Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

New Orleans Hornets give GM- Dell Demps an Extension!

New Orleans Hornets sign GM Dell Demps to contract extension Jimmy Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune 11/16/2012 9:47 AM

The New Orleans Hornets announced Friday they had signed general manager Dell Demps to a multi-year contract extension.

"Dell has a bright future ahead as the GM of our team and Mr. Benson and I couldn't be more impressed with the track this team is on and are excited about the future," Hornets executive vice president Mickey Loomis said in a press release. "He has helped shape this organization with the current team of young, talented players and we look forward to seeing the growth of the franchise during this exciting time for the franchise."

Demps has come under fire recently for the four-year, $58 million max-money contract match the team gave shooting guard Eric Gordon in July, after Gordon had agreed to an offer sheet with the Phoenix Suns.

Gordon played just nine games last season with the Hornets due to a right knee injury, that was arthroscopically repaired Feb. 14. Gordon missed all of training camp this year with knee soreness, as well as the entire exhibition season.

He is currently in Los Angeles undergoing intensive rehab and is not expected back before mid-December.

Demps also executed a sign-and-trade this summer with the Orlando Magic that acquired power forward Ryan Anderson in exchange for Gustavo Ayon, and a deal with the Suns that brought center Robin Lopez.

Both are key contributors so far this season.

"I would like to thank Mr. Benson, his family and Mickey Loomis for their faith and confidence in me with this great commitment," Demps, 42, said in a press release. "I love the city of New Orleans and am fortunate enough to be surrounded by great people that make us a great organization. I look forward to working with Coach Monty Williams and producing a team to make the people of New Orleans proud to call their own."

Demps will meet with the media at 5:45 p.m,. Friday before the team's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder at the New Orleans Arena.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Benson/Loomis are making the right move here. I'm very happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    awesome news!!