Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    LA/SF these days isn't what it was in the past. If you want to see a real rivalry, then turn back the clock to the 1960's during the age of the Drysdale/Marichal beanball wars. And I would say the rivalry has ebbed even more in recent years with the departure of Barry Bonds.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPosey28 View Post
    Jokes like that are just awful. Shows the ignorance of Dodgers fans. Low class citizens.
    yeah! every dodger fan is a low class citizen! makes sense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    We're bringing race into this now? If he was another race I'm sure everyone would be as concerned and outraged by this. Give me a ****ing break. That's such a ****ing stupid statement. There'd still be people praying for him, there'd still be people donating money to him, Barry Bonds would still be setting up a college fund for his kids, etc.
    BS

If Brian Stowe was Carlos Hernandez, he'd be forgotten a week after the incident.

You gotta be real naive if you think white victims don't get way more press than non-whites.

Where's the non-white version of Natalee Holloway, Jon Benet Ramsey, Elizabeth Smart etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I didn't see your original joke, but all I can say to this long-winded group of responses is: GET A CLUE. No one is mistaking you for Daniel ****ing Tosh, man.
    i didn't think anyone would confuse me for danile tosh, there would be no need to think that.
    Also, i guess i am just confused because i made joke about a dodger fan who drowned and it's still up there, but Brian Stowe lived and that joke isn't cool? I don't really get it. Are people afraid that Brian Stowe will read that joke? Because, he can't read and i am not sure if he knows how to be offended anymore but i am not Doctor.
    And are you saying my response is long winded or everyone else is long winded, because some of the people i responded to i was agreeing with, it sounds like you just kind of glossed over stuff but want talk crap anyway.
    This issue would just be as big if he was non-white. I truly believe it. To bring race into this is just stupid. It's about a guy who almost got killed. Why do we need to argue that it would be different otherwise? It's pointless and just not going to end up pretty.

I think Holocaust and 911 jokes are bad as well. I seriously don't see the need to make fun of Brian Stow and the situation. If this happened to your dad you wouldn't think it's funny and I'm sure would be pissed off if you heard a joke about it. When people say jokes like that they look pretty low. You trying to even reason why it's ok to make fun of the situation just makes yourself look bad. It's just not cool (as you can see by the response on PSD at least).
    Victor Murillo, that's my response, the dude drowned in the bay out side of telephone booth stadium, he got none of the attention, there aren't any players donating money to his family, he is just dead.

Why are Holocaust and 911 and pearl harbor jokes bad? Are you saying that no one has written a good joke about these things? Or no one should be allowed to? Why? If George Carlin can make rape jokes, anyone should be allowed to do anything. Also, me and my father don't have the best relationship, so if someone was making fun of him being dead i probably wouldn't care. My mom feels the same way about her father.

Also, the jokes couldn't be that inappropriate, because i made a Victor Murrillo joke and it's still up there. So i guess this stuff isn't that bad. Selective censorship is confusing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsgiantsyanks View Post
    LA-SF is way more intense, just ask bryan stow. (no offense).
    GOD DAMN IT, I SAID THIS EXACT THING AND IT GOT CENSORED, I AM SO GOD DAMN JEALOUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Odominator View Post
    People of color die everyday in communities that are underserved, however, we get breaking news of thugs vandalizing some "white" persons pumpkins in their front yard.

Breaking news buddy, race is still a huge factor in contemporary social issues. A majority of conservatives supported Romney because Obama is not a wealthy white protestant male from traditional white families.

And who are these people you are referring too? Quit being general and playing down the role of race in todays social issues. You are just another privileged sheltered kid who don't understand the racial hierarchy in place to keep down people who are not white.
    in fairness Romney isn't a protestant he is a Mormon. But race is still absolutely a prevalent issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersrock99 View Post
    ya not really a joking matter
    why not? Just because things are mean or dark doesn't mean they can't be funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    Hate to break It to you but the media attention was entirely based in race.

They simply take the story that sells, period. Two white guys,two black guys, two asian or whatever, in the same situation would have been an overnight come and go story.

It is what it is.
    absolutely
    Quote Originally Posted by Odominator View Post
    No, he got killed because of racial profiling. Sounds like you were privileged enough to be white, its something that people of color like to call "white privilege." When you are ignorant and discard issues of race and discrimination, you are blinded by white privilege. I did not say the guy deserve to get beat, but anyone can practice common sense. If I was a Giants fan attending a dodger home game, I would definitely not call out dodger fans.
    I'm going to be honest, i love white privilege, i never leave home with out it. Your right he wasn't applying any common sense, and got his *** kicked, that's what happened, i never leave a crowd, or go off alone when i go to games in SF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    And Obama got 93% of the African-American vote.

If you are going to profile, make sure you are aware it works both ways.

Skippy was never trying to use race as a crutch. He was saying race shouldn't matter when discussing these things, that all people should see things as color-blinded individuals.

It was in response to it being brought up that Stowe was white, which doesn't matter, just like it wouldn't/shouldn't matter if he was Black, Latino, Asian, Jewish, female, etc.

It shouldn't matter, and it shouldn't have been brought up.
    because black people don't run the media and don't have any control over the content, however, when looking at what gets played in the news cycles, a little white girl getting kidnapped will always get billing over a little black girl getting kid napped, and i don't think people are racist for voting a certain way. Are all Mormons racist for voting for Romney?

vCash
    How is this thread still open?

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    And Obama got 93% of the African-American vote.

If you are going to profile, make sure you are aware it works both ways.

Skippy was never trying to use race as a crutch. He was saying race shouldn't matter when discussing these things, that all people should see things as color-blinded individuals.

It was in response to it being brought up that Stowe was white, which doesn't matter, just like it wouldn't/shouldn't matter if he was Black, Latino, Asian, Jewish, female, etc.

It shouldn't matter, and it shouldn't have been brought up.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Are all Mormons racist for voting for Romney?
    Mormon isn't a race, it's a religion.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Dodgers/Giants. They have been rivals since before the other teams even existed. Besides until 5 years ago (and one massive force feeding of said "rivalry") the Yankees/Red Sox wasn't even a rivalry. If ESPN wasnt halfway between Boston and NYC no one would even care about them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmagnet View Post
    Well Yankees and Giants are both clearly better than their supposed rivals, so neither.
    This.

I am more concerned with our postseason rivals: Cardinals, Phillies (come back!) now hopefully the Tigers, etc.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash

vCash
    Victor Murillo, that's my response, the dude drowned in the bay out side of telephone booth stadium, he got none of the attention, there aren't any players donating money to his family, he is just dead.

Why are Holocaust and 911 and pearl harbor jokes bad? Are you saying that no one has written a good joke about these things? Or no one should be allowed to? Why? If George Carlin can make rape jokes, anyone should be allowed to do anything. Also, me and my father don't have the best relationship, so if someone was making fun of him being dead i probably wouldn't care. My mom feels the same way about her father.

Also, the jokes couldn't be that inappropriate, because i made a Victor Murrillo joke and it's still up there. So i guess this stuff isn't that bad. Selective censorship is confusing.
    You're comparing Victor Murillo to Brian Stow? That's ****ing stupid and not even the same situation. Murillo was drunk and fell off the pier. His own fault. It's unfortunate, but not even close to each other. Stow was almost beaten to death and will never be the same person again because of those stupid *** people. Get a clue.

Go ahead, keep trying to justify yourself that it's ok to make a joke right now about Brian Stow. Just stop.

P.S. The thing about your dad was just an example to tie yourself to a loved one, your dad or whoever else, to see how you would feel if someone made a joke about that loved who died just recently. Would you be ok with it?
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Mormon isn't a race, it's a religion.
    I understand that members of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints are in a religion however, the fact that they voted almost unilaterally for the member of their church is equivalent to African Americans voting unilaterally for the black candidate. There is nothing wrong with that and people can vote for who ever they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    This.

I am more concerned with our postseason rivals: Cardinals, Phillies (come back!) now hopefully the Tigers, etc.
    really your not the least bit concerned with the diamondbacks?
    You're comparing Victor Murillo to Brian Stow? That's ****ing stupid and not even the same situation. Murillo was drunk and fell off the pier. His own fault. It's unfortunate, but not even close to each other. Stow was almost beaten to death and will never be the same person again because of those stupid *** people. Get a clue.

Go ahead, keep trying to justify yourself that it's ok to make a joke right now about Brian Stow. Just stop.

P.S. The thing about your dad was just an example to tie yourself to a loved one, your dad or whoever else, to see how you would feel if someone made a joke about that loved who died just recently. Would you be ok with it?
    They were both drunk the difference is that, Murrilo wasn't starting crap, he was just walking and fell, Stowe wandered off from his group was talking **** and got his *** kicked, the thing is we have no idea what happened, he could have been the instigator for all we know and the assailants could have taken things to far or stowe could have hit his head on something in the fight and caused the brain damage, we don't know. No one was there, and we probably will never really know what happened, but if people can make aids jokes or holocaust jokes i don't see why he is untouchable.

I am going to let you in on something, I have a identical twin brother, he has sever autism and aspergers syndrome, if you were to start making fun of him for his disability i would probably be annoyed, but what can i do?
    I could cuss you out i guess, but that would be about it, I am not going to get worked up over something some anonymous person says, or give them a lecture on ethics, because there is nothing i could say that will really make a difference or diffuse the situation.

vCash
    They were both drunk the difference is that, Murrilo wasn't starting crap, he was just walking and fell, Stowe wandered off from his group was talking **** and got his *** kicked, the thing is we have no idea what happened, he could have been the instigator for all we know and the assailants could have taken things to far or stowe could have hit his head on something in the fight and caused the brain damage, we don't know. No one was there, and we probably will never really know what happened, but if people can make aids jokes or holocaust jokes i don't see why he is untouchable.

I am going to let you in on something, I have a identical twin brother, he has sever autism and aspergers syndrome, if you were to start making fun of him for his disability i would probably be annoyed, but what can i do?
    I could cuss you out i guess, but that would be about it, I am not going to get worked up over something some anonymous person says, or give them a lecture on ethics, because there is nothing i could say that will really make a difference or diffuse the situation.
    Once again, Murillo's and Stow's situation are not like each other.

Just forget the whole thing, you're not getting it. I don't want to continue this argument.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Once again, Murillo's and Stow's situation are not like each other.

Just forget the whole thing, you're not getting it. I don't want to continue this argument.
    Let me help you all out with this one. Anytime a person or persons get in a fight over a sports team they are a moron. There is never any excuse. Sticks & Stones....

Say what you want about the other team and if you visit your opponents ballpark expect to get verbally abused, it goes with the territory. Throwing objects or fighting over the team/game itself is ridiculous.

Does not matter who said what first.....sticks & stones.

This whole argument is ridiculous....

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast