Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 196
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The doghouse (wife won't let me in)
    Posts
    1,311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    ESPN says it's Yanks/Red Sox so it must be true. You can also see this since they broadcast almost all of their games.

    I read it on the Internet too...it has to be true


    A Real American HERO !!!





    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    8,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    ESPN says it's Yanks/Red Sox so it must be true. You can also see this since they broadcast almost all of their games.
    They really do broadcast all of their games but with dodgers vs giants we're lucky to get one out of three.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,490
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    Dodgers/Giants. The Red Sox/Yankees rivalry has lost a lot of its magic the past few years.
    That tends to happen when one of the rival teams starts to suck a lot. Hard to get worked up about a rivalry when either A) Your team is going to easily ruin your rival or B) Your rival is going to easily ruin your team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    astros vs mediocrity

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    ESPN says it's Yanks/Red Sox so it must be true. You can also see this since they broadcast almost all of their games.
    i alkways find it hilarious people ***** at ESPN for that. if you don;'t like ti, dont watch it. watching it is why they keep putting it on TV
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,410
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    ESPN says it's Yanks/Red Sox so it must be true. You can also see this since they broadcast almost all of their games.
    i alkways find it hilarious people ***** at ESPN for that. if you don;'t like ti, dont watch it. watching it is why they keep putting it on TV
    Exactly. There is a reason as to why ESPN does a lot of the same stuff. It sells. Jets suck but they talk about them often. Why? Huge market and it brings ratings.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    281
    vCash
    1500
    How is this even a question? Really?

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i alkways find it hilarious people ***** at ESPN for that. if you don;'t like ti, dont watch it. watching it is why they keep putting it on TV
    Most people don't but when it's the only place to watch it, your options are kind of limited.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Exactly. There is a reason as to why ESPN does a lot of the same stuff. It sells. Jets suck but they talk about them often. Why? Huge market and it brings ratings.
    Or maybe because there's a time difference and most people are asleep for West Coast games? Also, last I checked there's some big market's on the west coast. In fact LA's the biggest.

    Hypocritical to say both of you wouldn't have some reservations of a biased opinion if a team you didn't follow was forced down your throat.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    Most people don't but when it's the only place to watch it, your options are kind of limited.


    Or maybe because there's a time difference and most people are asleep for West Coast games? Also, last I checked there's some big market's on the west coast. In fact LA's the biggest.

    Hypocritical to say both of you wouldn't have some reservations of a biased opinion if a team you didn't follow was forced down your throat.
    100% false. yankees red sox games are normally some of the highest rated games out there. people are certianl;y ewatching, if most people didnt watch, the games would not get the ratings that keep them on. in reality people just bithc at the problem, while at the same time contribute to its cause
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    255
    vCash
    1500
    red sox yankees is great when theyre both competitive going to fenway in a sox yanks game is so great but also what about the cards astros a couple years ago like 2003-07 i think im not really sure but the cards always knocked the astros out until 05 when the astros beat them

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,593
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post

    because black people don't run the media and don't have any control over the content, however, when looking at what gets played in the news cycles, a little white girl getting kidnapped will always get billing over a little black girl getting kid napped, and i don't think people are racist for voting a certain way. Are all Mormons racist for voting for Romney?
    That's like arguing that the news isn't liberal because the media is ran by liberal journalists.


    And to your question, A does not equal B. Which is why I responded to odominator.

    Stowe's beating getting publicity is because it was based on fan over-reaction. Had nothing to do with him being white, and if he had been black, there still would have been the same public out-cry. A man was basically murdered (not quite) or rather beaten to near death for being a fan. Maybe he was being obnoxious, maybe he deserved to have his *** whooped in perspective. But regardless of what anyone says, you never deserve to have your life ruined forever for the things you say.

    The joke you made earlier was clearly crossing the line, very unacceptable, and it looks like it's trolling. You can make those jokes if you want, privately, with your friends or at home. But this is a public forum, where racism, gay intolerance, and otherwise, hurtful and hateful jokes against a race, religious group, etc are not acceptable. Making the joke you made was clearly crossing the line, and was completely out of nowhere and not acceptable. Don't do it here again. Jokes in bad taste are not accepted on PSD.

    And this entire discussion about race is not only off-topic, but shouldn't even be discussed any further in a baseball thread, if you guys can't talk about the topic at hand, I'll close the thread. Stowe's beating is unacceptable regardless of his background, skin, religious beliefs or whatever. And making any kinds of jokes in that regard will now be deemed offensive and action will be taken upon them. Discuss it if you like, like adults. Consider this a formal warning to anyone who wants to make a Stowe joke in the future.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    Posts
    27,532
    vCash
    13463
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    astros vs mediocrity
    This made me laugh. Good one Pinny.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

    "We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    This made me laugh. Good one Pinny.
    not as good as my old one for the NFL sbiggest rivalry: al davis vs sanity
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The doghouse (wife won't let me in)
    Posts
    1,311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post

    because black people don't run the media and don't have any control over the content, however, when looking at what gets played in the news cycles, a little white girl getting kidnapped will always get billing over a little black girl getting kid napped, and i don't think people are racist for voting a certain way. Are all Mormons racist for voting for Romney?
    That's like arguing that the news isn't liberal because the media is ran by liberal journalists.


    And to your question, A does not equal B. Which is why I responded to odominator.

    Stowe's beating getting publicity is because it was based on fan over-reaction. Had nothing to do with him being white, and if he had been black, there still would have been the same public out-cry. A man was basically murdered (not quite) or rather beaten to near death for being a fan. Maybe he was being obnoxious, maybe he deserved to have his *** whooped in perspective. But regardless of what anyone says, you never deserve to have your life ruined forever for the things you say.

    The joke you made earlier was clearly crossing the line, very unacceptable, and it looks like it's trolling. You can make those jokes if you want, privately, with your friends or at home. But this is a public forum, where racism, gay intolerance, and otherwise, hurtful and hateful jokes against a race, religious group, etc are not acceptable. Making the joke you made was clearly crossing the line, and was completely out of nowhere and not acceptable. Don't do it here again. Jokes in bad taste are not accepted on PSD.

    And this entire discussion about race is not only off-topic, but shouldn't even be discussed any further in a baseball thread, if you guys can't talk about the topic at hand, I'll close the thread. Stowe's beating is unacceptable regardless of his background, skin, religious beliefs or whatever. And making any kinds of jokes in that regard will now be deemed offensive and action will be taken upon them. Discuss it if you like, like adults. Consider this a formal warning to anyone who wants to make a Stowe joke in the future.

    Well said, Jeffy.

    As to your murder comment - they two scumbags were charged with Mayhem which carries a max of life in prison, like murder. That easily explains the severity if their heinous actions.
    I'm not sure of an appropriate venue to make jokes about this topic or make jokes about race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation but I do know this is NOT it.

    Sports....(Pro SPORTS Daily) keep it that way.


    A Real American HERO !!!





    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    6,996
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    ESPN says it's Yanks/Red Sox so it must be true. You can also see this since they broadcast almost all of their games.
    And nobody really gave a hoot about Yankees/Red Sox games before 1995.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    204
    vCash
    1500
    The Astros wish they could be mediocre.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •