guy who can pitch a lot out of the 'pen at less than I expected.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    7,671
    vCash
    1500
    good move.
    J-Load is back!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    939
    vCash
    1500
    He had no trade market last year, probably won't have one this year so.....meh.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jackson, Tn
    Posts
    1,825
    vCash
    1500
    Useful, affordable, dependable
    Is this A) Teo's catfish perp, B) common sign of mono C) Harvard student D) the family 530 wake-up call?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    106
    vCash
    1500
    Shawn who?

    Not really that much of a bargain since he'll be racking up bonuses in relief appearances...haha, there will be a lot of those next year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeatrice View Post
    Shawn who?

    Not really that much of a bargain since he'll be racking up bonuses in relief appearances...haha, there will be a lot of those next year.
    Yea, a whole $200,000 worth of them.

    1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    374
    vCash
    1500
    Meh. So what.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •